Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have we had The Faders yet? I was OBSESSED with No Sleep Tonight and was gutted when they just sort of fizzled out. I think the one with the red hair had a famous dad so there as a bit of wink wink that’s how she got the record deal about it all but I like their (two) main songs 😂

Reactions: 6
Have we had The Faders yet? I was OBSESSED with No Sleep Tonight and was gutted when they just sort of fizzled out. I think the one with the red hair had a famous dad so there as a bit of wink wink that’s how she got the record deal about it all but I like their (two) main songs 😂
I was literally just typing about them when your post popped up. It seems they are so forgotten that the music video of their debut single "No Sleep Tonight" isn't even on Youtube. The best you can find is a low res upload of the unreleased US version which was on The Veronica Mars soundtrack. The lead singer was Midge Ure's (Ultavox) daughter.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
I remember Midge Ure (popstar from the 80s, was in a band called Ultravox and co-organised Band Aid & Live Aid as well as co-wrote Do They Know It’s Christmas) had a daughter who was in a short lived pop rock band

Was he the famous father?

This was on the radio all the time in the mid 90s , and it didn't even make the top 40 in the UK, although Wikipedia tells me it was successful in the US and Australia.

That song always reminded me of Jet ' are you gonna be my girl' . It was like a teeny girl version

I remember Midge Ure (popstar from the 80s, was in a band called Ultravox and co-organised Band Aid & Live Aid as well as co-wrote Do They Know It’s Christmas) had a daughter who was in a short lived pop rock band

Was he the famous father?
Oooh yes I think so!

I don’t think there was a bigger flop than Lisa Scott Lee she did give us the absolute tv gold that was totally Scott Lee though
She is good fun on the Extras Christmas Special where she, and Chico, plus others are in the 'Big Brother Celebrities' with Ricky Gervais's character as another flop. Occasionally that's on iPlayer to watch but not now and I can't find any clips.
This thread is so funny though, I'm just reading out band/singer names and my husband immediately sings something of theirs😄

Reactions: 7
She is good fun on the Extras Christmas Special where she, and Chico, plus others are in the 'Big Brother Celebrities' with Ricky Gervais's character as another flop. Occasionally that's on iPlayer to watch but not now and I can't find any clips.
This thread is so funny though, I'm just reading out band/singer names and my husband immediately sings something of theirs😄
Ahhhh I need to see this!

Anyone remember the same tune being a hit twice over...

Firstly a bloke called Eamon with a song called - duck it

Then a girl called Frankie did a song to the same tune but with different lyrics called - duck You right back

Cba to read the whole thread so sorry if it's already been covered.
God yeah peak 2004 cringe 🤣
It came out that the whole thing was a PR stunt. She was a session singer who was given the song by the record company, I don't think she even met Eamon!

Who remembers Bad Day by Daniel Powter?

Actually liked the song, but God they hammered the video with the girl and boy drawing a picture on the subway billboard 🤣

Anyone remember Lisa Roxanne, No Flow from 2001-ish? I remember her being on CD:UK promoting it but it didn't do well.

The title always made me think of periods actually :) :sick:

• Haha
Point break a boyband. 3 lads 1 was on Byker!
My town I only know this cos Danny from the script was it. I had a cd I got in the Bargain bin in Woolies lol
North and south
Ultra they were really good
Bbmak

Reactions: 4
I always thought of Damage as a flop boy band as I didn't remember them being popular when I was at school, having any big hits or generally entering the public consciousness. They were in Smash Hits a good bit but weren't one of the top tier boy band acts in terms of exposure.

However just looking at their discography they had 4 top 10s so not sure they were a complete flop like others mentioned in the thread. Anyone got any opinions on this band?

Point break a boyband. 3 lads 1 was on Byker!
My town I only know this cos Danny from the script was it. I had a cd I got in the Bargain bin in Woolies lol
North and south
Ultra they were really good
Bbmak
Point Break - I remember Stand Tough, they didn't last long.

I liked BBMak "Back Here", I can't remember the follow up singles

Another one that flopped in 97 - Catch, "Bingo"

EDIT: oh my, just googled Catch and the lead singer died a few weeks ago at age 42o_O

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I always thought of Damage as a flop boy band as I didn't remember them being popular when I was at school, having any big hits or generally entering the public consciousness. They were in Smash Hits a good bit but weren't one of the top tier boy band acts in terms of exposure.

However just looking at their discography they had 4 top 10s so not sure they were a complete flop like others mentioned in the thread. Anyone got any opinions on this band?

I loved bbmak I had their album n still listen now!
point break were actually good

Reactions: 3

EDIT: oh my, just googled Catch and the lead singer died a few weeks ago at age 42o_O

No way??? I loved Catch. The b side was Boys Will Be Boys and that was a tune too. That’s sad.

OMG Catch! Did you know the video to Bingo was actually playing on ITV when they broke into programming to announce Princess Diana had been in a car crash? Pointless trivia right there 😂

• Wow
Reactions: 5