Food and Drink #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a big chat with my favourite friend, she recently adopted a Maine Coon! She's never had a cat of her own so she's worried she's doing the wrong thing. This is her little girl.View attachment 685198
She's beautiful! My son is always taking photos of our cats, my Maine Coon and his two tuxedos. They came with him when he boomeranged back to live with me after the end of a several year long relationship. I've got many on WhatsApp but haven't worked out how to share here. I've got a lovely one of Milo, the MC making himself comfortable in the bathroom sink, it's a full size sink and he's practically spilling over the sides!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
@Marj24 I love tuxies! My very first cat was a tux called Bootsy. Don't judge, I was only 4.
Just sharing about the two tuxedo cats, first is a extremely small female, although now 8 years old, she is the size of a 5 month kitten BUT she maybe small but she is fierce! She rules the roost, my extremely large Maine Coon and Alfie the other tuxedo are petrified of her. It's a shame because of recent months Milo has been reluctant to come downstairs (at night he stays in my bedroom, I have a litter tray in the ensuite bathroom, good God the early am stink he subjects me to)

Small female, Callie, adores me. So much that every time I sat down, she climbed on my knee and was very grumpy when I needed to get up. She started ignoring my son, who was extremely hurt. I now refuse to feed her, want to leave a special bond between them. She still sees the big boys off, they escape upstairs due to her bullying ways!

Second tuxedo, Alfie adores my son and ignores my existence! Over two years we've all lived together, the tit!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Aw I love tuxies! my first cat was a giant Tom but he was a total cowardly lion scared of everything. I hope to get a real Felix in the future x

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Just sharing about the two tuxedo cats, first is a extremely small female, although now 8 years old, she is the size of a 5 month kitten BUT she maybe small but she is fierce! She rules the roost, my extremely large Maine Coon and Alfie the other tuxedo are petrified of her. It's a shame because of recent months Milo has been reluctant to come downstairs (at night he stays in my bedroom, I have a litter tray in the ensuite bathroom, good God the early am stink he subjects me to)

Small female, Callie, adores me. So much that every time I sat down, she climbed on my knee and was very grumpy when I needed to get up. She started ignoring my son, who was extremely hurt. I now refuse to feed her, want to leave a special bond between them. She still sees the big boys off, they escape upstairs due to her bullying ways!

Second tuxedo, Alfie adores my son and ignores my existence! Over two years we've all lived together, the tit!
My little tuxedo cat is exactly the same as your girl, she keeps the other three in line and she's always running to the aid of her sister when she gets bullied by the neighbourhood cats.

Does anyone here have any experience with cat trackers and whether they're worth it? And if they're generally considered safe. Mr Beans has only just moved back in after a week of being mostly AWOL while we flea treated the house, he tends to disappear for a couple days at a time when we don't have horrible infestations anyway, and he is so friendly, beautiful, and absolutely stupid that I'm surprised no one's tried to nick him yet so was considering getting one just for peace of mind.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My little tuxedo cat is exactly the same as your girl, she keeps the other three in line and she's always running to the aid of her sister when she gets bullied by the neighbourhood cats.

Does anyone here have any experience with cat trackers and whether they're worth it? And if they're generally considered safe. Mr Beans has only just moved back in after a week of being mostly AWOL while we flea treated the house, he tends to disappear for a couple days at a time when we don't have horrible infestations anyway, and he is so friendly, beautiful, and absolutely stupid that I'm surprised no one's tried to nick him yet so was considering getting one just for peace of mind.
Mr Beans? Hope you didn’t rinse him!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
@bowiethesdmn I don't know anything about trackers but your description of Mr Beans as 'friendly, beautiful and absolutely stupid' is pretty much what's on the label when you share your life with a tuxie. My friend once called his cat Mollie a well-dressed, loveable dumb-dumb, haha.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
They're such dignified creatures even if they are a bit dopey! My neighbour once said mine had 'polite feet' and I totally got it. I found an article once about how tuxies are better than every other cat and stated reasons such as 'can drive a car in an emergency' and 'invisible during the diurnal equinox' 🤣

