Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eeek the forecast is not looking great 😬 We're in the red zone now and are rural so surrounded by trees. They're a good windbreak for our home, as long as they stay up 😬

Our jingle bells was:
Jingle bells
Batman smells
Robin flew away
Uncle Billy lost his willy
On the motorwaaaay!
🤷😂
That was ours too but I didn’t want to say as everyone else’s sounded less weird 😂.

Hope everyone stays safe, and doesn't suffer too much damage.

My birthday today, so I made a non-fanny cake View attachment 1070771
Happy birthday @Cookiecookie

I hope everyone kept safe today. We got bollocked in work because we have one of those digital information boards that you can cast to so we knocked it off and put the planes landing in Heathrow on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
we're only in the yellow warning area for wind, but it's still rattling the windows and vents here and it's trying to snow on and off. there's a few dislodged roof tiles and errant wheelie bins around

don't wanna jinx it, but I think the worst's passed, it was absolutely wild between about 3 and 4pm

I have not stepped outside all day. big jet tv was just brilliant. "CRABBING!" "HERE COME THE RUSSIANS!" "LOOK AT THE HORSES!"

it's mad how the internet brings everyone together on days like these

hope sidey cat's ok, sidey t. she deserves treats ❤

hope everyone else is ok too!

• Heart
Reactions: 18
That was ours too but I didn’t want to say as everyone else’s sounded less weird 😂
The weirder the better with these songs!

I don’t know if this is obvious to everyone else, but it blew my mind when i found out. What makes these mad playground songs so unique is that they aren’t learned by being passed down over generations like most things, they’re only ever passed on from kid to kid. I don’t know if I’m explaining it very well, I hope it makes sense!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The weirder the better with these songs!

I don’t know if this is obvious to everyone else, but it blew my mind when i found out. What makes these mad playground songs so unique is that they aren’t learned by being passed down over generations like most things, they’re only ever passed on from kid to kid. I don’t know if I’m explaining it very well, I hope it makes sense!
Yeah play time in the playground was were we learnt our craft at school. Then there was little songs you used to sing whilst doing that thing were you clapped hands.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah play time in the playground was were we learnt our craft at school. Then there was little songs you used to sing whilst doing that thing were you clapped hands.
Memory unlocked!

Something something went to sea sea sea
To see what she could see see see
But all that she could see see see
Was the bottom of the deep blue sea sea sea!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Memory unlocked!

We had that one too ! I think our was either my father went to sea sea sea or my grandpa went to etc . Can’t remember but thank you for the reminder . I loved it

• Heart
Reactions: 11
All the rat love is beautiful! I have to put up with so much tit from people for having them so when positive comments are about I absolutely adore it.
IMG_7368.jpg

One of my dearly departed puddings. I have 6 right now (including 4 skittish rescues) and they each get a belly kiss each morning and told they are loved

I'm Amber area so apart from rearranging my wheelie bins (erm, Enuice the green bin is on the right not the left thank you) the weather hasn't done too much and I made it to the gym with my gym buddy (forgot my belt though) but love to the Fraus who have seen some tit. My friend in London had a near miss with a roof tile flying towards her top flat window which shook her up a bit

The best one in the playground for me was the 'I went to a Chinese restaurant'. At my school it was
"I went to a Chinese restaurant to buy a loaf of bread bread bread
They wrapped it up in a £5 note and this is what they said said said
My name is Elvis Presley
Girls are sexy
Sitting in the back seat
Drinking Pepsi"*

*other colas are available

I hated the When Suzy Was a Baby song though, for some reason it really upset me, but I generally hate anything that is cradle-to-grave themed. (see also the steaming bust up I had with a friend because I said the John Lewis cradle-to-grave advert circa 2010 was bleeping tit and she got hugely upset)

Last edited:
  • Heart
All the rat love is beautiful! I have to put up with so much tit from people for having them so when positive comments are about I absolutely adore it.
View attachment 1072208
One of my dearly departed puddings. I have 6 right now (including 4 skittish rescues) and they each get a belly kiss each morning and told they are loved

I'm Amber area so apart from rearranging my wheelie bins (erm, Enuice the green bin is on the right not the left thank you) the weather hasn't done too much and I made it to the gym with my gym buddy (forgot my belt though) but love to the Fraus who have seen some tit. My friend in London had a near miss with a roof tile flying towards her top flat window which shook her up a bit

