Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just popping to say Mr NP got a job! You might remember he was made redundant recently. It’s a step up from the role he did before, so we feel like we’re on cloud nine today after months of worrying.
Lovely news, what a relief for you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 12
What lovely news @NP, lots of congratulations to him. Maybe some cinnamon buns are in order?

• Haha
Reactions: 15
First picture - that door looks so random lol
It’s our neighbours garage - weirdly the snow is not covering up a path/step, they have to trample over the garden to get to it!

@NP that’s bloody brilliant news!

😂😂 congrats mr NP that’s amazing news!

And happy belated birthday @EddieBeds, love hearing updates about babybeds too 🥰🥰
Thank you 😊
How is Baby HTRIA doing?

BabyBeds has just started doing an attempt at blowing a raspberry- it’s so cute and funny as he can’t quite connect it up but clearly amazed at his new found skill!

I got to trial eggs, well something with eggs baked in (long story short he’s combi fed as even though I have milk in abundance the reflux causes feeding aversion so he doesn’t BF long enough!) and he’s had a clear reaction so back to egg free. Selfishly I’m gutted as I love eggs - have found it (cheese aside) relatively ok to exclude milk and soya. But hopefully we’ll get BabyBeds through the milk/soya/eggs ladder in the future. So not all doom and gloom.

MrEddieBeds reaction was ‘so that makes you what, 50% vegan if all you eat is the meat but no diary or eggs?’ - sadly he didn’t get why it made me hoot!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
The Farmers’ Country Showdown series on BBC Iplayer is a lovely watch and diversion. Anyone seen it?

Reactions: 8
The Farmers’ Country Showdown series on BBC Iplayer is a lovely watch and diversion. Anyone seen it?
Not seen that one but a I love sitting down on a Sunday night and watching Countryfile.

Congrats Mr @NP - great news and must be a huge relief for you all.

@emm any news on the boiler? I went for 4 days before christmas without heating and hot water and it was a complete nightmare. Being cold is really miserable. The little fan heater I had served me well and I just had one warm room.

Love the baby chat - makes me realise how quickly they grow up. @EddieBeds belated happy birthday too.

Its bloody freezing today. For those of you home working how are you keeping warm? I have three layers on but my hands remain really cold. I am tempted by those fingerless gloves I had the 80s for fashion purposes (they matched my ra ra skirt). I have the heating on but am dreading the gas bill at the end of the month.

ETA I love the sheep updates and the pictures - one thing I didnt think lockdown would bring was emotional attachment to a flock of sheep 🐑

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Not seen that one but a I love sitting down on a Sunday night and watching Countryfile.

@emm any news on the boiler? I went for 4 days before christmas without heating and hot water and it was a complete nightmare. Being cold is really miserable. The little fan heater I had served me well and I just had one warm room.

Love the baby chat - makes me realise how quickly they grow up. @EddieBeds belated happy birthday too.

Its bloody freezing today. For those of you home working how are you keeping warm? I have three layers on but my hands remain really cold. I am tempted by those fingerless gloves I had the 80s for fashion purposes (they matched my ra ra skirt). I have the heating on but am dreading the gas bill at the end of the month.

ETA I love the sheep updates and the pictures - one thing I didnt think lockdown would bring was emotional attachment to a flock of sheep 🐑
no one can come until Monday earliest! we are currently in smallest room of flat with the door closed so heat from small heater stays in 😂 tbh just an excuse to spend all day under duvet at this point 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Just popping to say Mr NP got a job! You might remember he was made redundant recently. It’s a step up from the role he did before, so we feel like we’re on cloud nine today after months of worrying.
Great news. You must be so relieved. 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Falkor the stripe sheep do look bigger. Do the sheep go inside a shed? Or are they happy outside? The news was saying it’s minus twenty three up there, surely that’s a bit cold even for sheep?

Reactions: 7

I’m mostly a lurker on here but wanted to pop up to recommend Turtle Doves fingerless gloves (not an AD!). They’re made from recycled cashmere and they come in loads of different colours. Mine have kept my hands from freezing into claws while I’m WFH (I have the heating on all day but always end up with icy cold hands by the end of the day)!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I’m mostly a lurker on here but wanted to pop up to recommend Turtle Doves fingerless gloves (not an AD!). They’re made from recycled cashmere and they come in loads of different colours. Mine have kept my hands from freezing into claws while I’m WFH (I have the heating on all day but always end up with icy cold hands by the end of the day)!
I got some good gloves in M&S which have some kind of thing in the finger tips so you can use touch screens without taking them off, really useful

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@Falkor the stripe sheep do look bigger. Do the sheep go inside a shed? Or are they happy outside? The news was saying it’s minus twenty three up there, surely that’s a bit cold even for sheep?
We didn't quite get that cold, but I'm about 20 miles north of Altnaharra and Kinbrace, which get mentioned fairly regularly in weather reports at this time of year - the Met Office weather station at Kinbrace reported -20.5C last night! Honestly, they're fine, I was hand-feeding the tame ones this morning and giving them a scratch and at the base of their fleece, next to the skin, they're toasty. You have to be pretty careful bringing sheep inside, you've got to make sure they're bone dry first. If they're damp, as they come inside and are forced to stand closer together than they normally would, the air heats up, the moisture in the fleece makes it humid, they breathe in the humid air, come down with pneumonia and start dropping dead a few days later. A lot of people do lamb inside, especially if the weather's vile, but you really have to pick your moment to bring them in, even with a well-ventilated shed.

I may have a sheep that needs naming, by the way. Ear tag 24 is showing distinct signs of becoming a tame one, she ate out of my hand for the first time today. If this continues, I'll take a picture and Tattle can name her :) (I reserve the right to choose the winner though!)

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Anyone here made a broccoli mac and cheese and can recommend a good recipe?

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.