Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We had a boyband called Before4 come to our school. I think they spelled it B4-4 or something like that and it was a promo tour in Germany, conveniently brought to their target audience of preteen girls. I think I was thirteen. Some camera team! was there to film the whole thing, trying to give it more credibility I guess. You can't take that seriously, especially not if they sing playback and dance those awkward as duck boyband moves with hip thrusts and doing that "point your arm in rhythm four times" thing :sick:
They wore pretty ridiculous clothing... I think they were going for a surfer dude look, but it kinda failed, they were looking more like they tried to take stage with these terrible German "magicians" Ehrlich brothers (Don't look them up)

Those kids here ( their tanning job is terrible as well....)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
We had a boyband called Before4 come to our school. I think they spelled it B4-4 or something like that and it was a promo tour in Germany, conveniently brought to their target audience of preteen girls. I think I was thirteen. Some camera team! was there to film the whole thing, trying to give it more credibility I guess. You can't take that seriously, especially not if they sing playback and dance those awkward as duck boyband moves with hip thrusts and doing that "point your arm in rhythm four times" thing :sick:
They wore pretty ridiculous clothing... I think they were going for a surfer dude look, but it kinda failed, they were looking more like they tried to take stage with these terrible German "magicians" Ehrlich brothers (Don't look them up)

Those kids here ( their tanning job is terrible as well....)

We had a band called Passion Star come to our school - - they weren't great but a close friend became obsessed with them 🙄 This must have been about 1999, as we left secondary in 2000.

Reactions: 2
🎶🎶 What the hell am I doing drinking in LA at 26? 🎶🎶 CHOOOOON

Does anyone remember Jentina “Bad Ass Strippa” and then Lady Sovereign who hated her for some reason did a parody called “Sad Arse Stripper” 😂

Whigfield was another one hit wonder with Saturday Night although I got the follow up single and loved it even though it sounded exactly the same song

I don’t know if Macarena counts because they kept rereleasing it! In the end it had about three different versions with different music videos (and two dances) and then a Christmas version!

Does anyone remember Alexia “ooh la la la”? There was a laid back and a dance version.

Does anyone remember Marvin and Tamara “G to the R Double O V E”!!

• Heart
Reactions: 6

Not sure if a true flop pop, but this!!! Loved it in my 16 year old clubbing days, although the "climax" gave me the fear trying to dance and still look cool 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
this was absolute peak Abs 😍 I think he released one more single after this (7 Ways) and then was dropped by Cowell.

another underrated album
Just discovered this thread, it's the best thing ever!!! After the big reunion, I listened to his album again and there are so many good songs on it. From what he said it wasn't the style he wanted to do but as a pop fan its a belter of a pop album!

Just discovered this thread, it's the best thing ever!!! After the big reunion, I listened to his album again and there are so many good songs on it. From what he said it wasn't the style he wanted to do but as a pop fan its a belter of a pop album!
Such a good album, he looked incredible aswell 😍

Reactions: 1
Me too! It was a great weekend. I was in the front row in the mosh pit for the Super Furry Animals.

Anyone remember Kele Le Roc??

Not sure if this is mentioned later on in the thread as only just catching up but Kele does loads of gigs still, sometimes 3/4 over a weekend. Sooo talented x

• Heart
YES, I loved their album (and autobiography).

EDIT: I know there have been discussions previously in numerous threads, but is there a celebrity autobiography / showbiz book thread? If not, happy to start one!
Do you listen to Celebrity Memoir Bookclub?

We had a girl at our school who’d moved over from Florida and she said BB Mak were huge over there! Back Here was a tune to be fair.
Yeah BBMak were actually bigger in the US than the UK. I remember back then it was a big deal to for British acts to break America as people like Robbie Williams, Craig David and Westlife had repeatedly failed but no one noticed BBMak managed to do it. They were nowhere near the level of Backstreet Boys or Nsync though and didn't survive the end of the boyband craze.

🎶🎶 What the hell am I doing drinking in LA at 26? 🎶🎶 CHOOOOON

Does anyone remember Jentina “Bad Ass Strippa” and then Lady Sovereign who hated her for some reason did a parody called “Sad Arse Stripper” 😂

Whigfield was another one hit wonder with Saturday Night although I got the follow up single and loved it even though it sounded exactly the same song

I don’t know if Macarena counts because they kept rereleasing it! In the end it had about three different versions with different music videos (and two dances) and then a Christmas version!

Does anyone remember Alexia “ooh la la la”? There was a laid back and a dance version.

Does anyone remember Marvin and Tamara “G to the R Double O V E”!!
for ages now I’ve had a TOTP performance in my head with a young boy and a girl, couldnt even tell you the song or anything but just googled marvin and Tamara , must be them! it had been driving me mad lol 😂

Don’t think 3 of a kind had anymore hits

I saw these at our local nightclub! I remember being quite excited as they'd been on the telly but when we walked in there were about 12 people in there just standing around and these were bopping about on the stage. It was so awkward!

😱 Never heard this before 😆 I met her once when I worked at a health spa when I was a teen. Everyone was having breakfast and she sat outside - just her and her bodyguard (!?) And I was the one to take her coffee. She didn't even look at me or say thank you 😬

This thread is bringing back so many memories ❤ pretty sure I still have all my fast forward and smash hits mags in my parents attic so going to have to dig them out and see who else I can remember!

• Haha