Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Happy birthday @EddieBeds šŸŽ‰ you could pretend theyā€™re croissant unicorn horns and 100% intentional.

You could use the leftover steak in a stir fry. Just add it at the last minute to warm through so it doesnā€™t become tough.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Happy birthday @EddieBeds! Was going to say turn the croissants into cream horns but that's even worse. The cake looks wonderful as well. Could you flash fry the steak with some soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil and sesame seeds and have it with rice and a green vegetable?

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I've been trying to get up to speed for days and was intending to leave off posting til I'd caught up, but with Mackie on fine form I'm not even going to make it to this thread til next month so I wanted to stick my head in and tell you're brilliant.

Massive hugs to all the people who were so kind and supportive when HE LEFT, I don't think you realise how much pouring my heart out on here helped.

Reading the threads is now part of my "self care" (hate that term, must try to find an alternative phrase) routine because I basically curl up on the sofa with a massive mug of tea and some of the most entertaining people around!

So thank you, from this tired NHS monkey šŸ’

• Heart
Reactions: 29
happy birthday @EddieBeds - looks like you
properly celebrated in style! my newest niece was also born today i'm so happy šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ first Aquarius in the family!

is anyone watching the super bowl right now? Mr Blurst is watching and it is bleeping BIZARRE so many images of eagles and weird country renditions of star spangled banner and people pulling down their masks live on screen ?!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Some American insta accounts I follow are fuming about the parties thereā€™s been for the super bowl itā€™s nuts

• Wow
Reactions: 12
Thankyou all.

@Alansbigplate the jus rol do some pan au chocolate too - canā€™t remember who it was (sorry) when I first said about BabyBeds milk allergy put me onto an ā€˜Accidentally Veganā€™ Facebook page/group and discovered through there that the croissants/pan au chocolate and other bits are accidentally vegan. @MarmiteExtract I love the idea of little art scenes made out of dough but can see how it just merges into one when baking.

@NP I like your thinking. Amazed the toddler didnā€™t make that suggestion given how his brain is wired, though heā€™s massively into Paw Patrol and Blaze currently and cosplays as various characters - itā€™s a small insight into JMs mind. Though I donā€™t think even she has claimed to be a Herman Shepherd (he wonā€™t be told itā€™s German Shepherd) or a bloomin monster truck.

@traumatised sideboard thank you for the suggestion - will raid the freezer to see if thereā€™s any left over stir fry veg in there.

Congrats @blurstoftimes - we have fair few Aquarianā€™s (thanks for the ear worm @Pocahontas) (and Virgo/Libras) in the family.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
20210208_021921.jpg

Finally cooked myself something out of The Green Roasting Tin instead of just reading and drooling! Orzo with baby tomatoes on the vine, though the book picture cheats by showing it before you mix the olive oil through after taking it out of the oven so not as pretty. Very tasty and I had to apply self-control when packing away the second helping into a box for the fridge. I'll use less stock next time though I did just tip the last few tomatoes in to make 500g rather than 400g so that may have made it wetter. I was a bit concerned when told to use PoBP though...

Dare I say that a certain someone inspired me when sorting out my herbs and spices? šŸ˜ I got the containers for Ā£12.99 for a dozen from Amazon and glued an A3 stainless steel panel to the side of the fridge-freezer unit. Another advantage is that, when cooking, I can just stick the ones I'm using either to the stainless steel range or to the cooker hood. Excuse the wall - I need some rewiring before the tiles go up.

IMG_20210123_192924_620.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 28
@Bumbear You may have already come across it, but I thoroughly recommend Shedunnit podcast. The podcaster is super knowledgeable and very calming to listen to. It was my favourite for lockdown walks back in the summer.
Thank you for this recommendation am enjoying Shedunnit very much

Reactions: 6
Belated happy birthday, @EddieBeds!

Loppy, Nibbles and 406 have been retrieved - they came in with a neighbour's small flock, she'd misread their flock mark and thought they belonged to a different neighbour and were in lamb, so has been feeding them. The are the size of chicken houses and I put them out there to lose weight! Fortunately (or less fortunately for the terrible trio) she has got a grant for a place on a sheepdog training course for her and her young dog and needs some not in lamb sheep to do her homework with - I have volunteered their services, so they're off to boot camp later this week, as if I don't get some weight off them before spring they're going to have health issues.

