Flossie Clegg #3 Copycat personality and lost touch with reality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Not sure if anyone has listened to this podcast butttt I randomly listened to Olivia's sister's podcast & it is quite ironic really. There's a couple of topics she contradicts herself on .. one she states how much she tries to steer away from fast fashion etc (yet her sister promotes motel rocks). These girls are out here 'trying to be vegan' & yet doing all of these questionable things!

Reactions: 8
Not sure if anyone has listened to this podcast butttt I randomly listened to Olivia's sister's podcast & it is quite ironic really. There's a couple of topics she contradicts herself on .. one she states how much she tries to steer away from fast fashion etc (yet her sister promotes motel rocks). These girls are out here 'trying to be vegan' & yet doing all of these questionable things!
Tbf separate her from her sister she’s her own person and she’s obvs gonna support her sister, Emma is actually quite sustainable and never wears fast fashion

Reactions: 41
I think theyre just sell outs lol if you offer anyone enough money theyd do the same

Tbf separate her from her sister she’s her own person and she’s obvs gonna support her sister, Emma is actually quite sustainable and never wears fast fashion
not to police anyone but with the amount of new trendy clothes that she constantly has, I also wonder what the concept of sustainability looks like to her (also with veganism -- every effort to cut consumption of animal products is great, but if you care about the sustainability of your diet, eating avocado, quinoa and almond products every day is not a very well-informed choice f you live in NI). re: clothes, of course buying from smaller brands CAN be sustainable but also only if they consistently use recycled clothes or repurpose second hand. I think it is wrong to point fingers and try and hold an individual accountable for consumerism which is something that is clearly a systemic issue, but I find it strange that when influencers make sustainability their unique selling point they engage so little with what that actually means. nobody's perfect and that is okay but you would expect some self reflection in that regard if you want to make it your brand and actually be authentic (same as is often discussed for influencers like ashley/bestdressed). to me it seems like emma is just hopping on to whatever trend there is to try and also make it on tiktok/any other platform

Reactions: 15
not to police anyone but with the amount of new trendy clothes that she constantly has, I also wonder what the concept of sustainability looks like to her (also with veganism -- every effort to cut consumption of animal products is great, but if you care about the sustainability of your diet, eating avocado, quinoa and almond products every day is not a very well-informed choice f you live in NI). re: clothes, of course buying from smaller brands CAN be sustainable but also only if they consistently use recycled clothes or repurpose second hand. I think it is wrong to point fingers and try and hold an individual accountable for consumerism which is something that is clearly a systemic issue, but I find it strange that when influencers make sustainability their unique selling point they engage so little with what that actually means. nobody's perfect and that is okay but you would expect some self reflection in that regard if you want to make it your brand and actually be authentic (same as is often discussed for influencers like ashley/bestdressed). to me it seems like emma is just hopping on to whatever trend there is to try and also make it on tiktok/any other platform
I think in olivias case the fast fashion/ sustainable vegan thing isn’t that severe. Although I understand why people have a problem with her flaunting she is so ethical and cares about animals yet ENDORSES and puts her face on what is essentially a fast fashion brand. Anyone else think motel rocks is extremely overpriced and only for skinny boobless people?

molly Hague and her being paid millions over the years from Pretty little thing to flaunt new range rovers, Louis Vuitton and endless designer ?!

it’s disgusting and everything that’s wrong with the whole system. Where do the clothes get made, where are the materials from? How much are the workers paid? Is there child labour/people In poverty sewing the clothes? YES.

