Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In the late 90’s and early 00 The Box and MTV Hits used to play lots of stuff that would barely scrape the top 40, if that. Just off the top of my head there this gem from a Ricky Martin impersonator

This one from Apryl May (great name, not)

There was also a song called ’Cinderalla’s Playing out’ or something like that. I can’t find any trace of that anywhere though

Reactions: 1
Haven't read through all the pages yet so they might have been mentioned already but... London boys? Anybody remember them?

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Totally forgot about Michelle Gayle, remember when martine mccutcheon
I loved this song

Ellie Campbell, flop female pop act from the late 90s

That was it, Ellie Campbell! Glad im not the only one who remembers her.

what about this one

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I met A1 and boy a signed cd when I worked at the virgin megas and they came and did a signing 😂😂
I also loved Oui 3 who did “break from the old routine”. Anyone remember them?

Reactions: 7
I don’t think there was a bigger flop than Lisa Scott Lee she did give us the absolute tv gold that was totally Scott Lee though

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Haven't read through all the pages yet so they might have been mentioned already but... London boys? Anybody remember them?
Yes, they had some great pop hits but it's a very sad ending if you google them.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
The Music were great. I think the lifestyle took its toll on the lead singer as well so I think that affected them as a band also.
Robert Harvey, the singer, recently toured with Kasabian, on guitar and backing vocals. He’s got such a great voice.

Here’s a trashy mid 90s euro dance flop that I still love.

Can't believe I've only just seen this thread. I need to catch up. Anyone remember Fast Forward magazine really pushing Worlds Apart? Lolly was another one who was in it every week. And Jimmy Ray.

Reactions: 6
What about Clea? They were the girls from Popstars The Rivals who didn’t get into Girls Aloud They had a song called ‘Download It’.

My brain always decides to put this in my head whenever I'm downloading something 😂

What about Milan, the band that featured Martine McCutcheon? They had one song I remember, called "Lead Me On".

Curve were once the darlings of the NME Indie press. They had some minor success but that’s it. They were always a bit too alternative to be regarded as pop.

Toni Halliday the singer was Elite Hot though.
I loved their song "Fait Accompli". Like Garbage before Garbage even existed. It was on a compilation album I had, called "True Brit".

Loved London Boys, they had a few hits I think (Requiem is my favourite). So tragic
I always used to get London Boys and London Beat mixed up. London Beat had a good song called "I've Been Thinking About You".

Anyone remember EYC ‘express yourself clearly’?! I’ve just watched this video of them, hilarious! I remember my friend joined the fan club and got her name printed in the album sleeve notes (it really was a friend not me I swear 🤪)

They had that cringe little catchphrase: EYC-ya! :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 3
Can't believe I've only just seen this thread. I need to catch up. Anyone remember Fast Forward magazine really pushing Worlds Apart? Lolly was another one who was in it every week. And Jimmy Ray.
‘Are you Jimmy Ray? Who wants to know? Are you Jimmy Ray? Who wants to know who wants to know about me’ hahha can’t believe I still remember that. Was so catchy though 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9