• Haha
They're such dignified creatures even if they are a bit dopey! My neighbour once said mine had 'polite feet' and I totally got it. I found an article once about how tuxies are better than every other cat and stated reasons such as 'can drive a car in an emergency' and 'invisible during the diurnal equinox' 🤣
I always found it funny how cats do have similar personalities based on their appearance, I thought it was just an urban myth but at a vet appointment the vet described my torteshell's behaviour as "typical torti" :ROFLMAO: imagine people differed by hair colour :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I always found it funny how cats do have similar personalities based on their appearance, I thought it was just an urban myth but at a vet appointment the vet described my torteshell's behaviour as "typical torti" :ROFLMAO: imagine people differed by hair colour :ROFLMAO:
I've read into this, and I've found it does fit with some cats! My step dad has a 'typical torti'. Haughty Torti! They are mostly female, and the opposite is true for gingers, they are almost always male.

Susan fell off a chair about 5 minutes ago, that tuxedo gene is strong! :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I've read into this, and I've found it does fit with some cats! My step dad has a 'typical torti'. Haughty Torti! They are mostly female, and the opposite is true for gingers, they are almost always male.

Susan fell off a chair about 5 minutes ago, that tuxedo gene is strong! :LOL:
It is ridiculous how cats are at the same time very good at balancing , look so elegant yet can be ridiculously clumsy, my kitten just broke a whole load of washed up plates and mugs i had left on the side. fml.
Also I love the name susan for a cat, I don't knpw why but I love cats with "people" names :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
It is ridiculous how cats are at the same time very good at balancing , look so elegant yet can be ridiculously clumsy, my kitten just broke a whole load of washed up plates and mugs i had left on the side. fml.
Also I love the name susan for a cat, I don't knpw why but I love cats with "people" names :ROFLMAO:
My niece has Boxers called Darren and Britney, haha.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I've heard the phrase naughty tortie before and it definitely fits with my sister's cat, a beautiful tortoiseshell and a complete nightmare. She will run up to you and hit you in the face if you dare to look at her for longer than a few seconds. My cat is more like a vicar with her little white patch. She also has tabby markings that you can see in the sun, or if you shave her. I must specify that I do not intentionally shave her, it was when she was neutered!

• Haha
I've heard the phrase naughty tortie before and it definitely fits with my sister's cat, a beautiful tortoiseshell and a complete nightmare. She will run up to you and hit you in the face if you dare to look at her for longer than a few seconds. My cat is more like a vicar with her little white patch. She also has tabby markings that you can see in the sun, or if you shave her. I must specify that I do not intentionally shave her, it was when she was neutered!
my parents' tortie has mellowed a bit with age but she still hates everyone except me and them :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Can anyone recommend a tried & trusted cheese-free pesto recipe that doesn’t contain nutritional yeast? I don’t want it to taste like cheese at all. I can have dairy I just absolutely hate the taste of cheese. I have a tit ton of basil as my plant is getting a bit out of control and I can’t think what else to make.

Reactions: 2
Can anyone recommend a tried & trusted cheese-free pesto recipe that doesn’t contain nutritional yeast? I don’t want it to taste like cheese at all. I can have dairy I just absolutely hate the taste of cheese. I have a tit ton of basil as my plant is getting a bit out of control and I can’t think what else to make.

Can't vouch for any of these but anything paleo won't contain cheese, nooch is permitted but many avoid processed stuff, so most of these recipes will not contain it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3

Can't vouch for any of these but anything paleo won't contain cheese, nooch is permitted but many avoid processed stuff, so most of these recipes will not contain it.
I actually prefer it without cheese too, I don;t have exact measurements as I just kind of eyeball it, 1 garlic clove then basil, salt and oilve oil, and obviously pinenuts, although walnuts are also good (and much cheaper) I also like to lightly toast the pinenuts before as I prefer their flavour like that, and you also need to add more salt to make up for the lack of cheese

Anybody here tried Marc de Champagne pink truffles? If so, are they any good?
I odn't love them (they are nice) but they are my mums absolute favourite, I pretty much by them for her bday every year and she hides them so my dad doesn't ger to them :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.