Are young impressionable people paying for example £18 for a poor quality polyester dress, where the majority of profit goes to people at the top like Umar and Molly to add fo their sickening wealth? YES.

mollys popularity and acceptance of fast fashion as a culture / trend is sickening. It’s everywhere. Let’s be real the actual clothes are tit too, they don’t last. Of course it will look good in a posed, edited photo of a skinny model with fake tits, filler Botox, makeup and photoshop…

spend your money elsewhere

Rant over 😂

Reactions: 11
I think in olivias case the fast fashion/ sustainable vegan thing isn’t that severe. Although I understand why people have a problem with her flaunting she is so ethical and cares about animals yet ENDORSES and puts her face on what is essentially a fast fashion brand. Anyone else think motel rocks is extremely overpriced and only for skinny boobless people?

molly Hague and her being paid millions over the years from Pretty little thing to flaunt new range rovers, Louis Vuitton and endless designer ?!

it’s disgusting and everything that’s wrong with the whole system. Where do the clothes get made, where are the materials from? How much are the workers paid? Is there child labour/people In poverty sewing the clothes? YES.

Are young impressionable people paying for example £18 for a poor quality polyester dress, where the majority of profit goes to people at the top like Umar and Molly to add fo their sickening wealth? YES.

mollys popularity and acceptance of fast fashion as a culture / trend is sickening. It’s everywhere. Let’s be real the actual clothes are tit too, they don’t last. Of course it will look good in a posed, edited photo of a skinny model with fake tits, filler Botox, makeup and photoshop…

spend your money elsewhere

Rant over 😂
Fast fashion is abhorrent, right down to the factory workers making cheap crappy clothes for hardly any money.

Also using makeups and cosmetics from unethical companies that test on animals. You can’t say you’re vegan for the animals if you allow that rule to slide when it comes to vanity. I’m not vegan for health reasons however every cosmetic and bit of makeup I own is natural or from an ethical leaping bunny certified company. I don’t want animals to suffer for my vanity.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
to be fair both olivia and flossie sell quite regularly on their depops so the clothes are going somewhere other than the landfill, but flossie definitely buys an excessive amount even in comparison to olivia

to be fair both olivia and flossie sell quite regularly on their depops so the clothes are going somewhere other than the landfill, but flossie definitely buys an excessive amount even in comparison to olivia
I don't think selling on depop makes much difference lol if its from a fast fashion brand the clothes will end up in the landfill pretty quickly because of how fast the trends change
also, are they charging for the clothes on depop?? They probably get sent the majority of them for free 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I don't think selling on depop makes much difference lol if its from a fast fashion brand the clothes will end up in the landfill pretty quickly because of how fast the trends change
also, are they charging for the clothes on depop?? They probably get sent the majority of them for free 😕
yeah tbh i don’t think selling on depop justifies their excessive buying at all, they only manage to sell all their stuff because their fans buy it impulsively! anyone who sells on there can know it takes weeks to get something sold sometimes but they sell everything in minutes 😩 so imagine when the trends die out what will happen to the sold clothing then…you gotta think long term is this gonna be thrown out again eventually by its new owner? probably :/ it’s not just a matter of buying and if you sell it on its all good you really have to think about the life cycle of a product and whether it’s gonna end up in landfill at the end of the day

just something to be mindful of :) obviously no one’s gonna be a perfectly sustainable eco queen but i think it’s important to think about

Reactions: 16
oh yeah of course!!! i literally buy everything from depop/vinted and avoid fast fashion personally, i dont support what they're doing whatsoever. just wanted to throw out there that in my opinion they're not as bad as the likes of other youtubers like georgia may, emily philpott, lovevie etc

Reactions: 4
Also does it not have a higher carbon footprint then if its shipped twice? Once to the original customer and then again to whoever is buying it on depop 😐 so probably ends up worse for the environment lol
they'll probably continue to promote fast fashion brands though because I can't see them ever getting a Louis Vuitton sponsor and they're just in it for the money

Reactions: 10
she deffo looks like she’s on something at the end of her “get ready and come out with me” vlog, the lip smacking and licking and eyes rolling into back of the head before blinking look all too familiar..

Reactions: 6
Olivia hasn’t sold anything on Depop since March and I can’t seem to find Flossie’s account? 🤔 wouldn’t say it justifies their attitude at all

Reactions: 4
I saw Flossie on Oxford street earlier! she was wearing a green co ord and her massive crocs lol. I actually noticed it was from her from her mad nails. She’s v pretty in real life and super slim. Saw her later in selfridges she was browsing designer bags

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.