The best one in the playground for me was the 'I went to a Chinese restaurant'. At my school it was
"I went to a Chinese restaurant to buy a loaf of bread bread bread
They wrapped it up in a £5 note and this is what they said said said
My name is Elvis Presley
Girls are sexy
Sitting in the back seat
Drinking Pepsi"*

*other colas are available

I hated the When Suzy Was a Baby song though, for some reason it really upset me, but I generally hate anything that is cradle-to-grave themed. (see also the steaming bust up I had with a friend because I said the John Lewis cradle-to-grave advert circa 2010 was bleeping tit and she got hugely upset)
He (or she!) is gorgeous! I had a black one too along with the grey sleeve surfer ❤

• Heart
Happy Birthday @Cookiecookie 🎂🥳. Hope you have a lovely day. Keep safe everyone we have been lucky round our way just a few old trees down and haven't heard of much damage except some fences.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
He (or she!) is gorgeous! I had a black one too along with the grey sleeve surfer ❤
I opted for girls. It's like owning a cage full of squash balls someone has fired out of a cannon, they are forever hurling themselves out whenever the door is opened and they get free roam time almost every day . Sometimes I would get jealous of my friends who had big chill cuddly boys but I love my bouncy, curious girls so much. I started off with grey, white and black rescue sisters, then got three agouti sisters and then ended up with four grey and white rescues of mixed generations. Varieties for me are like Pokemon, gotta have them all at least once! The start of the year tends to be very difficult for me in 2021 I lost my three original girls all within a few months of each other - all PTS due to tumours but they were too old to operate, and this year I lost a rescue girl I hadn't yet integrated into the group in Betwixtmas and then one of my precious agoutis in January to an aggressive internal mass

I wish they lived as long as bunnies, preferably as long as dogs.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I opted for girls. It's like owning a cage full of squash balls someone has fired out of a cannon, they are forever hurling themselves out whenever the door is opened and they get free roam time almost every day . Sometimes I would get jealous of my friends who had big chill cuddly boys but I love my bouncy, curious girls so much. I started off with grey, white and black rescue sisters, then got three agouti sisters and then ended up with four grey and white rescues of mixed generations. Varieties for me are like Pokemon, gotta have them all at least once! The start of the year tends to be very difficult for me in 2021 I lost my three original girls all within a few months of each other - all PTS due to tumours but they were too old to operate, and this year I lost a rescue girl I hadn't yet integrated into the group in Betwixtmas and then one of my precious agoutis in January to an aggressive internal mass

I wish they lived as long as bunnies, preferably as long as dogs.
Sorry to hear about your losses ❤ mine were girls too - always on the move, hiding kibble under the sofa, as you said little balls of energy! Loved coming home to them climbing the cage then giving licks to say hello. Would recommend rats to anyone, such lovely little animals!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Hope everyone stays safe, and doesn't suffer too much damage.

My birthday today, so I made a non-fanny cake View attachment 1070771
Happy birthday 🥳
it was mine today and it’s been rubbish. away for work got sent home this morning three hour drive in appalling weather, arrived home no power, and until five minutes ago no phone signal, website says could be off till23.00 tomorrow 😪

• Heart
I didn’t realise ratties didn’t live very long :(

I had many, many (many) gerbils when I was younger (a breeding accident!) and was absolutely obsessed with the little dears. Kept them on and off from my childhood right up into my mid to late twenties. Little rodents are honestly the best. Except hamsters. They are evil.

We have had a lot of wind today after the rain last night. Trees down and the like. I’ve stayed safely inside (which I would’ve done anyway, essay deadline 🙄)

happy birthday @Cookiecookie! Paaaaardaaaaay. Your cake looks fantastic.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Happy birthday 🥳
it was mine today and it’s been rubbish. away for work got sent home this morning three hour drive in appalling weather, arrived home no power, and until five minutes ago no phone signal, website says could be off till23.00 tomorrow 😪
Happy birthday @Captainmouse but ugh sorry it’s been such a nightmare of a day. I really hope you have a lovely birthday weekend to make up for it 🎉

• Heart
Memory unlocked!

A sailor! That's who went to sea sea sea :) It was a clapping game at my school and there was a second verse that was aye aye aye or eye eye eye, can't remember which.

