Flossie Clegg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
lurker, made an account to literally say this because it made me irritated lmao

her answer to the 'covid 19 is a hoax' opinion was really bad. 'i don't think it is :/// uhh... and i'll leave it at that' - like girl, i get you were tipsy and having a bit of a joke (i hope) but including that viewpoint and being reluctant to properly condemn it is so irresponsible combined with the going around partying, traveling abroad, and acting like nothing is happening. things are getting worse and whilst i understand you may think restrictions have gone too far or whatever, it is just a bit gross to propagate conspiracy theories without properly combating them.
She can't be too definitive though - if she says "Covid 19 is in no way a hoax" people will probably slate her more for breaking lockdown and endangering people.

Reactions: 1
She can't be too definitive though - if she says "Covid 19 is in no way a hoax" people will probably slate her more for breaking lockdown and endangering people.
I mean sure, but then that gives her the chance to start taking responsibility and apologize for her past actions then make an effort not to break the rules so often. By spreading hoaxes, I feel like she not only makes herself look bad but also negatively impacts on her subscribers by spreading false theories. Also, I mean, she could have left the question out? She chose to include that clip.

I can only hope that from this, she starts acting more responsibly. I honestly thought she had a good and sensible head on her shoulders but moving to London has really shown her in a bad light - not so much the partying because I mean, duck, sometimes we all love a good night out, but the sheer flippancy towards the global situation. It's almost like freshers for her so idk, I'd cut her a bit of slack providing she's safe and isolating when necessary (if she saw her friends who tested positive for example) but including that part of the video then acting as she is really irks me lmao.

Also, sorry for the long post! This is just a real pet hate of mine atm with influencers, I follow a few who seem to think everything is back to normal already. Like sure, go to the pub and see your mates if you can but stop flouting rules - as an influencer, you're signing up to promote and influence opinions - don't do it like this.

Reactions: 6
sooooo many comments on her latest video are ppl picking up on the fact that she’s changed, i thought it was just me/us, because i do like flossie but since london, her vibe is just a bit entitled and bitchy idk, hopefully it’s just a phase

Reactions: 13
I mean sure, but then that gives her the chance to start taking responsibility and apologize for her past actions then make an effort not to break the rules so often. By spreading hoaxes, I feel like she not only makes herself look bad but also negatively impacts on her subscribers by spreading false theories. Also, I mean, she could have left the question out? She chose to include that clip.

I can only hope that from this, she starts acting more responsibly. I honestly thought she had a good and sensible head on her shoulders but moving to London has really shown her in a bad light - not so much the partying because I mean, duck, sometimes we all love a good night out, but the sheer flippancy towards the global situation. It's almost like freshers for her so idk, I'd cut her a bit of slack providing she's safe and isolating when necessary (if she saw her friends who tested positive for example) but including that part of the video then acting as she is really irks me lmao.

Also, sorry for the long post! This is just a real pet hate of mine atm with influencers, I follow a few who seem to think everything is back to normal already. Like sure, go to the pub and see your mates if you can but stop flouting rules - as an influencer, you're signing up to promote and influence opinions - don't do it like this.
No I get all of what you said and fully agree. I didn't mean to say she shouldn't take responsibility for her sometimes dangerous behaviour, all I meant was that I figured she wouldn't, as often selfish people (even to some degree like Flossie) won't cop to their negative actions. It takes quite a lot of humility and strength to admit where you fucked up, which I don't think Flossie has or has needed to have previously.
No worries at the long post though! Always good to let off steam :) I fully agree with you in all you've said though.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
The vibes were soooooo off in her new video. She looks beautiful but it doesn’t mean anything when her personality is off. Also anyone else think she’s cloning into Olivia?

Reactions: 17
The vibes were soooooo off in her new video. She looks beautiful but it doesn’t mean anything when her personality is off. Also anyone else think she’s cloning into Olivia?
She’s totally ditched her own style and is dressing exactly like Olivia now.

Reactions: 7
I couldn’t finish the vid. She’s trying too hard to be edgy and funny in Olivia’s style and it made me cringe. I also can’t take her seriously w her outfits 😶 seems so basic to copy someone’s complete style as well. Although I can tell it’s also influenced by tiktok .......

