Food and Drink #23

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have to order them online! I can get a free delivery so I'm going to do that when my pension comes through on Monday. I'll post pics when I get them.
Omg I’m so excited for you. If you could still private message I’d of sent you some over, although I’m not sure if you’d of got them I’ve seen Nothing to Declare Australia doesn’t mess about.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Omg I’m so excited for you. If you could still private message I’d of sent you some over, although I’m not sure if you’d of got them I’ve seen Nothing to Declare Australia doesn’t mess about.
Ah, thank you! My address is
1 Australia Street
Australia.
I'm exited to try them after all these years!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
gotta say that I am so glad I've got tomorrow booked off work! nowhere to go, nothing to do

we're just inside the yellow warning area for tomorrow, but the last couple of days have been horrible enough.

stay safe everyone ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Ah, thank you! My address is
1 Australia Street
Australia.
I'm exited to try them after all these years!
Quoting myself like a knob. I was about to edit my auto 🥕 when I got a phone call and now it's too late. I'm not leaving, I'm exCited.
I was just reading a bit more about Eunice, sounds like a monster. I'll be crossing my eyes and toes for you all. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Since I'm not in the red zone I was being quite blasé about it and was planning on going to the gym tomorrow but looking at the forecast 82mph winds I think I'll train at home rather than be taken out by a dislodged roof tile or blown into the path of an oncoming bus. Sideboard Cat is going to be freaking out as well, she hates the wind. ❤ for everyone in the red zone and 🧡 for everyone in the amber zone.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Thank you for the threado TS!

@emm The guy you mentioned on the last thread who taught himself echolocation, I remember seeing him on tv, maybe a documentary? What he can do is just astonishing.

@Falkor we had the exact same “jungle bells“! I loved how it suddenly went intergalactic with the Milky Way part!
Jungle bells is now the official lyrics. THANKYOU (genuinely)

• Haha
  • Heart
I’m in Plymouth which is amber, but we’ve already got torrential rain running down the streets and crazy wind tonight. Eek!

• Wow
I saw Eunice is on her way, thinking of all you Frauen in the path of it. 100k winds, it's just crazy. 💕 to you all.
MCM, 100km bad enough but it's miles per hour our people in the UK are preparing for. You probably already know this (not trying to be a "well, actually" knob). I mention it as I'm shocked at the forecast ferocity

I’m in Plymouth which is amber, but we’ve already got torrential rain running down the streets and crazy wind tonight. Eek!
It's awful at night, and in winter. Makes clean up so hard. Hang in there

• Heart
Quoting myself like a prick to say, that should of course say “jingle bells” 🙄

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bat in real life. I love all the stories about them.
Where I used to live our back garden was uphill from the house and we had a low sloping roof. One cat used to jump on the wheely bin, then up on the roof. He would wait for a passing bat 🦇 then launch himself off the roof. He never caught one

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I have to order them online! I can get a free delivery so I'm going to do that when my pension comes through on Monday. I'll post pics when I get them.
Excited!!!
It’s 100mph they’re predicting (we still use old money) I once got my moped up to 70kph going downhill in Cyprus and I thought I was an actual Hells Angel. It’s like not even 50mph. Although I was a teenager with no license so still kinda cool.

ETAsorry, I too am being a metric/imperial pedant. Hope it’s cooler in the upside down for you and the gang!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Eeek the forecast is not looking great 😬 We're in the red zone now and are rural so surrounded by trees. They're a good windbreak for our home, as long as they stay up 😬

Our jingle bells was:
Jingle bells
Batman smells
Robin flew away
Uncle Billy lost his willy
On the motorwaaaay!
🤷😂

• Heart
Reactions: 11
London is in the red zone now too, which is unexpected.

I wasn't intending to go outside today anyway but now I'm worried about my wheelie bins. :ROFLMAO:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Hope everyone stays safe, and doesn't suffer too much damage.

My birthday today, so I made a non-fanny cake
IMG_20220218_185930.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Eeek the forecast is not looking great 😬 We're in the red zone now and are rural so surrounded by trees. They're a good windbreak for our home, as long as they stay up 😬

Our jingle bells was:
Jingle bells
Batman smells
Robin flew away
Uncle Billy lost his willy
On the motorwaaaay!
🤷😂
Saw your post in the Eunice thread, you must live near me 🔺️ the wind is v loud, leaves blowing everywhere and the lights are flickering - hopefully won't lose power.

Stay safe everyone!!

• Heart
I should probably be doing something constructive with my day off. but, like most of twitter, it seems, I've got stuck watching planes land at Heathrow on big jet tv on youtube

it's scary stuff! 😱

happy birthday @Cookiecookie! 🎉

• Heart
Reactions: 15
🎉 Happy birthday @Cookiecookie ! 🎉 That cake looks gorgeous, enjoy!

Adding my “stay safe“ to all the the red and amber people, it’s wild.

I should probably be doing something constructive with my day off. but, like most of twitter, it seems, I've got stuck watching planes land at Heathrow on big jet tv on youtube
My sister was going crazy over that! I tried to sneakily watch it at work, but didn’t have any sound 🤣 I now see that his commentary is the main thing!

• Heart
Happy birthday @Cookiecookie, enjoy your cake!

How is everyone going with the storm? I went outside for a smoke this morning thinking it wasn't that bad and maybe I would go to the gym after all but that's because I was safely ensconced in my porch. I took a single step out to the bin cupboard and got a full-on 70mph blast that nearly took me off my feet. Around the time I would have been coming home, it started tipping it down and the rain was blowing sideways in sheets. Sideboard Cat has only just settled on the sofa after zooming about with anxious energy all day so she definitely deserves some treats when she gets up for dinner.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.