Food and Drink #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
20210418_062425.jpg

She must have had them just before our first morning check, the second one was still damp, but she lambs, cleaned them up and suckled both with no need for help, which is exactly what you want to happen :) Navel strings have been dipped in iodine to prevent infection and I've numbered the lambs, but the ewe isn't letting me anywhere near her with a spray can - they go a bit feral when they've got lambs, especially first timers. Boy and a girl.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
View attachment 534441

She must have had them just before our first morning check, the second one was still damp, but she lambs, cleaned them up and suckled both with no need for help, which is exactly what you want to happen :) Navel strings have been dipped in iodine to prevent infection and I've numbered the lambs, but the ewe isn't letting me anywhere near her with a spray can - they go a bit feral when they've got lambs, especially first timers. Boy and a girl.
Beautiful babies! Mum's a cutie too.
I laugh so much at Ewerhythmics every time I see it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
I have a basic ice cream maker from the WTF aisle in Lidl, and I love it. Now that the weather is warming up here, I'm using it once a week. Last week was honey ice cream. Today...strawberry sorbet!

20210418_132310.jpg

This is a very simple recipe, just strawberries, sugar and lemon juice. Only worth making if you have good quality strawberries, then you get a really powerful, intense flavour. It's a gorgeous day here, and this is perfect!

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Ooooh the lambs have started! We’re going to have April lambs and Frau Viv Squiggle lambs and all the other lambs!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Co
View attachment 534441

Congratulations on your new arrivals. They are both very cute 😍. Do you name them ? Glad they are doing well .

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Anyone tried something like this, made with tiny pasta ? Pastina.
7621ED72-9F13-44A4-9200-01E02FAFFCA8.jpeg
8E34E2E6-23A9-430F-8F17-8CC759BF6B1C.jpeg
E924AB74-8155-4D24-8DF0-18414A3D8937.jpeg
Comfort food, pasta, beaten egg, Parmesan, butter. I don’t have any tiny pasta, which is also good for soup, or Parmesan, but might try with cheddar and breaking up some spaghetti. Picture taken from Framed Cooks. Recipe at Framed Cooks.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Ooo, we need a new thread. This is quite good because I can put my whinging here and maybe it will disappear quite quickly. Sorry, I have nowhere else that feels safe enough to get this out.

I am trying to be supportive of all the people who need supporting after my ex-husband's death. This is not about my daughter - she is 15 and he was her dad and I am prepared for the rewriting of history that I think is temporarily necessary and completely understandable.

But if I have to go on social media and read one more thing about how he was a 'character' but basically a decent bloke I may explode. He was not. He was cruel and drunk and unkind about ALL OF THE PEOPLE currently being sad on their feeds about him being gone. I will never ever open my mouth to tell anyone this in RL, but EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON, especially in his family, who is currently feeling like tit because he selfishly drank himself to death, he would slag off to me all the time when we were married. He did not 'love his family', he was not 'supportive of you' in your time of need - I talked him in to behaving like a decent human being for 5 bleeping minutes because that was the right thing to do. He was selfish and mean and abusive and felt that his life had been ruined by events that had happened when he was young and he blamed you all for it and looked down on you all. I do not think you deserved any of that. I love you all, but he bleeping did not.

Oh, also, special mention to his ex-girlfriend from his teens who he got back together with for a bit after we split. If you are going to spend a weekend afternoon on Facebook posting maudlin (and I assume alcohol assisted) posts about your precious memories of a wonderful man, here are my thoughts...

1. Cognitive dissonance much. I can remember the long conversations I had with you after you split up because he was just as much of a bleep to you as he was to me. And, you know, all the bleeping grim cider drinking. And the stalking you. And the emotional manipulation.

2. If you really have to do it, please don't bleeping tag my 15 year old daughter in your posts while you are. She doesn't need to see your grief or sad little remembrances of when you were young and stupid. She is not part of your process, she did bleeping mind, and you fucked her evening up and made her feel like you bleeping ambushed her grief. Grow the duck up.

Sorry everyone. I don't have a place for any of that and I am really, really struggling to be the things I am supposed to be and not scream at people. It is like my truth and my history and my experience is being erased. I am sure I am being very selfish, and sorry for bringing it here, but you are all v sensible people and as daft as it is, I feel safe to say it here.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
View attachment 534441

