Food and Drink #16 Liedown larder

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've been unexpectedly offered the COVID jab (didn't realise I was classed as having an underlying health condition) so I've booked it for early March. Feeling quite guilty that I'm going to have mine before my parents who are in their sixties, especially as I will still have some level of immunity from having had COVID less than two months ago.

While it is nice to think that with the vaccination roll-out we are that much closer to getting back to a total end to lockdown, I'm caught up in the fact it's come too late for my grandma who died suddenly a week ago. She lived in a care home and we hadn't been able to see her for over a year. Another couple of months and we'd have been able to visit, we were that close. I just can't believe that the last year of her life was a bleeping pandemic. Sorry to be terribly depressing. At least my other grandma has had her first jab, that is a great relief. I'm glad other people here are having theirs too.

• Heart
Reactions: 37
So sorry about your grandma. I know the order of things can seem messed up - I’ve known a few people have it before their parents and they felt guilty too. But we all need to have it if we can so by becoming a vaccinated person in the population you are helping everybody. X

• Heart
Reactions: 10
So sorry to hear that @traumatised sideboard :(

I've got something akin to the period sweats but no actual fever. Just feel a little under the weather so far. I think I'll mostly be celebrating by flaunting my vaccine card at all my healthier friends. 🤪

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I've been unexpectedly offered the COVID jab (didn't realise I was classed as having an underlying health condition) so I've booked it for early March. Feeling quite guilty that I'm going to have mine before my parents who are in their sixties, especially as I will still have some level of immunity from having had COVID less than two months ago.

While it is nice to think that with the vaccination roll-out we are that much closer to getting back to a total end to lockdown, I'm caught up in the fact it's come too late for my grandma who died suddenly a week ago. She lived in a care home and we hadn't been able to see her for over a year. Another couple of months and we'd have been able to visit, we were that close. I just can't believe that the last year of her life was a bleeping pandemic. Sorry to be terribly depressing. At least my other grandma has had her first jab, that is a great relief. I'm glad other people here are having theirs too.
Gosh so sorry to hear this sad news? How are you coping?

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you everyone for the condolences. My family is quite small so I've been fortunate enough to be relatively untouched by death up until this point. It's been hard to take. Both my granddads died some years ago now but they both had dementia so in a sense they were already gone. I've not been sleeping well, I feel incredibly guilty especially as I'd made a dusty relatives joke on Tuesday evening not knowing that she'd died earlier that day. She'd sent me a cheque at Christmas that I hadn't got round to putting in the bank so my mum told me to do it before the account got frozen. I felt like I'd sold my soul when I realised that I'd just fed the last thing I had from her into a machine for money.

You know it's been a bad week when forensically combing for a few hours through the same few minutes of JM warbling is not the worst thing you've heard!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Oh @traumatised sideboard love I’m so so sorry. I know this sounds weird but I‘m glad you’re talking to us about it. It’s so rough anyway, but especially at the moment, and with a small family, no wonder it’s hitting hard.

Those random guilty feelings are so painful, but you know they’re not real.
I apologise for the unsolicited advice, but someone once pointed out to me (when I was trying to cope with a loss) that grief is exhausting. It really is. So please, please go easy on yourself, and take care of yourself.

You really do have this sweet group of people to lean on. We don’t just love you for your songs, you come across wonderfully just as yourself.
Sending love and strength to you and your family x

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Oh @traumatised sideboard. That's rough. I know these feelings from a few years ago - distance (and family dynamic) rather than pandemic though.
Can only echo Sideboard Bob - please go easy on yourself ❤ grief can be many things. But I have found comfort over the years by treating it as love by another name sometimes. Takes time though

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just on the way back from having my jab. Don't think my arm is going to be too happy later, started exercise this week for the first time in way too long, and I'm sore everywhere as it is 😬. Have planned an easy couple of days this week now in case I feel rough though.

@traumatised sideboard - sorry to hear about your grandma lovely. I think @Falkor's idea is a good one about buying something special ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Sending love to @traumatised sideboard - death is never easy in normal times but it must be so much harder at the moment. She gave you that money for a reason so I echo what others have said about spending it on yourself and buying something special. In fact, if you had cashed the cheque earlier you may have spent the money on something else by now so its nice that you have this opportunity in a funny way. Take care and keep posting your thoughts here if it helps.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.