Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hope everyone is ok - ish today? I am having a tough day as my bin-bleep ex husband is hiding money and I'll come out of this divorce with an unfair amount of equity but I dont have the funds or the will to fight him. I pride myself is basing all of my decisions on equality and and 'doing what's right' and so accepting this is going to be hard, but I need to find a way to do it. But how??? *

To keep things on topic I treated myself to the expensive granola and it worth the extra £££. Sometimes its the simple pleasures.

*this is probably why the MT is making me rage so I am staying here

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 24
(((((Universal))))) - my ex-husband did the same, he refused to admit ever having a bank account I knew he'd had because I'd paid money into it and told the court that the NHS had stopped paying him his pension. As if! They swallowed it, sadly :( I still consider the £30k I had to pay him to get a clean break money well spent though, even if it did cost me £10k in legal fees because he was a twit and dragged the whole thing out over two years and three court appointments.

Today's sheep news is that when I went up to feed them, I found them only about 200 yards away from the hill gate, so since we might be scanning a week on Saturday I thought I'd bring them back in as sod's law says if I go to get them once the date has been fixed they'll be about five miles away. Bless them, even with no bucket, they walked with me back to the gate, down the pass into the village, through a neighbour's flock of youngsters (last year's ewe lambs get to graze loose in the village all winter, it teaches them a bit of road sense in an enclosed area as we have sea on two sides and fences on two sides) without getting mixed up and then down the road to my biggest field where they popped themselves through the gate and then were very pleased to get their feed tipped out :)

• Heart
Reactions: 27
(((((Universal))))) - my ex-husband did the same, he refused to admit ever having a bank account I knew he'd had because I'd paid money into it and told the court that the NHS had stopped paying him his pension. As if! They swallowed it, sadly :( I still consider the £30k I had to pay him to get a clean break money well spent though, even if it did cost me £10k in legal fees because he was a twit and dragged the whole thing out over two years and three court appointments.

Today's sheep news is that when I went up to feed them, I found them only about 200 yards away from the hill gate, so since we might be scanning a week on Saturday I thought I'd bring them back in as sod's law says if I go to get them once the date has been fixed they'll be about five miles away. Bless them, even with no bucket, they walked with me back to the gate, down the pass into the village, through a neighbour's flock of youngsters (last year's ewe lambs get to graze loose in the village all winter, it teaches them a bit of road sense in an enclosed area as we have sea on two sides and fences on two sides) without getting mixed up and then down the road to my biggest field where they popped themselves through the gate and then were very pleased to get their feed tipped out :)
Did we marry the same man?? He just lies to my face and I swear he believes this whole new narrative! I am spending a fortune on solicitors as he would tie me up in knots otherwise. I feel like I am bargaining for my freedom from him and yes, he is dragging it through the courts. Sorry that you had to go through this too, its so hard not being in control of your financial future isnt it?

Once I know where I stand and I am free of him I will throw the biggest party for the Cabal and the sheep and we will have sandwiches and have a piss and the sheep will have buckets overflowing with feed. Glad the sheep are home safe, that sounds like a lovely satisfying morning and it gives me hope to see you in such a happy place in your life now.

@Scotty1976 I ventured onto the MT and seen your post. Please DM me, I will check my account now to see if I have that facility turned on. This is a safe place for you feeling here on F&D so pull up a chair and stay here for the time being 💐

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm okay @Universal . Ironic that I get more support from a food and drink thread than is available irl . I'm happy to post on here at the moment . Sleep hasn't been good so think I'll be trying to stay of phone so much , I need to stop worrying about things I can't change .Thank you for caring 🤗💕it means so much !

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I'm okay @Universal . Ironic that I get more support from a food and drink thread than is available irl . I'm happy to post on here at the moment . Sleep hasn't been good so think I'll be trying to stay of phone so much , I need to stop worrying about things I can't change .Thank you for caring 🤗💕it means so much !
Everyone I speak to is feeling the same at the moment so you are not alone. I think our moods usually depend on our contact with other people and day to day experiences and with everything just being the bloody same everyone's moods are all over the place. Certainly mine are - one day I am motivated and hopeful, the next moping and find it hard to do the basics around the house (the hoover has been in the hallway for 3 days now.... why cant I put it away????).