We did make everyone laugh though- as two neighbours were debating the best way to move sheep around the pens to get my 3 out without everyone getting mixed up, I just opened the gate to the pen they were in, shook a bucket, called 'Come on ladies' and mine extracted themselves immediately and followed me off down the road!

Scanning guy is running late and my 15 are in the back pen, so it's going to be a long cold afternoon, but at least it's dry and no wind.

20210208_121909.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 36
We did make everyone laugh though- as two neighbours were debating the best way to move sheep around the pens to get my 3 out without everyone getting mixed up, I just opened the gate to the pen they were in, shook a bucket, called 'Come on ladies' and mine extracted themselves immediately and followed me off down the road!
Yay they are back! This made me laugh, I love that they know they are "the ladies".

• Heart
Reactions: 17

Loppy, Nibbles and 406 have been retrieved - they came in with a neighbour's small flock, she'd misread their flock mark and thought they belonged to a different neighbour and were in lamb, so has been feeding them. The are the size of chicken houses and I put them out there to lose weight! Fortunately (or less fortunately for the terrible trio) she has got a grant for a place on a sheepdog training course for her and her young dog and needs some not in lamb sheep to do her homework with - I have volunteered their services, so they're off to boot camp later this week, as if I don't get some weight off them before spring they're going to have health issues.

Scanning guy is running late and my 15 are in the back pen, so it's going to be a long cold afternoon, but at least it's dry and no wind.

View attachment 425114
Love seeing these ladies ā¤ glad the terrible trio are safe and sound šŸ˜‚

Fingers crossed for your hopefully pregnant ladies šŸ¤ž

Belated happy birthday to @EddieBeds hope you had a wonderful day! šŸŽ‰šŸŽ‚

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 15

View attachment 425114
I love the idea of sheep boot camp, poor trio!! Though I guess they've gotta face the consequences of their greedy actions šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø their progress should be monitored on the tattlers transformation thread!!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
That was quicker than I thought. Please to report that we're expecting 10 sets of twins and 4 single lambs. One lady, the one covered in green like the Incredible Hulk, is not in lamb. I suspect she was, because she was tupped in the first 24 hours and not returned to when I changed colour to red, but it must not have been viable. Delighted with the result anyway, and looking forward to seeing if we get some pretty colours when they start arriving at the end of April.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
@Falkor what lovely news, I can't wait to see the lambs :love:

I finally got to wear my snow boots that I bought three years ago after the Beast from the East, I'm thrilled. I've trampled over so much untouched snow today, it's so crunchy and satisfying. And lethal. I almost ended up on my backside walking down a hill but fortunately styled it out into an incredible single leg slide :cool:

20210208_111218.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 29
We havenā€™t any snow and Iā€™m glad I canā€™t be arsed with it but it looks lovely in all your pics šŸ‘šŸ¼

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
@EddieBeds Happy Belated Birthday!

Hope you had a lovely time...obviously Aquarians are the best (I'm biased, it's also my birthday this week).

@Falkor - so excited about the lambs...you have really cheered me up today (feeling a bit black doggish and demotivated again).

@Alansbigplate - with you on the snow. We have had some flurries down at the coast but it hasn't settled and it's about -7 in the wind chill - I've been under the duvet all day!

On topic - sharing yesterday's lunch and dinner...all homemade. Obviously I hadn't had sufficient cheese on Sat evening so had to have more...

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Hello! Popping in to show off my snow pic. Sort of in keeping with the MT, this is Aberdeen Grammar School in the snow. Not sure who finished 8 out of
100 people or if anyone stole a scalpel...We had a ā€œfair dumpā€ of snow which is quite unusual. This looks pretty - me almost going arse over tit in our carpark - not pretty ā„ā„ā„
637B9583-992E-48A8-912C-CDF880A7BCC2.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 33
I'm loving seeing all your gorgeous snow photos, more please! It was a very dull but windy 20 degrees here today but we are forecast strong winds tomorrow šŸŒ¬
Baby Joe is 7 months old now and determined that he can walk.

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.