Food and Drink #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The social media thing around this is so much trickier than I thought. Well, truth be told, I didn't even really consider it at first. The thing is, she's that bit older, she's a sensible sort of 15, so I feel obliged to consider her opinions too(!) and there is some stuff there that I think is helpful - it's her contact for a lot of that side of the family especially her brother and sister, so I'm reluctant to remove it. We had a chat about controlling the information though - so I've got her to disable notifications from the app and mute the worst offender. I tried to persuade her to untag herself in the worst posts, but she wouldn't - she said it was 'a bit pass-agg mum!' which it absolutely was and that was the point of it, but she thought it might get her drawn into a conversation, and she's right that that would just drag the whole thing out. So we're at an ok point with it between us atm I think, hopefully everyone has got all their feelings out now.

Oh also, I meant to say to you the other day, I used to make my daughter baby mac and cheese with that tiny pasta when she was a toddler. She didn't like it, but I was a big fan!
She sounds very sensible and I hope muting that person helps.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Aw congratulations! How big is your flock altogether? There used to be a flock on the fields at the back of my parents' house when I was growing up but they ended up relocating because the sheep kept falling into the (fortunately shallow) lakes and then if one did it they all had to. Was a shame cos it was lovely to see all the lambs.
Oh, only small :) 15 breeding ewes plus the 3 Ewerhythmics.

Frau Vivienne Squiggle is delighted to announce the birth of two squiglets :)

20210420_130214.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I've never heard of them, but I did some triangulating - this sort of thing? If you search tiras de caramelos you'll see more brands.

View attachment 537928

They seem to mostly appear on nostalgia sites or Jack-esque tweets about the good old days of sweets.
Yep that's them, thanks! That's been bugging me for ages. This is even better than the time I remembered what Campinos were called.

Oh, only small :) 15 breeding ewes plus the 3 Ewerhythmics.

Frau Vivienne Squiggle is delighted to announce the birth of two squiglets :)

View attachment 537966

I heavily appreciate 'ewerythmics', also that is just adorable and what a view you've got!

• Heart
Congratulations Frau Vivienne! They are so cute and my god I love where you live @Falkor 😍
Come and do the North Coast 500, it's pretty much all like this on the north and west coasts :)

I promise last one for today, but I've just taken Viv and the mini Squigs up to the nursery field - normally the easiest way to move a ewe who's lambed is to pick up the lambs and walk backwards so the ewe can see them and she'll follow you. I didn't rate my chances walking backwards up two and a half fields and Viv is pretty biddable, so I got behind her and made gentle shooshing noises and she walked off in the direction I wanted her to, lambs following.

When we got to the water trough in the next field up she stopped by it, looked at me, looked at the trough, looked at her lambs and then nudged her lambs over towards me, almost as if to say, 'Keep an eye on them for a minute, I trust you,' and went for a big drink, then came back and we carried on our way. I was so, so touched! They're both boys.

20210420_163943_capture.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Come and do the North Coast 500, it's pretty much all like this on the north and west coasts :)

I promise last one for today, but I've just taken Viv and the mini Squigs up to the nursery field - normally the easiest way to move a ewe who's lambed is to pick up the lambs and walk backwards so the ewe can see them and she'll follow you. I didn't rate my chances walking backwards up two and a half fields and Viv is pretty biddable, so I got behind her and made gentle shooshing noises and she walked off in the direction I wanted her to, lambs following.

When we got to the water trough in the next field up she stopped by it, looked at me, looked at the trough, looked at her lambs and then nudged her lambs over towards me, almost as if to say, 'Keep an eye on them for a minute, I trust you,' and went for a big drink, then came back and we carried on our way. I was so, so touched! They're both boys.