My wider circle of friends are all over social media with messages to 'reach out if you're struggling' yet no one has picked up the 'phone to call or text me to see if I am doing ok. Pisses me off when I think about all of the emotional support I've given them over the years. Luckily I have a couple of great, close friends who are checking in.

I have my Hello Fresh delivery today which I am genuinely looking forward to. I made the tarte fillet someone posted on here and it was fab (cant remember who but thank space you).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Everyone I speak to is feeling the same at the moment so you are not alone. I think our moods usually depend on our contact with other people and day to day experiences and with everything just being the bloody same everyone's moods are all over the place. Certainly mine are - one day I am motivated and hopeful, the next moping and find it hard to do the basics around the house (the hoover has been in the hallway for 3 days now.... why cant I put it away????).

My wider circle of friends are all over social media with messages to 'reach out if you're struggling' yet no one has picked up the 'phone to call or text me to see if I am doing ok. Pisses me off when I think about all of the emotional support I've given them over the years. Luckily I have a couple of great, close friends who are checking in.

I have my Hello Fresh delivery today which I am genuinely looking forward to. I made the tarte fillet someone posted on here and it was fab (cant remember who but thank space you).
I'm like that for getting stuff done. It's either getting everything done or procrastinate over where to start. The hello fresh delivery sounds good , it's things like having something to look forward to that helps. I definitely get in a rut with food yet years ago would give everything a try. I'll keep in touch with friends and family with text or phone . I'm lucky my family near and getting out with the dog means I have to get out for wee while. It's difficult when you give so much of yourself to people and get no support back. It's cold here so think it will be a soup day. Take care

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Currently sitting at table next to miniest Moo.
She's in a Google classroom lesson. They've been set a project and put in groups.
However, no one wants to be in their set groups and they keep swapping groups to be with their mates.
Also, there are 2 Louis and 2 Harrys and no one is sure which Louis or Harry is in their group.
There is a kid called Mason that no one wants because he's renowned for not pulling his weight in projects.
They've set up some sort of barter system. Apparently Louis P is worth a Sienna and a Holly.
The teacher is having some sort of breakdown. He's seriously losing it. All 30 of them are all screaming 'SIR, SIR'
I've actually left my meeting to listen to this because it is brilliant.
Teachers need to be paid more.

Oh god, it gets better.
Someone just said they only had 5 minutes left.
kid 1 'but I haven't written anything yet'
Teacher 'YOU'VE HAD 45 MINUTES FOR GOD'S SAKE'
kid 2 'I've written my name'
kid 3'I drew an ice cube'
Mini Moo'but I drew the ice cube. You were supposed to do the writing'
all kids 'sir, sir, sir'
Teacher'right that's it, no one goes until you've finished'
Absolute chaos then happens.
Kid 1'Holly, are you still in my group?'
Genuinely think the teacher is crying now.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 28
My teen has graced me with her presence today. The kids are hilarious in the group chats in lessons, or the bits she reads to me anyway. For some reason my favourite today was the kid in art GCSE who informed the teacher that their work was 'Well sick'. Then the teacher showed someone else's that was amazing and he deadpanned 'Nah, mate, mine's still my favourite'.

I have discovered during lockdown that I have no friends who will check in with me. It's gutting, but there we are. However, in order not the focus on the bad things, I will balance that with the news that our old and wrecked car somehow scraped through its MOT today so lives to fight another day.

Also, possibly more importantly, MrF's house went on the market last week and we currently have 4 offers for it. Decisions, decisions.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
20210128_151704.jpg

They were dischuffed that I stopped to take a picture before wrestling the lid off it! It's a high-energy solid block of molasses with various vitamins and minerals added to it, it gives them some extra calories in the cold weather and they love it - there was a punch-up to be first once I got the lid off and stepped back - so tomorrow everyone will have molasses-brown noses :)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Currently sitting at table next to miniest Moo.
She's in a Google classroom lesson. They've been set a project and put in groups.
However, no one wants to be in their set groups and they keep swapping groups to be with their mates.
Also, there are 2 Louis and 2 Harrys and no one is sure which Louis or Harry is in their group.
There is a kid called Mason that no one wants because he's renowned for not pulling his weight in projects.
They've set up some sort of barter system. Apparently Louis P is worth a Sienna and a Holly.
The teacher is having some sort of breakdown. He's seriously losing it. All 30 of them are all screaming 'SIR, SIR'
I've actually left my meeting to listen to this because it is brilliant.
Teachers need to be paid more.