So cute! Mama looks very judgey haha, so glad the birth and suckling went smoothly.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
@Flumps I think this is the absolute perfect place for you to be venting, because as you said you can't say this to the people you know in IRL and it must be the most frustrating thing in the world! What you are going through is so incredibly complicated, so much more so than 'regular' grief. It sounds like you are handling things perfectly with your daughter though, why on earth would his family think it's appropriate to tag her in social media posts? I would struggle to contain myself too if i were you. The bit following a death is always an intense flurry of gushing, rewriting of history and people scrambling over each other to make the most moving tribute but it will fade with time and your history and experience will never be erased. I wish I could offer more useful advice other than to say it sounds so incredibly bleeping tit and I hope things begin to get easier soon but in the meantime please continue to get out all your frustration here!! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
@Flumps I think this is the absolute perfect place for you to be venting, because as you said you can't say this to the people you know in IRL and it must be the most frustrating thing in the world! What you are going through is so incredibly complicated, so much more so than 'regular' grief. It sounds like you are handling things perfectly with your daughter though, why on earth would his family think it's appropriate to tag her in social media posts? I would struggle to contain myself too if i were you. The bit following a death is always an intense flurry of gushing, rewriting of history and people scrambling over each other to make the most moving tribute but it will fade with time and your history and experience will never be erased. I wish I could offer more useful advice other than to say it sounds so incredibly bleeping tit and I hope things begin to get easier soon but in the meantime please continue to get out all your frustration here!! ❤
His family are mostly ok. They are saying stuff, but not tagging her and I think a lot of it is comforting and she can mine it in her own time IYSWIM. It's a bit weird - some of them she barely knows, and I'm talking close relations - because he wouldn't talk to them because he *hated* them (not for any good reason that I could ever discover), but overall they don't upset her. But they don't really know her and it's all bit strange, but I don't feel it's particularly negative for her. It is for me, because everything they are saying is so kind and generous and I am like 'Christ, if you could hear how he talked about you' in a sad-for-them that they're wasting all these emotional resources on someone who gave nothing back way. Still, in death as in life I suppose.

This ex-girlfriend made me furious though with the tagging and there was another one the other day who messaged my daughter to share all her sads too. They are both relationships from post our marriage and he introduced her to them both and they both went through the 'poor baby who needs adopting by me because her mum is such an unreasonable person' phase. Then they broke up with him because of all the reasons you would (much less stamina than me, mind you, because I am an idiot), and I ended up talking them both through how to detach from him successfully (not so unreasonable then).

Now it's all weeping and wailing and look at my grief, *I'M* so sad, directed at his 15 YEAR OLD CHILD. One of them with added hints and implications that they were the love that was never meant to be (that's nice for all 3 of his children he had with women who weren't you, I expect). Also, weird flex if you ask me, but go ahead, just leave my child out of it all please.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
His family are mostly ok. They are saying stuff, but not tagging her and I think a lot of it is comforting and she can mine it in her own time IYSWIM. It's a bit weird - some of them she barely knows, and I'm talking close relations - because he wouldn't talk to them because he *hated* them (not for any good reason that I could ever discover), but overall they don't upset her. But they don't really know her and it's all bit strange, but I don't feel it's particularly negative for her. It is for me, because everything they are saying is so kind and generous and I am like 'Christ, if you could hear how he talked about you' in a sad-for-them that they're wasting all these emotional resources on someone who gave nothing back way. Still, in death as in life I suppose.

This ex-girlfriend made me furious though with the tagging and there was another one the other day who messaged my daughter to share all her sads too. They are both relationships from post our marriage and he introduced her to them both and they both went through the 'poor baby who needs adopting by me because her mum is such an unreasonable person' phase. Then they broke up with him because of all the reasons you would (much less stamina than me, mind you, because I am an idiot), and I ended up talking them both through how to detach from him successfully (not so unreasonable then).

Now it's all weeping and wailing and look at my grief, *I'M* so sad, directed at his 15 YEAR OLD CHILD. One of them with added hints and implications that they were the love that was never meant to be (that's nice for all 3 of his children he had with women who weren't you, I expect). Also, weird flex if you ask me, but go ahead, just leave my child out of it all please.
Just went back and had a scan over older posts, missed what had happened while I was AWOL for that bit. My dad died when I was just shy of 17, and was unwell for a long time prior to this (cancer). He was not a pleasant person to me growing up, and I spent much of my childhood frightened of him. As I got older, I started to stand up for myself more against his nastiness and violence, and this resulted in me being thrown out at 16, after an argument. I spent year 11 at school, my flipping GCSE year, living alone in a small caravan 😑. As his condition worsened I had all manner of tit thrown at me from family members as I wouldn't go and see him, making him out to be this wonderful man, and me this horrendous person for not visiting him. I eventually visited him once before he died, mainly to stop people putting so much stress on me. He couldn't speak at that time so we had no conversation, which was probably best.

After he died, and to this day on social media, all I heard were stories of what a wonderful man and father he was. To me he was cruel and abusive. So I really get your frustration at hearing people praise your ex husband, I really, really do.

For your daughter, definitely find some good counselling as her feelings no doubt will be confused and conflicting. I know mine were, and I felt like I was going mad at times and perhaps there was actually something horrendous about me, if everyone else aside from me found my father wonderful?! I never had any counselling, but I wish someone had found some for me at the time.

The ex partners though,
I'd definitely be telling them to leave your daughter alone, she's likely confused enough without having to listen to them. Let them weep and wail at each other if that's what they want to do. ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.