Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can anyone reccomend a good vegetarian/vegan mince for making burgers please? I tried Quorn and it wouldn't bind.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Can anyone reccomend a good vegetarian/vegan mince for making burgers please? I tried Quorn and it wouldn't bind.
i prefer using beans instead of meat subsitutes, not a recipe as such more my own random creation, but I use a mix of mashed chickpeas and black beans, grated carrot/courgette (or both - if courgette grate it and salt it beforehand to remove some of the liquid) add whatever seasonings you want, shape them, cover in a thin layer of flour and then leave to chill in the fridge so they don't break up when you cook, then just pan fry, yum!

Reactions: 9
i prefer using beans instead of meat subsitutes, not a recipe as such more my own random creation, but I use a mix of mashed chickpeas and black beans, grated carrot/courgette (or both - if courgette grate it and salt it beforehand to remove some of the liquid) add whatever seasonings you want, shape them, cover in a thin layer of flour and then leave to chill in the fridge so they don't break up when you cook, then just pan fry, yum!
I'll have to try that. I tried making a sweet potato and black bean burger but it fell apart also, but I think that was because I made them large. Will have to try using flour!

Reactions: 6
Don't think I've ever come across a veggie mince that would be able to cling to itself enough 🤔

This is our go-to veggie burger recipe, we're an omni household but make these often, they're so good! 😋

Reactions: 5
Where are you based? I used this stuff and it bound perfectly. I'm not sure if it's only available in Ireland though 🧐

Screenshot 2021-09-28 at 22.56.59.png

Reactions: 5
Meatless Farm or Richmond vegan mince would work for making burgers although I can't personally vouch for the taste of either. I've tried Naked Glory mince which was good and of the same kind of texture but it was discontinued.

Reactions: 3
I know you wanted to make your own but Beyond Burgers are so good. I’m a meat-eater and I love them. They’re pretty pricey for two so you can halve them and turn them into smash burgers to get 4 thin burgers out of them, then just pile on the toppings.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Oh dear, it appears the ladies have resorted to mugging passing walkers for snacks. Saw a Facebook acquaintance had been up to the clearance village today, so commented to say if she'd seen any sheep with a green C on they were mine. Apparently she had a lovely cuddle - that's going to be either April or Nibbles or both!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Lads, I went for a park date with my dear friend B t'other day. I'd like you all to enjoy this photo she took of a sweet little spring duckling. So fuzzy and cute 😊
C62A2BA8-EACD-4E72-B835-A5460350770E.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I am meeting him on Monday evening as planned. He usually tells me who he is meeting and why, but was really vague about Monday. So I googled him and found out he is speaking at a fringe event at the Tory conference. I'm 🦉&🍾

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I am meeting him on Monday evening as planned. He usually tells me who he is meeting and why, but was really vague about Monday. So I googled him and found out he is speaking at a fringe event at the Tory conference. I'm 🦉&🍾
Let’s hope he doesn’t have a sweetie chaos which makes him late

• Haha
Reactions: 16
6A5C273A-2D3E-4DF0-B358-A14F2472350F.jpeg

Stollen bites are back in Lidl!! Clearly the rest of Southend was as pleased as I was judging by how quickly they are being ransacked

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
happy friday everyone! what is the reason for the hats we have today?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.