I remember one of the skipping rhymes - the housemistress used to bring out a long rope at break time, she'd turn one end of it and whoever had just skipped turned the other:

I'm a little bumper car, number 48
I whizz round the cooooooooooorner (skipper jumps out to the right, runs around one of the rope turners and jumps back in from the left) and slam on the brakes.
The policeman caught me and put me into jail
And all I had to drink was ginger ale. How many bottles did I drink?
(Then you counted each skip and the rope got turned faster and faster until you missed one and were out).

There was also high, low, dolly, pepper, swinging, hopping, choice - whichever word you missed your skip on was how the rope was turned for your next skip. High and low, obvious, dolly you jumped to face the other direction on each skip with your thumb in your mouth, pepper was fast, swinging the rope just swung from side to side without going over the top of you, choice you could pick.

Happy birthday @Cookiecookie and @Captainmouse !

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Happy Birthday @Captainmouse and @Cookiecookie! 🎂 🎈

Fellow Aquarian - was my birthday early last week and one of my children gave us all the gift of Covid so ended up being a bit of a non-event. Also don’t know if it’s also because it was a week day birthday/adult thing that it felt really meh? We got off relatively ok, though I had a few days of fatigue and sinus pain. Also isolation weirdly (or maybe not) dredged up feelings I’d clearly suppressed from Lockdown 1.0.

Hope other Fraus are doing ok with the storm and keeping safe. I hate the wind - we’re in an Amber area but it’s still been shocking. The wind makes me feel twitchy and wasn’t helped by seeing a tree fall in my parents neighbour’s paddock as I ate breakfast. It was ok - as in fell into a neighbouring field/no risk to anyone but really showed the power of nature. Mr Beds🔺 flew out of the UK this afternoon - had a pig of a journey to said airport and said take off was ‘seriously shakey’. First time I’ve been genuinely nervous re: flying (for someone else being safe on a flight). I’m a bit nervous about what it will be like when I get home given how it’s been here today (home is in Amber zone). Sorry the wind is really whistling (read making a racket I can hear even with headphones in) and making me anxious so am mithering.

ETA: I now know why they claim we eat X amount of spiders - just jumped out of my skin as one dropped down from the ceiling to within about 3 inches of my face! I grabbed it in a tissue and put it in the bath. Was worried Eunice would just blow it back in my face if I opened the window.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Happy Birthday @Captainmouse and @Cookiecookie! 🎂 🎈

Fellow Aquarian - was my birthday early last week and one of my children gave us all the gift of Covid so ended up being a bit of a non-event. Also don’t know if it’s also because it was a week day birthday/adult thing that it felt really meh? We got off relatively ok, though I had a few days of fatigue and sinus pain. Also isolation weirdly (or maybe not) dredged up feelings I’d clearly suppressed from Lockdown 1.0.

Hope other Fraus are doing ok with the storm and keeping safe. I hate the wind - we’re in an Amber area but it’s still been shocking. The wind makes me feel twitchy and wasn’t helped by seeing a tree fall in my parents neighbour’s paddock as I ate breakfast. It was ok - as in fell into a neighbouring field/no risk to anyone but really showed the power of nature. Mr Beds🔺 flew out of the UK this afternoon - had a pig of a journey to said airport and said take off was ‘seriously shakey’. First time I’ve been genuinely nervous re: flying (for someone else being safe on a flight). I’m a bit nervous about what it will be like when I get home given how it’s been here today (home is in Amber zone). Sorry the wind is really whistling (read making a racket I can hear even with headphones in) and making me anxious so am mithering.

ETA: I now know why they claim we eat X amount of spiders - just jumped out of my skin as one dropped down from the ceiling to within about 3 inches of my face! I grabbed it in a tissue and put it in the bath. Was worried Eunice would just blow it back in my face if I opened the window.
What a fortnight EB, sending hugs if you want them. I hope you’ve been able to deal with those feelings from isolation, it’s not easy.

I really feel for you with the weather anxiety, it’s so hard! I used to date someone who was terrified of flying, and she was so nervous whenever I got on a plane. I know it’s not the same, but I kind of understand that feeling. It’s normal to be anxious with storms, it is scary. I‘m glad you’re mithering here, you’ve got your Little Beds to think of, but we can support you.

• Heart
Happy belated birthday @Cookiecookie, hope you had a great day. I was going to be up your way this weekend for my SIL's b'day. That cake looks so good 😊 ♥
Happy birthday to the Cap'n @Captainmouse. Hope your day gets better ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.