Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not as good as Nibbles though
Just for ewe saying that... I can't make out the eartag, so I'm not 100% sure I'm right, but I think this is a baby Nibbles. She would have been about 3 months old here, it was taken a few days after I bought her, 406 and 10 others.

baby Nibbs.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Morning all, bit of a random one so will spoiler but hoping/thinking @heretoreaditall2019 can help?

did you mention a while ago getting a white noise machine for 👶? If so would you recommend it/be happy to share which one please?

BabyBeds had a tummy bug (alongside the end of hand foot and mouth - touching all the wood that it’s passed) so isn’t napping so well and first world problems of wanting to be able to dick about on my phone and not have to leave it in the hall way (no docking station) to Bluetooth to a speaker. Gotta love the nursery germ wheel of fortune!

Also thank you to those that answered my crumpet query - clearly my childhood memory is a bit off! Guess it’s better to have misremembered a crumpet as opposed to a whole childhood like our dear heart Jackie.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Re eye make up remover query, the posh one is on offer at boots, but out of stock, the body shop one lists oil as an ingredient, so went for the no7 oil free, so disappointed, probably the worst ever! Soap and water would have been better. 😟

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Morning all, bit of a random one so will spoiler but hoping/thinking @heretoreaditall2019 can help?

did you mention a while ago getting a white noise machine for 👶? If so would you recommend it/be happy to share which one please?

BabyBeds had a tummy bug (alongside the end of hand foot and mouth - touching all the wood that it’s passed) so isn’t napping so well and first world problems of wanting to be able to dick about on my phone and not have to leave it in the hall way (no docking station) to Bluetooth to a speaker. Gotta love the nursery germ wheel of fortune!

Also thank you to those that answered my crumpet query - clearly my childhood memory is a bit off! Guess it’s better to have misremembered a crumpet as opposed to a whole childhood like our dear heart Jackie.
Omg my love - we’ve just had 2 weeks clear of the nursery plagues and it’s been brilliant I’ve felt like I’ve been able to finally ✨thrive✨!

This is the one we got her, sadly it’s from Amazon but I was so desperate I did same day & didn’t even open the front door I took it off him through the window! 😂 It’s on sale now which is even better - battery life can last the whole night as I’d heard from another mum the perils of having a mains operated one if there’s a power cut. I don’t love the white noise sounds but that’s because they’re not exactly the same as the ones on my app & I’m difficult lol. There are other ones like nature etc

778B4E05-9022-49E6-9EB6-A94A86CF20B4.jpeg

I was influenced into buying crumpets this week thanks to you guys & baby loves them! She puts her fingers into them and pulls out bits, she’ll dance in her high chair with excitement so compliments to our F&D chefs 😘 x

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Hey fraus! I just wanted to let you all know as everyone has been so kind to me through my recent gynaecological issues, I had the results from my scan following my infection today and my ovary won't need removing! I had a full medical through my work too (they are fabulous, as soon as my manager heard what was happening she booked me in to have everything checked out) and I found out all my health issues, deficiencies etc are because I have an overenthusiastic kidney 🤣 so my fainting, slurry speech, vitamin deficiencies I have been trying to get to the bottom of over the past few years are cos my left kidney processes everything too fast! Got a plan in place now - but after years of issues and then my ectopic pregnancy everything is falling into place! Just wanted to thank you all again for being so concerned, kind and caring when I was having a terrible time a few weeks ago. You are the best bunch of mendacious ninnies I've ever had the pleasure of knowing xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Hey fraus! I just wanted to let you all know as everyone has been so kind to me through my recent gynaecological issues, I had the results from my scan following my infection today and my ovary won't need removing! I had a full medical through my work too (they are fabulous, as soon as my manager heard what was happening she booked me in to have everything checked out) and I found out all my health issues, deficiencies etc are because I have an overenthusiastic kidney 🤣 so my fainting, slurry speech, vitamin deficiencies I have been trying to get to the bottom of over the past few years are cos my left kidney processes everything too fast! Got a plan in place now - but after years of issues and then my ectopic pregnancy everything is falling into place! Just wanted to thank you all again for being so concerned, kind and caring when I was having a terrible time a few weeks ago. You are the best bunch of mendacious ninnies I've ever had the pleasure of knowing xxx
Massively glad to hear that ❤ It can be a nightmare getting stuff like that sorted

eta: i love how supportive the cabal can be, really makes your day sometimes

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Massively glad to hear that ❤ It can be a nightmare getting stuff like that sorted

eta: i love how supportive the cabal can be, really makes your day sometimes
Thank you ❤ and it really does! The support I had from here was overwhelmingly amazing, it still blows my mind at times how supportive like minded strangers who will likely never meet in person can be towards each other ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
That’s wonderful news! It must be such a relief to have the results, as well as all these answers.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Can I just say, this thread is so lovely and chilled.