Reactions: 11
I couldn’t finish the vid. She’s trying too hard to be edgy and funny in Olivia’s style and it made me cringe. I also can’t take her seriously w her outfits 😶 seems so basic to copy someone’s complete style as well. Although I can tell it’s also influenced by tiktok .......
I can't believe anyone could finish it. Honestly, even just last week I thought you know what maybe I shouldn't get too annoyed, she's a young girl living alone. But this video made me think she's so annoying again. I always used to be a little bit on the fence with her but she seemed sweet, and a bit of a loner, and quite artsy really. Now it's just bizarre. The fact she stared at the camera for like five seconds at the start of the video.I admire confidence but this is something else. I'm just wondering, where can she progress her career from here? They don't do anything! They don't have any talents or skills that people come to their videos for.

Reactions: 8
I actually found her latest video so hard to watch, I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone’s personality change so drastically from moving away from home. I miss it when she was with Will, now all this flaunting about going out/seeing boys constantly doesn’t suit her and she’s trying to hard to act dumb/edgy by constantly losing her focus throughout her sentences (like Olivia) and the constant tiktok references. I actually found her really funny and someone I’d want to be mates with before and now I just watch her videos with a completely straight face

Reactions: 12
both her and olivia are completely insufferable to me. the whole talking and then getting distracted and talking about something else isn't funny, it just seems forced to try and seem 'relatable'

both her and olivia are completely insufferable to me. the whole talking and then getting distracted and talking about something else isn't funny, it just seems forced to try and seem 'relatable'
In Olivia’s defence, iirc she said that she actually has ADHD. I agree that Flossie is doing it to be ✨ quirky ✨ though.

Reactions: 4
Idk if she acc does have adhd or if it's just something she says
If she doesn’t and is just saying that she does then she’s being extremely insensitive to those that do have it. It’s the same as saying you have anxiety just because you’re shy and don’t like presentations.

If she doesn’t and is just saying that she does then she’s being extremely insensitive to those that do have it. It’s the same as saying you have anxiety just because you’re shy and don’t like presentations.
I have ADHD (inattentive type, formerly known as ADD) and whilst I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm offended by people throwing it around like that and saying 'omg I'm so ADHD lmao', it does get on my nerves a bit. ADHD isn't just being distracted and quirky - it's a serious disorder of self-regulation and executive dysfunction. I nearly failed my third year of university as a result of being undiagnosed and was told that my degree was under threat if I didn't get treated for it (medication helps so much and actually calms my brain down). I spent my life walking around in a fog, with self-destructive levels of procrastination before getting treated. . ADHD affects literally everything - your relationships, your emotions, your employment, self-care etc. Rant over lol.

• Heart
I have ADHD (inattentive type, formerly known as ADD) and whilst I wouldn't go so far as to say I'm offended by people throwing it around like that and saying 'omg I'm so ADHD lmao', it does get on my nerves a bit. ADHD isn't just being distracted and quirky - it's a serious disorder of self-regulation and executive dysfunction. I nearly failed my third year of university as a result of being undiagnosed and was told that my degree was under threat if I didn't get treated for it (medication helps so much and actually calms my brain down). I spent my life walking around in a fog, with self-destructive levels of procrastination before getting treated. . ADHD affects literally everything - your relationships, your emotions, your employment, self-care etc. Rant over lol.
I totally agree with you. While it’s great that mental health is a lot less stigmatised these days, I hate that it’s simultaneously seen as a quirky personality trait. I feel like Flossie is the kind of girl who says she’s OCD purely because she likes to be organised.

• Heart
I totally agree with you. While it’s great that mental health is a lot less stigmatised these days, I hate that it’s simultaneously seen as a quirky personality trait. I feel like Flossie is the kind of girl who says she’s OCD purely because she likes to be organised.
There seems to be a lot of talk about mental health "awareness" these days, which I guess is a step in the right direction but we also need more actual understanding. Sometimes it seems like MH "awareness" gets thrown around like a buzzword but nothing much beyond that. E.g with ADHD - I've noticed that whilst most people have heard of it, their understanding of it is based on some rather misguided ideas of what it's actually like e.g. an being 'hyperactive' and not being able to sit still. This is like thinking that autism is a hand flapping disorder.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.