Food and Drink #22 Off-topic Jacktivities

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi guys, I haven’t been in here for aaaages. You ever have those days where you despair of modern life and the internet in its entirety? I am aware I’m writing this on…the internet, but all this Jack stuff going viral and the squiggle army attacking everyone just makes me fume

Anyhow I thought i’d come and see what everyone is eating and i’m always happy to talk about sweets! I tried the cadburys choc orange buttons yesterday as a treat, disappointing.
1686DF36-5468-4673-AB81-766790BFCBB9.jpeg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
Hi guys, I haven’t been in here for aaaages. You ever have those days where you despair of modern life and the internet in its entirety? I am aware I’m writing this on…the internet, but all this Jack stuff going viral and the squiggle army attacking everyone just makes me fume

Anyhow I thought i’d come and see what everyone is eating and i’m always happy to talk about sweets! I tried the cadburys choc orange buttons yesterday as a treat, disappointing.View attachment 1009396
the choc orange twirl is nice

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Anyhow I thought i’d come and see what everyone is eating and i’m always happy to talk about sweets! I tried the cadburys choc orange buttons yesterday as a treat, disappointing.View attachment 1009396
What you have just said crushes me to my bones. Orange chocolate buttons (giant) are god tier in the snack category.

Better than the HUGE M&S ones, better than mint, better than the ones with a caramel treat inside.

However, it has been a hard week, we are tired, some people still think pandas are cute so I will allow you to think orange buttons are disappointing ☺.

Mrs T and I have had countless bickers this morning. It has just come to a head with her cracking and saying “I don’t want to hear about her anymore!”

Hopefully cauliflower cheese and greens will mend things later.

Welcome back ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m disturbed that the word Jack is in the title of this thread. She was mentioned on Any Answers yesterday. 😖

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
I’m disturbed that the word Jack is in the title of this thread. She was mentioned on Any Answers yesterday. 😖
If we work really hard at discussing pandas and koalas
everything we cook and all the snacks that ever existed, I am sure we will be up to a new, non-Jack related thread in no time.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Refrained beans and roast squash burritos (serves 2)
2F7DC0C7-79F3-4BE8-82A5-4D5385A01F4B.jpeg
DEDB0347-1684-4967-94AB-7CE28F02EF26.jpeg
F2FD2A09-61AB-4A1C-BA0C-21C3AFAA22BC.jpeg
9DFC2E0F-021D-477D-AB1C-DC1ED535608C.jpeg
1F380E6D-E817-452C-B6D6-68CDF9B6C7E5.jpeg
B2B7B85D-503A-4E23-B8D8-04BB3A6EC343.jpeg
7BA92C1A-385E-42F1-9F47-E5D6730C5764.jpeg
FA8F5E78-6D4B-42C6-83F5-D709ED74BCBD.jpeg
I left out the steps about how to cook plain rice/grate cheese etc

• Haha
Am also escaping chaos, and wish to put a question out there if the fraus do not mind, so I may grunk any answers tomorrow.

What do you cook as a more "meditative", "self care" experience? Not sure how to phrase it, but I cook very little as I often go "it's not worth the effort just for me". Occasionally, though, I want to make myself something beautiful and just spend a good amount of time in the kitchen, chopping and appreciating the smell and feel of the ingredients in my hands. Time and effort and care put into what turns into a really beautiful meal to sit and savour. But on these occasions I just... have absolutely no clue what to make.

So, (vegetarian) suggestions would be super welcome. Apologies if that all sounds extra wanky!
Risotto! It’s my go to batch cook comfort food (and can very easily be veggie!)

• Heart
Reactions: 7
What you have just said crushes me to my bones. Orange chocolate buttons (giant) are god tier in the snack category.

Better than the HUGE M&S ones, better than mint, better than the ones with a caramel treat inside.

However, it has been a hard week, we are tired, some people still think pandas are cute so I will allow you to think orange buttons are disappointing ☺.

Mrs T and I have had countless bickers this morning. It has just come to a head with her cracking and saying “I don’t want to hear about her anymore!”

Hopefully cauliflower cheese and greens will mend things later.