I have obviously lost my s*** on the MT but am also losing it on a couple of others, but here is like a warm hug.

I don’t use eye makeup remover but love hearing about it 😎. The 🐑 are the best and hearing people’s good news and general life chat is very grounding and stops the angers.

Needless to say, The Purge Part 2 is currently going on outside. The youth of today🤨.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
This thread is like a warm hug!

Last night I had lamb shank slow cooked in French onion soup, tender stem fried in garlic and the left over dauphinois. Chefs kiss on the French onion lamb shanks.

Apologies to the sheep loving fraus 🐑 x and hugs to @Jay-cloth Cow ❤

4D5BAADB-092B-46F0-9DC0-AC79B4D9E8E0.jpeg

• Heart
@Emmapism shared this long-read article on the MT, and I didn’t want to derail there, but this is a fantastic read! The story is, well, a LOT, (definitely some shades of a certain smol pixie), but what I loved about it was how well written it is. Would love to know what others think if they read it.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
To be honest Sidey B, by the end of it I didn’t like anyone in the article. They all got on my tits.
The baddie was a baddie though- knew they were doing wrong but refused to own up and kidney lady ends up looking unhinged going on and on about it.

Reactions: 6
To be honest Sidey B, by the end of it I didn’t like anyone in the article. They all got on my tits.
The baddie was a baddie though- knew they were doing wrong but refused to own up and kidney lady ends up looking unhinged going on and on about it.
Oh I didn’t like anyone in it either 🤣, and yeah, I kind of gasped out loud when it became clear ”the baddie” knew exactly what she was doing. But I just loved how it was written, the guy crafted the twists in so beautifully. I’m just a sucker for interpersonal dramas and petty scandals written like they’re a thrilling mystery and imo the writer nailed it!

ETA. Apparently the kidney lady pitched that article! She’d been trying to get them to write about it for three years 😬

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Just wanted to share this channel, the man running does remind me of an adult Eddie Munster (showing my age, although The Munsters were a bit before my time!)

Lots of recipes are accidentally vegan, most are pro budget. With rising costs in everything, I thought it was a good time to share.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Omg my love - we’ve just had 2 weeks clear of the nursery plagues and it’s been brilliant I’ve felt like I’ve been able to finally ✨thrive✨!

This is the one we got her, sadly it’s from Amazon but I was so desperate I did same day & didn’t even open the front door I took it off him through the window! 😂 It’s on sale now which is even better - battery life can last the whole night as I’d heard from another mum the perils of having a mains operated one if there’s a power cut. I don’t love the white noise sounds but that’s because they’re not exactly the same as the ones on my app & I’m difficult lol. There are other ones like nature etc

View attachment 799914

I was influenced into buying crumpets this week thanks to you guys & baby loves them! She puts her fingers into them and pulls out bits, she’ll dance in her high chair with excitement so compliments to our F&D chefs 😘 x
Thank you dear heart ❤! Have ordered in the hope it will work. Also so cute she dances for crumpets!

@Jay-cloth Cow that’s great that you now have some answers and don’t have to have further gynae surgery.

• Heart
Glad you have found out what was causing all your problems.

• Heart
Great to know that you have found the cause (which to be honest is quite a niche diagnosis) but its infuriating it took so long to know what was wrong @Jay-cloth Cow.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m so pleased you’ve found out that cause and don’t need to lose your ovary ❤.

• Heart
Great news, @Jay-cloth Cow !

I wènt to look for the sheep today because a neighbour put out a load of sheep a couple of days ago and I thought they might have got tangled up with them. I was sort of right. Nibbles and 406 had stayed near the gate with four ewes belonging to another neighbour. I started calling for the rest and got some BAAAAAs back from the other side of the first valley, so set off with my bucket and my two plus the neighbour's four all following, while on the other side of the valley little white blobs started making their way towards me. I got another 8 ewes and 2 lambs of mine and then a whole load more of the neighbour's ones spotted me, so I thought I'd better stick the food out before too many that weren't mine turned up. I saw another five of mine on the other side of the valley, one of which I'm almost certain was April because she saw the bucket, bellowed and started legging it over, and then there were another eight, probably mine, further away - I didn't go to investigate because it was getting dark, but it looks like they're all roughly in the same area.

Badger was one of the lambs who came over, she's growing on well :)

20211009_184310.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Wow look at little Badge with her mane (is it a mane on a sheep?) she’s a beauty

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.