Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve discovered absolute radio 00s after heart 90s repeated the same 10 songs 🙈(why do radio stations do this…. All the songs in the world n it’s the same songs played)

They played hard-fi ; cash machine today! I had their album.
All global radio stations are like that, they are dire.

Reactions: 3
All global radio stations are like that, they are dire.
They suck you in! They play a song you’ve not heard in years n by the end of the week it’s been played every day about 4 times!

The first week of listening to Absolute radio 00s is great... Then you realise they play the same songs on repeat too haha! I don't know why radio stations have such limited playlists, is it a money issue? There are literally so many songs to choose from and there's only so much Keane I can take 😩😂
Oh god! Guess I’ll be Asking Alexa for a new station next week 🙈
Millions of songs in the world n it’s the same old crap ones normally mainstream radio friendly!
I’ve been watchin channel 5 80/90 songs. Theres So many great ones that never get played!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
The first week of listening to Absolute radio 00s is great... Then you realise they play the same songs on repeat too haha! I don't know why radio stations have such limited playlists, is it a money issue? There are literally so many songs to choose from and there's only so much Keane I can take 😩😂
I love Absolute 90s but it usually only takes about 15 minutes before they play the Stone bleeping Roses so I feel your pain.

Reactions: 6
I mentioned it in the Jack Monroe thread earlier, but something in that thread reminded me of this:

(Just A Ride by Jem)

And then there's also this, which I got reminded of while searching for this thread:

(Steal My Sunshine by Len - and no, the lyrics dont make any sense at all...)

Reactions: 9
I mentioned it in the Jack Monroe thread earlier, but something in that thread reminded me of this:

(Just A Ride by Jem)
Oh yeah she also did the theme for the original celeb love island (Wish I). Nice enough, but kinda bland!

Reactions: 5
This has just came on one of the music channels not quite sure if they were a flop but this and the x rated version of this song is the only one I can remember them doing.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
This has just came on one of the music channels not quite sure if they were a flop but this and the x rated version of this song is the only one I can remember them doing.
When I first found out the explicit lyrics 😳

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I remember being really young and I asked for the cassette of this song for my birthday. My mum used to hate me playing it. The only bit I sung was boom boom boom whey ooh as I was about 5 at the time 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Anyone remember My Vitriol? They were another NME darling, had massive critical acclamation, started touring with Muse, Garbage and Placebo and started breaking into the US then all the sudden stopped. For years they've promised new material, but other than a few songs here and there they've done very little 20 years on.

Also, what was the name of the girl who had a failed pop career from the get go? Her (much older) partner was minted and bought a UK tv channel which continually broadcasted her music. It was all very odd

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Anyone remember My Vitriol? They were another NME darling, had massive critical acclamation, started touring with Muse, Garbage and Placebo and started breaking into the US then all the sudden stopped. For years they've promised new material, but other than a few songs here and there they've done very little 20 years on.

Also, what was the name of the girl who had a failed pop career from the get go? Her (much older) partner was minted and bought a UK tv channel which continually broadcasted her music. It was all very odd
I do! Always Your Way was a great song! Can’t remember any others though.

Intrigued about the pop girl… that doesn’t ring a bell with me.

Reactions: 2
I do! Always Your Way was a great song! Can’t remember any others though.

Intrigued about the pop girl… that doesn’t ring a bell with me.
Me & my son used to say that song would have been a good theme tune for those American teen comedy/dramas in the 80s/90s.

We had a boy band called "spin city" come to our highschool for a show once. Never heard of them before or since 🤣

Edit.

Found them 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6