Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Girls@Play, they had a cover of Mel and Kim "Respectable". Rita Simons was in them

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Mark from A1 was my first celeb crush 🙈

Does anyone remember Frank? They had a show on T4 called Totally Frank.

And the A*teens:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A few duff bands I remember were :

Deuce (one of which was Ant Mcpartlins ex Lisa Armstrong).

Faith, Hope and Charity (I think Dani Behr was one third)

Shampoo uh oh we're in trouble (trouble) yeh yeh

Reactions: 14
Isn't one of them Darren from Hollyoaks?
Yup 🤣

Loved a1 and went to many a roadshow stalking them 🤣🤣

Still follow them all on Instagram, Ben's missus has just had a baby and they live in Norway, Paul lives in the North East with his wife and kids (his dad used to run a pub in Whitby, and Paul dj'ed there), Christian is doing loads of solo stuff and Mark is still single and in panto (I'm convinced he's gay... and nothing wrong with that!).

Saw Mark in a touring musical a couple of years ago - A Spoonful of Sugar (about the Sherman Bros). It was actually very good and I did indeed fangirl when I met him at the stagedoor, despite being in my 30s 😅🙈😔🤣

In terms of 90s bands - does anyone remember OTT, Mero and the girl band Solid Harmonie?

Reactions: 6
Anyone remember Journey South. They finished third or fourth in an early series of Pop Idol / X Factor.

There was a time when Fuzzbox seemed to be constantly on TV. Certainly well out of proportion to any commercial success they ever had.

Reactions: 11
Yup 🤣

Loved a1 and went to many a roadshow stalking them 🤣🤣

Still follow them all on Instagram, Ben's missus has just had a baby and they live in Norway, Paul lives in the North East with his wife and kids (his dad used to run a pub in Whitby, and Paul dj'ed there), Christian is doing loads of solo stuff and Mark is still single and in panto (I'm convinced he's gay... and nothing wrong with that!).

Saw Mark in a touring musical a couple of years ago - A Spoonful of Sugar (about the Sherman Bros). It was actually very good and I did indeed fangirl when I met him at the stagedoor, despite being in my 30s 😅🙈😔🤣

In terms of 90s bands - does anyone remember OTT, Mero and the girl band Solid Harmonie?
Great update re A1, they were on The Big Reunion series 2 and Paul refused to join the reunion, it seemed like he had fallen out with all the others. I vaguely remember them saying Paul hadn't enjoyed A1 starting to put out more mature songs like Caught in the Middle.

I remember Solid Harmonie "I want you to want me" and another song what went "boom boom, every little beat of my heart" (or was that N Tyce? Confused now. Mariama from SH joined Honeyz.

OTT were awful, poor man's Boyzone mainly doing naff covers and wearing the baggy shirts and floppy haircuts popular at the time. I remember Let Me In, Story of Love, All Out Of Love. One of them was a contestant on the Voice of Ireland a few years ago and later was in the papers for groping someone at a work Christmas party o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
There was a time when Fuzzbox seemed to be constantly on TV. Certainly well out of proportion to any commercial success they ever had.
Fuzzbox went mainstream, glammed up which was their mistake, still got the Radio Fuzzbox tape.

These photo's were taken with a Kodak Disc Camera, this is why the quality is naff.

Fuzzbox07.jpg
Fuzzbox11.jpg

Reactions: 8
Worlds apart. Naff boy band. Mid 90’s. I think I had a teenage crush on one of them. 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Curve were once the darlings of the NME Indie press. They had some minor success but that’s it. They were always a bit too alternative to be regarded as pop.

Toni Halliday the singer was Elite Hot though.

Reactions: 12