Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
We got ours from a farm for £40 each as kittens. They are absolute beasts and love hunting. Bells on their collars has stopped the bird massacre but we still get various rodents daily.
I looked at adoption for our next cat but our local RSPCA seems a bit mental to be - on practically every available pet it had these ridiculous criteria like must only have children aged between 12 and 12.5, must have detached house with garden on 3 sides. Can only be allowed outside between 6pm and 6.02pm from April to September. Can’t have any other pets. May get on with friendly yet standoffish other pets only. I’m exaggerating obvs but I’m amazed they ever manage to rehome any of their animals.
Breed societies have rehoming schemes, which is where I got my Somali

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Toffee finger

VIP Member
I used to watch a kitten cam stream from a shelter, my three would always try to get behind the telly looking for the bebe cats.

There's a pigeon channel on you tube my cats love. Big starey bug-eyes at the screen for hours :)
Aw that’s cute of them. I think a pigeon channel would drive me mad, I’m currently angry at them for waking me up in the mornings!

• Haha
Reactions: 8

veryfondoftea

VIP Member
Lovely to see all the sheep. Can I just vent for 5 please? I feel like I am unfairly letting off steam on the MT.

My cluster headaches are horrendous at the moment which means I am getting hardly any sleep. On top of that this afternoon I am going into hospital

for a colposcopy after months of issues and a smear that could not be completed. I have wound myself into a blue funk

and so feel really out of control.

Seeing JM twat around isn’t helping either. All of my running people on SM are busy training for ultras again which I used to do but can barely run a 10k.

Sulk over. Sorry.
Sorry you are having a shit time. Really hope the procedure is OK this afternoon x

• Heart

KebabGirl

VIP Member
Has anybody brought their 2nd jab forward?
I didn't book mine immediately so not quite the same. But. Four weeks after the first I got a text saying to book but the appointments were all that week so I ignored. Then was phoned to go, so off I went. Seems to be differing supply of the vaccines in different areas - so if you can bring it forward, do it!

MerchantOfTea

Hi all, was away a while but back now for more informative and mind broadening content.
Am after following the hype and after getting an air fryer. I am doing good with it so far, but I'd be interested to hear other people's experiences.
The highlight for me so far was a fakeaway spice bag. It was off the charts delicious

Captainmouse

VIP Member
That picture is amazing.
I’ve never heard of ocicats, just googled and they look awesome!
All four of my cats (two surviving) were from randoms - first two were from homes, one was free and one was £40 and we were lucky that they were healthy and lived a long life. The newest two were from a farm as I mentioned before, and again, we’ve been lucky. I’ve been looking at kitten adverts recently and just don’t think i could go down that route again. I feel like we possibly wouldn’t be so lucky this time, there seems to be a lot of dodginess about.
A friend has ocicats. they look a bit like bengals.

When I was looking to adopt a Somali, they approached me about a pair, which was fine by me, but the woman offering was a bit odd, she insisted that they couldn’t travel in the same car, so I managed to find a friend who was willing to transport one whilst I took the other, personally I thought they would have been happier together. Anyway she changed her mind. She later changed it back, by which time I had adopted another.

• Wow

emm

VIP Member
I'm really bad at photographing food but I made fish tacos today with the Plant Kitchen fishless goujons. In fact it was a mix of those and the Finnebrogue ones and they were completely indistinguishable from each other. It's been at least nine years since I last ate fish but I don't remember it ever being complete mush. There wasn't even 6g of protein so it's not even good for my macros! I personally would prefer battered banana blossom, the texture and taste are much better.

View attachment 608738
where did you get the little taco wraps? I have never seen any that small on sale. Or did you make them? looks yum!

lilamay

VIP Member
Hello sweet - how about Adam Buxton - he interviews slebs and whatnot, but it’s all quite gentle, funny chat. I also like How to Fail (Elizabeth Day) - with both you can do a little cherry picking.
Oh I love How to Fail. There was a wonderful episode recently with Christie Watson.

I also recommend the podcast Hidden Brain. So interesting, and the guy has such a soothing voice.

• Heart

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Exciting news to share with you all – I've just been offered my first full-time, professional job. Reading the MT has kept me sane while job seeking so I owe you all a huge thank(space)you for sharing your stories, memes, comments...just everything really. Can't wait to be reading Tattle on my lunch break lol! Lots of love to you all (now fuck off x) ❤
Congratulations Girolle! Best of luck for your first day 🥳💕