Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who did that song in about 2003 that went, 'you bring light in. You bring light in' and in the middle it has that young women talking and at one point she says 'it was just silly crap'? I think they were just one-hit wonders, weren't they?
Thank you for reminding me of this wonderful song. I’ve been listening to Underworld all evening since.

That were me!!!! Into the Blue is one of my absolute favourite songs, I have no idea why they were not massive.

Another band I liked was The Music but again they didn't really get anywhere, it was something to do with their name (e.g if you typed The Music in t'internet, you got a million results for anything and everything to do with music - except for the actual band

Anyway - Soup Dragons 'I'm Free'

4 Non Blondes

Soho - Hippy Chick

China Black - Searching

Those two Russian girls pretending to be lesbians

Mr Blobby
The Music were great. I think the lifestyle took its toll on the lead singer as well so I think that affected them as a band also.

Reactions: 2
She did a song called Mr Friday night (I think), there used to be a club remix back in the day

Ok so who should we posting on here? I'm getting mixed up I think. Does one hit wonder count as a flop? Or just complete non starters
Not sure haha but I haven’t even heard of a lot of these whereas most people know who sung one hit wonders. Great thread though, some songs I’d completely forgotten.

I remember this from school discos from Abs when he decided to go solo
this was absolute peak Abs 😍 I think he released one more single after this (7 Ways) and then was dropped by Cowell.

another underrated album

Reactions: 7

I love this one hit wonder from 2006, it plays in my head every time my boss mentions returning to the office lmao

You'll never see me againnnnnnnnnn :LOL:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 18
Have to say, after this thread, my "forgotten songs" playlist has expanded hugely, and after a few gins I am enjoying listening to it probably more than I should be!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Bloody loved this song, but can’t recall any other hits.

And on a Scarlet theme.

Although I think this might be the 80s....

• Heart
Reactions: 11
OK if we're going with one hit wonders too....

Sixpence none the richer : Kiss me
Crash Test Dummies: mmmmmm
Natalie Imbruglia: Torn
Craig Maclachlan: Mona
Lumidee: Never leave you
Junior Senior: Don't stop
Alpha Beat: Fascination

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Nor were the Crash Test Dummies, whose lead singer's vocal style I suspect George Ezra might have liked.

Reactions: 1
I take it back about Natalie Imbruglia, I found this and do remember this one :

Nor were the Crash Test Dummies, whose lead singer's vocal style I suspect George Ezra might have liked.
For me they are because I cannot remember anything else they did. Not saying they didn't, but I can't recall anything except that annoying mmm song

Reactions: 3
The Crash Test Dummies had one follow-up to Mmm-mmm-mmm that I remember. I can't recall its title, but the first line was 'what is it that makes me just a little bit queasy?' and there was a recurring phrase 'measured out with coffee spoons' which was a reference to a poem by T.S. Eliot.

• Wow
Reactions: 2
What else did they do?

Ok just searched Craig and he had some other songs in 1990 but I've never heard them /can recall them
As well as those follow ups Craig also had a top 20 hit in 1993 with Debbie Gibson with a cover of You’re The One That I Want when they were both starring in the West End version of Grease

I love this one hit wonder from 2006, it plays in my head every time my boss mentions returning to the office lmao

You'll never see me againnnnnnnnnn :LOL:
As we all know, Ed Sheeran’s ‘Bad Habits’ is a total rip off of this (amazing) song.

Reactions: 5