Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Certainly is!

I also love How Bizarre by OMC too!
And I said, what about, Breakfast at Tiffany’s?

Another 00s act I felt you heard ALL the time, who then disappeared, would be Goldfrapp. Mid noughts they were absolutely everywhere, and although they did a bunch of albums, I feel you never really hear about them anymore. Oh La La still gets used on a lot of TV ads though!

Reactions: 12
And I said, what about, Breakfast at Tiffany’s?

Another 00s act I felt you heard ALL the time, who then disappeared, would be Goldfrapp. Mid noughts they were absolutely everywhere, and although they did a bunch of albums, I feel you never really hear about them anymore. Oh La La still gets used on a lot of TV ads though!
I think Alison Goldfrapp was one of those very fashionable women of the mid-Noughties who went in too deep with the drugs and partying and burned out.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I recently found out that the song “You’re Gorgeous” is about the sex industry. I never really paid attention to the lyrics lol

Reactions: 9
I recently found out that the song “You’re Gorgeous” is about the sex industry. I never really paid attention to the lyrics lol
When ever I hear this song I think of this version.
Grew up listening to mark n lard and the shire horses

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Just come across this thread, I’ve been looking for a song for ages that me and my friend used to listen to, it was definitely by a ‘flop’ girlband but I can’t remember their name, I can hear one part of the song but it’s literally an ad-lib that goes really high pitched but has no words 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ I remember the video being set in some sort of castle or old house and I’m not sure if they had some sort of super powers or I’m just making that bit up, I just remember the video being quite visually dark. Does ANYONE have any idea what I might be going on about as it’s driving me mad!

Reactions: 1
Just come across this thread, I’ve been looking for a song for ages that me and my friend used to listen to, it was definitely by a ‘flop’ girlband but I can’t remember their name, I can hear one part of the song but it’s literally an ad-lib that goes really high pitched but has no words 😂🤦🏼‍♀️ I remember the video being set in some sort of castle or old house and I’m not sure if they had some sort of super powers or I’m just making that bit up, I just remember the video being quite visually dark. Does ANYONE have any idea what I might be going on about as it’s driving me mad!
It’s not Stay by Shakespeare Sister is it? It has that kind of squeal in the middle

Any other clues because that's not a lot to go on 😂. I fear I'm about to disappear down a Google hole.

It’s not Stay by Shakespeare Sister is it? It has that kind of squeal in the middle
Omg good call! I didn't even think of that and I know it well. It does definitely have a squeal in!

I'm invested now so I'll be checking back 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Any other clues because that's not a lot to go on 😂. I fear I'm about to disappear down a Google hole.
I wish there was 😭 it honestly drives me mad that I can’t remember anything about the song, it’s definitely not a popular song but by a girl band who tried to make it and didn’t, I feel like it was around the 3LW era. I’m pretty sure it was just a 3 piece girl band but it’s so frustrating, I can see the video they are in different rooms of a old house/castle type building and then all come together in part of it. Unless I have just totally dreamt this up 😂 I’ve tried searching everything and just can’t find it 😩

I am determined to work out what this is now

Reactions: 2
I wish there was 😭 it honestly drives me mad that I can’t remember anything about the song, it’s definitely not a popular song but by a girl band who tried to make it and didn’t, I feel like it was around the 3LW era. I’m pretty sure it was just a 3 piece girl band but it’s so frustrating, I can see the video they are in different rooms of a old house/castle type building and then all come together in part of it. Unless I have just totally dreamt this up 😂 I’ve tried searching everything and just can’t find it 😩
This by any chance?
I’ll pull up every girl band video on YouTube I’m determined to find this song 😂.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I haven't found it but I though this would give you a laugh. With the words I put in, Google gifted me The Wamdue Project, King of My Castle 👌🤦‍♀️.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I don’t suppose you can remember if they were a British or American band at all?
Wracking my brain thinking of the girl bands that had some sort of ad lib.

None of the above so far! I feel like it’s looking for a needle in a haystack 🤦🏼‍♀️, the song is probably awful but I just hear that one part in my head all the time and it drives me crazy that I can’t remember any of the rest of it haha! I want to say they were British! I wish I could remember more of it 😫