Welcome back ❤
Aw Tunnel. ❤ I was really looking forward to them as I love the orange twirl and we had the mint buttons over xmas and they were lovely. They just didn’t seem orangey enough? Also they were a bit soft as I was too lazy/greedy to put them in the fridge for a bit. I will get another bag and re-test!

• Heart
Aw Tunnel. ❤ I was really looking forward to them as I love the orange twirl and we had the mint buttons over xmas and they were lovely. They just didn’t seem orangey enough? Also they were a bit soft as I was too lazy/greedy to put them in the fridge for a bit. I will get another bag and re-test!
Definitely cold… although the noise of opening that bag is so hard to resist.

It is odd because Terry’s orange is not to my taste whereas the Cadbury’s buttons are just 😘.

This thread is like a bag of buttons.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
To go back to otters briefly - their breath must be awful with a fish based diet. I don't let the cat have fish cat food as I don't want fishy cat breath waking me up!

Not a huge choc / sweet things person. This morning the bike ride did feature a white chocolate croissant. Scouse Fraus, Rough Handmade in the Albert Dock is always worth a visit, the coffee is excellent too.

• Heart
  • Haha
It's Susan's birthday tomorrow, she's going to be 8 years old. She looks like she's just seen a ghost but that's how her face looks unless she's sleeping. Resting Bug Face.
View attachment 1001602
Happy belated birthday Susan!!! Let’s hope you were served something befitting a majestic pusshk like yourself!

seeking sanctuary from the fucktriggery JM…currently cooking up some spicy jerk type lamb shanks for dinner. Recipe properly invented by eldest Bellend, who has been chopping chillies dutifully 😋

Oh no! We’ve got some of these in the cupboard- guessing they’re not a patch in Terry’s? As an aside, does anyone remember the mini Terry’s segments that were all different types of choc? There was one with popping candy in it I seem to remember. Mrs B says I’m talking shite…am I misremembering?

• Heart
Happy belated birthday Susan!!! Let’s hope you were served something befitting a majestic pusshk like yourself!

seeking sanctuary from the fucktriggery JM…currently cooking up some spicy jerk type lamb shanks for dinner. Recipe properly invented by eldest Bellend, who has been chopping chillies dutifully 😋

Oh no! We’ve got some of these in the cupboard- guessing they’re not a patch in Terry’s? As an aside, does anyone remember the mini Terry’s segments that were all different types of choc? There was one with popping candy in it I seem to remember. Mrs B says I’m talking shite…am I misremembering?
Yes I remember these!

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Is anyone going to do the big garden birdwatch? I thought I’d missed it but it’s next weekend. There’s a park near me that will be perfect for it.

• Heart
Is anyone going to do the big garden birdwatch? I thought I’d missed it but it’s next weekend. There’s a park near me that will be perfect for it.

Yes. We have a reverse bird hide thing in a park near us and so v excited.

Tawny owls sit on our roof and try to drown out the loudhailer.

(owl running video 😂)

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
As an aside, does anyone remember the mini Terry’s segments that were all different types of choc? There was one with popping candy in it I seem to remember. Mrs B says I’m talking shite…am I misremembering?
weren't they called segsations or something? they were definitely a thing

you've all got me craving orange chocolate and all I could find was a solitary orange chocolate crunch left from the xmas quality street 🥺

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
weren't they called segsations or something? they were definitely a thing

you've all got me craving orange chocolate and all I could find was a solitary orange chocolate crunch left from the xmas quality street 🥺
Segsations. Nice.

ETA Still available Kach. Not sure how much they cost a year ago though. Sorry and really sorry about the link.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12

I shall forward this to mother Em. I got her a bird cafe for the garden that provides her with much entertainment and it’s well loved by the local feathered contingent.

Yes. We have a reverse bird hide thing in a park near us and so v excited.

Tawny owls sit on our roof and try to drown out the loudhailer.

(owl running video 😂)
I live opposite a park and owls keep shitting on my car 😩

• Wow
  • Heart
I really wanted a popping candy choc orange over Christmas but my local Asda was consistently sold out, which I guess means they don't exist anymore in Jackonomics.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.