Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A nice covering of snow here - enough to look pretty but not enough to be too disruptive. Sun is breaking through now with big patches of beautiful blue sky as opposed to earlier when it was snowing heavily and looked quite grey.

The toddler and I sat sticky beaking out the window people watching a neighbour clear their car this morning as it was snowing heavily - as soon as they had cleared one bit and moved onto the next it was then being covered in snow again. Like a comedy sketch.

ETA: Blue skies and wispy clouds.

23D6184B-A95D-4431-BD6D-5FAC9C2B2E04.jpeg

2BF656E0-ED7B-4DB9-92D9-0D2B4CF7F873.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
That pizza looks amazing @Bumbear! We have lots of lovely snow here, kids and dog loving it, me not so much 🤣 Here is a snow pic to add to the F&D collection, taken yesterday at 7am on my dog walk
FC81538E-28E4-4E0E-B108-1776FE0A2E0C.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Love the snowy pictures. All our snow has gone now :( it’s still bloody freezing though so the heating is on and I’m under a blanket while the kids trash the house. As it’s Chinese New Year on Friday and Chinese is my absolute favourite, I’ve been looking through my copy of this to decide what to cook. I’m thinking bao buns and char siu pork. I’d really recommend this book by the way. He also does a vegan/veggie book.

73828B51-98A0-45D0-87FF-BA0DDC8F7310.jpeg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
We still have a tiny bit of snow here but little enough that the cat is actually going outside :LOL: of course during the coldest time of the year is when my boiler has broken and i have no hot water or heating :rolleyes:

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
Oh no nightmare emm!
really is, and seemingly everyone is having boiler issues so getting a repair is not easy! currently about to go and buy an electric heater to prevent at least one room from turning into a freezer :LOL:

• Heart
Reactions: 11
You can buy micronised linseed, saves the grinding, and having seen the cost in the supermarket 😱 much cheaper
I feed the horses that! I pay £26 for a 20kg sack, but it's cheaper if you buy direct from the mill (they don't deliver to my postcode). £5.77 for 3kg direct https://www.charnwoodmilling.co.uk/mail-order/Horse_Food.html

The ladies are disgusted with me for making them all have their fluke and worm dose. The Ewerhythmics are settling in at boot camp (it's the croft Loppy was born on and lived on for the first 6 years of her life, so she'll show the other two round!) and the rest followed me happily down to the point after I'd freed April who'd somehow managed to get her head stuck between a gate and a gatepost going after a tasty bit of gorse bush.

Ladies following me down the track, blue dot is single lamb, blue stripe twins, red dot no lamb.

20210210_154343.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I feed the horses that! I pay £26 for a 20kg sack, but it's cheaper if you buy direct from the mill (they don't deliver to my postcode). £5.77 for 3kg direct https://www.charnwoodmilling.co.uk/mail-order/Horse_Food.html

The ladies are disgusted with me for making them all have their fluke and worm dose. The Ewerhythmics are settling in at boot camp (it's the croft Loppy was born on and lived on for the first 6 years of her life, so she'll show the other two round!) and the rest followed me happily down to the point after I'd freed April who'd somehow managed to get her head stuck between a gate and a gatepost going after a tasty bit of gorse bush.

Ladies following me down the track, blue dot is single lamb, blue stripe twins, red dot no lamb.

totally OT, but every time i see these beautiful photos of sheep it reminds me of the phrase "herding cats", I can just imagine a group of cats running everywhere besides in a line :LOL:

• Haha
A nice covering of snow here - enough to look pretty but not enough to be too disruptive. Sun is breaking through now with big patches of beautiful blue sky as opposed to earlier when it was snowing heavily and looked quite grey.

The toddler and I sat sticky beaking out the window people watching a neighbour clear their car this morning as it was snowing heavily - as soon as they had cleared one bit and moved onto the next it was then being covered in snow again. Like a comedy sketch.

ETA: Blue skies and wispy clouds.

View attachment 428547
View attachment 428557
First picture - that door looks so random lol

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Awww blue stripe ladies are gonna be busy! ❤

Reactions: 7
I'm not a horse @Captainmouse 😂 although that would be a plot twist. The DKL horse out for revenge, clattering away with its hooves on a keyboard as it takes down a 3kg sack of linseed.

It's supposed to get to -7°C overnight with tonight with some snow showers in the evening. This is how much we've already had (and my very sad sage plant which will hopefully recover).

poor sage plant.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
really is, and seemingly everyone is having boiler issues so getting a repair is not easy! currently about to go and buy an electric heater to prevent at least one room from turning into a freezer :LOL:
Mind they are sooooo expensive to run I know not helpful but I think my electric blanket is cheaper I’m addicted to it but people keep telling me I might spontaneously combust 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Just popping to say Mr NP got a job! You might remember he was made redundant recently. It’s a step up from the role he did before, so we feel like we’re on cloud nine today after months of worrying.

• Heart
Reactions: 43

Ahh a whole flock of lambs! So exciting - can't wait to see pics when they arrive 😍

Just popping to say Mr NP got a job! You might remember he was made redundant recently. It’s a step up from the role he did before, so we feel like we’re on cloud nine today after months of worrying.
Huge congratulations to Mr NP!!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Mind they are sooooo expensive to run I know not helpful but I think my electric blanket is cheaper I’m addicted to it but people keep telling me I might spontaneously combust 🤔
God i know. As it was bf decision he will pay ( thank god) I am (irrationally) scared of the blanketsa and sire issues lol, thank you for the advice though!

• Heart
Oh fab news

• Heart
I'm not a horse @Captainmouse 😂 although that would be a plot twist. The DKL horse out for revenge, clattering away with its hooves on a keyboard as it takes down a 3kg sack of linseed.

It's supposed to get to -7°C overnight with tonight with some snow showers in the evening. This is how much we've already had (and my very sad sage plant which will hopefully recover).

View attachment 429205
My horse and I share, I put it on my breakfast, they do smaller bags,
more expensive than bigger bags, but I think cheaper than supermarkets, and no grinding

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.