My husband is obsessed with doing the north coast 500. Scotland is our happy place.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I’m going to bring the focus back to food for a moment, because yesterday Mr Aquamarina and I watched a That Man YouTube video where That Man put grapes and Cumberland sausage on a pizza. Maverick I know like Jack herself (she wishes!)
Anyway, this evening I made it for supper and it was actually quite tasty. Now, I’m a weirdo who likes pineapple on her pizza, so the grape thing didn’t seem too outlandish.
8ADDC992-93A0-44C4-A7BB-35418B150736.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ooo, we need a new thread. This is quite good because I can put my whinging here and maybe it will disappear quite quickly. Sorry, I have nowhere else that feels safe enough to get this out.

I am trying to be supportive of all the people who need supporting after my ex-husband's death. This is not about my daughter - she is 15 and he was her dad and I am prepared for the rewriting of history that I think is temporarily necessary and completely understandable.

But if I have to go on social media and read one more thing about how he was a 'character' but basically a decent bloke I may explode. He was not. He was cruel and drunk and unkind about ALL OF THE PEOPLE currently being sad on their feeds about him being gone. I will never ever open my mouth to tell anyone this in RL, but EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON, especially in his family, who is currently feeling like tit because he selfishly drank himself to death, he would slag off to me all the time when we were married. He did not 'love his family', he was not 'supportive of you' in your time of need - I talked him in to behaving like a decent human being for 5 bleeping minutes because that was the right thing to do. He was selfish and mean and abusive and felt that his life had been ruined by events that had happened when he was young and he blamed you all for it and looked down on you all. I do not think you deserved any of that. I love you all, but he bleeping did not.

Oh, also, special mention to his ex-girlfriend from his teens who he got back together with for a bit after we split. If you are going to spend a weekend afternoon on Facebook posting maudlin (and I assume alcohol assisted) posts about your precious memories of a wonderful man, here are my thoughts...

1. Cognitive dissonance much. I can remember the long conversations I had with you after you split up because he was just as much of a bleep to you as he was to me. And, you know, all the bleeping grim cider drinking. And the stalking you. And the emotional manipulation.

2. If you really have to do it, please don't bleeping tag my 15 year old daughter in your posts while you are. She doesn't need to see your grief or sad little remembrances of when you were young and stupid. She is not part of your process, she did bleeping mind, and you fucked her evening up and made her feel like you bleeping ambushed her grief. Grow the duck up.

Sorry everyone. I don't have a place for any of that and I am really, really struggling to be the things I am supposed to be and not scream at people. It is like my truth and my history and my experience is being erased. I am sure I am being very selfish, and sorry for bringing it here, but you are all v sensible people and as daft as it is, I feel safe to say it here.
I’m so sorry @Flumps that you & your daughter are having to deal with this, it’s strange how death + social media seems to warp people’s memories I find.
I’d definitely block them so at least your daughter won’t have to see any of it.
Sending you both love ❤.

• Heart
Love the lambs ❤

Don’t have anything new to say except echo others sentiments @Flumps I’ve had a struggle with other peoples rose tinted glasses regarding a relative after they died and the only way to get through it for me was to ignore it. Easiersaid than done though, I appreciate. Sending all the good wishes to you and your daughter.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I’m going to bring the focus back to food for a moment, because yesterday Mr Aquamarina and I watched a That Man YouTube video where That Man put grapes and Cumberland sausage on a pizza. Maverick I know like Jack herself (she wishes!)
Anyway, this evening I made it for supper and it was actually quite tasty. Now, I’m a weirdo who likes pineapple on her pizza, so the grape thing didn’t seem too outlandish.
View attachment 538630
I would totally eat this with absolute relish. It looks lush and I am a sucker for sweet stuff on pizza. I love that Pizza Express one with sultanas on it. I even have nothing against pineapple. I'm sure there was a grape themed pizza in Jamie's Italian that I always wanted to try.

View attachment 538630
I remember when grape and Brie sandwiches were all the rage.

Shall I create a new thread - will try not to do a mini chaos in the process!!!

New thread this way:

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.