Flossie Clegg #3 Copycat personality and lost touch with reality

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i’m reaaaaaally reaching here but during my first year of uni i went through a stage of doing mdma (molly) very very frequently and during that time i started getting sleep paralysis really severely and it took me a while to link the two things but after suffering with it for a long time and researching i realised sleep paralysis is extremely common when using drugs because it’s caused by something to do with your serotonin being messed up and as soon as a i stopped i haven’t had it since, again i know im reaching massively here i just find it coincidental that there’s been a few of us on here suggesting drug use, there’s one of her old vlogs where she’s obviously pinging and she seems to have adopted this new chaotic party girl image it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the reason she’s suffering with it now, it’s also pretty much fact millie t does it and flossie’s started hanging out with her more recently

Reactions: 55
she literally seems high all the time?! on her lives, ig stories, other peoples videos. we know she vapes but i reckon she’s vaping thc or just smokes weed, maybe pills? my bets are on thc

Reactions: 21
i’m reaaaaaally reaching here but during my first year of uni i went through a stage of doing mdma (molly) very very frequently and during that time i started getting sleep paralysis really severely and it took me a while to link the two things but after suffering with it for a long time and researching i realised sleep paralysis is extremely common when using drugs because it’s caused by something to do with your serotonin being messed up and as soon as a i stopped i haven’t had it since, again i know im reaching massively here i just find it coincidental that there’s been a few of us on here suggesting drug use, there’s one of her old vlogs where she’s obviously pinging and she seems to have adopted this new chaotic party girl image it wouldn’t surprise me if that was the reason she’s suffering with it now, it’s also pretty much fact millie t does it and flossie’s started hanging out with her more recently
I don't think it's that far of a reach. I went through this as well (I say went through it - it was self inflicted obviously lol). You can get it from excessive and frequent drinking as well but drug use definitely heightens it

Reactions: 25
Just to counter this, I had sleep paralysis BAD, to the point that I was actually part of a university study about it a few years ago.

I was 17/18, in the middle of exams and my parents divorcing. I didn't drink or do any drugs and it was the worst thing ever. I'd get it a few times a night a couple of times a week.

When finished my exams, started college, had some freedom from parent situation, it went away completely. And funny enough, I was smoking weed and taking MDMA on the regular.

So sleep paralysis isn't always triggered by drugs, but more often than not it is caused by severe stress.

Attachments

Reactions: 15
Just to counter this, I had sleep paralysis BAD, to the point that I was actually part of a university study about it a few years ago.

I was 17/18, in the middle of exams and my parents divorcing. I didn't drink or do any drugs and it was the worst thing ever. I'd get it a few times a night a couple of times a week.

When finished my exams, started college, had some freedom from parent situation, it went away completely. And funny enough, I was smoking weed and taking MDMA on the regular.

So sleep paralysis isn't always triggered by drugs, but more often than not it is caused by severe stress.
yes of course!! obviously not everyone who gets sleep paralysis gets it as a result of taking drugs but i just think it’s coincidental that as flossie starts to give off the impression she does then she mentions she’s started experiencing it, your experience with it sounds awful i’m glad it’s stopped for you, i used to get it every single time i’d sleep it was really severe, it’s so scary!!

Reactions: 9

Just to add onto all of this but the relation of serotonin to sleep paralysis is something actively being studied atm! MDMA makes your brain release heaps of serotonin and dopamine and that's why the come down is so bad and leads people to getting depressed as their brain is craving serotonin and the brain has released so much, it has difficulty making more at that time.
Also, being super stressed and everything can cause depression and I can totally see Flossie as struggling with that tbh over the last year and we all know the relationship between a lack of serotonin and depression. I can see Flossie possibly trying to self medicate with drugs and drinking to try and alleviate this.
Anyway, to lead back to sleep paralysis, serotonin is an important chemical in sleep as it helps arouse (not like sexually, as in wake up) you and so if you aren't producing enough, it can cause problems with waking up fully and that's what happens with sleep paralysis. Apparently one way to manage sleep paralysis is to take SSRIs which are a type of antidepressant that helps your brain absorb serotonin better.
So basically all I'm saying is that it could all be related.

(take everything with a grain of salt here, I am not an expert, just someone who has done a few uni psychology subjects and has had long term issues with sleep and depression)

Reactions: 11

I was about to say the same thing! I had really bad sleep paralysis during my first few weeks at uni - i didn’t do any drugs but my mental health was so tit as i found the initial change hard. I was so stressed which is what triggered the sleep paralysis. I reckon it’s more likely she’s super stressed at the moment!

Reactions: 5
Literally same !! Had the exact experience when I did it a few times, first thing that came to my head when I heard her talking about it

Reactions: 1
Literally same !! Had the exact experience when I did it a few times, first thing that came to my head when I heard her talking about it
so glad i’m not the only one!! at the time i had no idea it was related so i was talking to my family constantly about how awful it was and then i realised because my friend who’d been doing it with me was having the exact same thing and regretted telling my family in case they clocked on, i think bc what flossies describing and how chAoTiC she’s trying to make herself appear it was definitely the first thing that came to my mind when she mentioned sleep paralysis

Reactions: 4
Well maybe she should see a doctor instead of asking for help via Instagram?

Reactions: 13
She’s desperate to be a gyal from ends but she’s actually the girl from the cotswolds.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
She's on live just now, she seems fine maybe wee but tipsy or something

Lol she just said, everyone thinks im drunk on these live I'm not going to be drunk myself

omg wtf is wrong with her lol getting the days wrong, the accent change LMFAO

her pupils seem normal but she's deffo on something/drunk

Reactions: 1
I watched a bit but had to click off. all she was doing was answering Lewis and Olivias ReAllY funNy and QuIrKy questions like do you like banana bread or do you prefer the sea or sand. BORING

• Haha
Reactions: 11
the way she kept fake laughing at lewys and olivia's questions like throwing her head back and laughing is so embarrassing you just know olivia and lewys are texting eachother rn slagging her off LMAO

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.