Oh god, it gets better.
Someone just said they only had 5 minutes left.
kid 1 'but I haven't written anything yet'
Teacher 'YOU'VE HAD 45 MINUTES FOR GOD'S SAKE'
kid 2 'I've written my name'
kid 3'I drew an ice cube'
Mini Moo'but I drew the ice cube. You were supposed to do the writing'
all kids 'sir, sir, sir'
Teacher'right that's it, no one goes until you've finished'
Absolute chaos then happens.
Kid 1'Holly, are you still in my group?'
Genuinely think the teacher is crying now.
when we have come out of this, and had some distance, I could imagine a good comedy about home schooling in lockdown :LOL:
Totally OT but if anyone needs a laugh today this is great Lucia Keskin on Twitter: "if british sitcoms were set during the pandemic https://tattle.life/threads/19920/" / Twitter

Reactions: 11
us on the f&d thread looking at falkors sheep posts
20210128_161540.jpg

Us on the MT when we see a new JM tweet
20210128_161651.jpg

They were dischuffed that I stopped to take a picture before wrestling the lid off it! It's a high-energy solid block of molasses with various vitamins and minerals added to it, it gives them some extra calories in the cold weather and they love it - there was a punch-up to be first once I got the lid off and stepped back - so tomorrow everyone will have molasses-brown noses :)
I love how they pose for the camera, probably a silly question but why are some sheep painted red & some green?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
us on the f&d thread looking at falkors sheep posts
View attachment 407191
Us on the MT when we see a new JM tweet
View attachment 407192

I love how they pose for the camera, probably a silly question but why are some sheep painted red & some green?
Loving the eyebrows!!

The green and red show when they were covered by the tup - he had raddle paste on his chest between his front legs which marked their bottoms when he covered them and as a ewe is fertile approximately every 17 days, I changed colour after two weeks so I could see if any who'd been marked with the green got marked again with the red, i.e. they didn't get in lamb the first time around, so the lamb is going to come later. Some may have both colours and still not be in lamb, but we'll find out fairly soon, the scanning guy will be here the week after next hopefully. First lamb due about 20th April plus or minus 5 days.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Loving the eyebrows!!

The green and red show when they were covered by the tup - he had raddle paste on his chest between his front legs which marked their bottoms when he covered them and as a ewe is fertile approximately every 17 days, I changed colour after two weeks so I could see if any who'd been marked with the green got marked again with the red, i.e. they didn't get in lamb the first time around, so the lamb is going to come later. Some may have both colours and still not be in lamb, but we'll find out fairly soon, the scanning guy will be here the week after next hopefully. First lamb due about 20th April plus or minus 5 days.
🔺 me but I am part of the farming community (I draw the line at attending the Lady Farmer events). My father in law can, in the blink of an eye, tell you the date that you conceived when you tell him your due date.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
finally, Morrison's upped their sock game

20210128_192211.jpg

I bought them with the sole intention of showing you all

I am wearing the apples.

also picked up 6 packs of the salt and vinegar and prawn cocktail quavers that I mentioned up thread 🙌

it's been a horrible week, so I needed payday treats

massive hugs to anyone who wants them ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Just added prawn cocktail quavers to my online shop. Thanks for the reminder!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
thank goodness there are sheep here! Do they just lap up the mineral caramel stuff out of the bucket then?

In case anyone is interested/trying to avoid, a Chaos has ensued on the MT thread, not a very nice one.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
thank goodness there are sheep here! Do they just lap up the mineral caramel stuff out of the bucket then?

In case anyone is interested/trying to avoid, a Chaos has ensued on the MT thread, not a very nice one.
Might swerve that one today then. I'll stay here for socks and sheep - thanks for the heads up, sometimes I cant look away once I see a chaos unfolding even though I know I should.

Reactions: 10

Thanks for the heads up.

It's kind of like a hard toffee, they lick it :)

Reactions: 12
Like sausage toffee?
Unlike JM, they're 100% vegan ;)

This is what it looks like - I use the small rectangular ones, which are 22.5kg and will las mine a couple of weeks. My friend at the farm uses the big 80kg ones and she lets me have the empty tubs, they make great water buckets for the field and you can also grow decent potatoes in them if you drill drainage holes in the bottom!

171445-13170492.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.