Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Does anyone remember Leilani? She had a song about sucking on curly wurlies and it STILL gets stuck in my head if I see any in a shop šŸ˜‚ I remember when her song came out people kept mixing her up with the page 3 girl of the same name.

Reactions: 2
Can't believe I've only just seen this thread. I need to catch up. Anyone remember Fast Forward magazine really pushing Worlds Apart? Lolly was another one who was in it every week. And Jimmy Ray.
Lolly was awful, really childish and talentless.

I liked Are You Jimmy Ray, a really fun song! He was a sort of Elvis pastiche.

Does anyone remember Leilani? She had a song about sucking on curly wurlies and it STILL gets stuck in my head if I see any in a shop šŸ˜‚ I remember when her song came out people kept mixing her up with the page 3 girl of the same name.
Yes - " touch me touch me with your madness thing" "don't you hate it when your boobies are too small" were more of her amazing lyrics :)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Hepburn and their main hit "I Quit". Trying to jump on the Natalie Imbruglia soft-indie pop train.

CJ Lewis - Sweets for my sweet, sugar for my honey

Sean Maguire off Grange Hill and Eastenders had a few forgettable hits.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I have a video of a load of totp episodes i taped in 94/95, its amzing, a lot of bands mentioned are on it. Let Loose also had a song called Seventeen, the drummer was fit!
Yes, drummer had gorgeous blue eyes and did this twirly thing with his drumstick in the Crazy for You video that got me all of a fluster :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Sophie b Hawkins ā€œdamn I wish I was your loverā€ and the banned lesbian video
Oh I loved her song Right Beside You so much. It instantly transports me back to school in the 90s. Another one that does that is 74/75 by the Connells.

A few dance ones I remember:

Capella had several hits
Strike - U Sure Do
Baby D
Stonebridge - Put Em High

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I know itā€™s been brought up a million times on Tattle in various threads, but what on earth happened to Alex Parks?

Anyone remember Hinda Hicks? She was a beautiful British North African girl with some decent rā€™nā€™b tunes, she could sing, Iā€™m not sure why it sadly didnā€™t work out for her.

Reactions: 3
Sophie b Hawkins ā€œdamn I wish I was your loverā€ and the banned lesbian video
She had another two hits called 'Right Beside you' and 'As I lay me down'. DIWIWYL was a fantastic song

Two songs I remember being out at the same time were:

Cotton Eye Joe by the Rednex
Swamp Thing by The Grid

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
Haven't read through all the pages yet so they might have been mentioned already but... London boys? Anybody remember them?
Yes Requiem was one of my favourite songs as a kid! They had a very sad end unfortunately.

Yes, drummer had gorgeous blue eyes and did this twirly thing with his drumstick in the Crazy for You video that got me all of a fluster :LOL:
YES!!! Haha on the totp video he winks at the camera and I about died when I first saw it back then šŸ˜‚

You remember those little karaoke sessions youā€™d have with your mates? This song

and Beverly Craven: Promise Me were often butchered by me šŸ˜‚

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Donā€™t know if theyā€™ve been mentioned
Zoe-sunshine on a rainy day
The Tamparer & maya?-Feel it
They Might Be Giants-birdhouse something
All good tunes. Where did they go?

Reactions: 7
Donā€™t know if theyā€™ve been mentioned
Zoe-sunshine on a rainy day
The Tamparer & maya?-Feel it
They Might Be Giants-birdhouse something
All good tunes. Where did they go?
tamperer feat maya ā€œwhatā€™s she gonna look like with a chimney on her!ā€ That was them too I think
sweet like chocolate was another banger
i touch myself the divinyls
where have all the cowboys gone canā€™t remember who sang that

Reactions: 5
tamperer feat maya ā€œwhatā€™s she gonna look like with a chimney on her!ā€ That was them too I think
sweet like chocolate was another banger
i touch myself the divinyls
where have all the cowboys gone canā€™t remember who sang that
Thatā€™s the same song already mentioned. Itā€™s called Feel It

Everyone thought this was Alanis Morissette at first but when they found out it wasn't I don't think there was much interest after that

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Since I found this thread I've been trying to think of this singer I used to love in the late 90s, think he only had a few songs and wasn't very big. Was certain he was called Justin but when I looked through a list of every singer ever beginning with J he wasn't on it. Joe McElderry and Jake Quickenden were on it so I'm beginning to think he might not be called Justin šŸ˜‚
From what I remember he was mixed race and young, maybe 15-18. Can't even remember how the song went, it's really bugging me now!

Reactions: 1
Since I found this thread I've been trying to think of this singer I used to love in the late 90s, think he only had a few songs and wasn't very big. Was certain he was called Justin but when I looked through a list of every singer ever beginning with J he wasn't on it. Joe McElderry and Jake Quickenden were on it so I'm beginning to think he might not be called Justin šŸ˜‚
From what I remember he was mixed race and young, maybe 15-18. Can't even remember how the song went, it's really bugging me now!
justin Scott from triple 8? Or Lamar

justin Scott from triple 8? Or Lamar
Neither of those unfortunately, definitely a solo singer. Had this feeling he was Scottish but might be mixing him up with someone else.
I still had his single until 3 years ago, sure the cover was yellow and black. Really helpful information lol

Neither of those unfortunately, definitely a solo singer. Had this feeling he was Scottish but might be mixing him up with someone else.
I still had his single until 3 years ago, sure the cover was yellow and black. Really helpful information lol
jaheim? God Iā€™m really taking long shots now one of his songs was just in case which may be where Justin got in your head?

Reactions: 1