Flop pop acts from the 90s and 00s.

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Have we got all the flop acts now? Who are we missing?

Naomi Campbell had a cr@p single and album apparently in the 90s, I've never listened to it though.
I remember her singing Love And Tears on Top Of The Pops! For some reason, I’ve never forgotten this, Cyndi Lauper was on straight after Naomi, and the presenter said, ”from the sublime to the ridiculous”! 🤭
She had a ghostwritten book out around that time too.

Reactions: 1
This thread has made my night!

Does anyone remember Evan and Jaron? I still love this song!

Christmas 2002 TOTP was on iPlayer recently and had Girls Aloud/Darius/Atomic Kitten etc on it - not flops I know but i think some of you might enjoy if it's still up!

Has anyone mentioned D Side? Just seen some chat about them over on the Jodie Marsh thread 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Has anyone mentioned D Side? Just seen some chat about them over on the Jodie Marsh thread 😆
Yes. Derek Ryan from D Side is one of the top stars on the country music scene in Ireland. He would be making a good living out of it (lots of gigs, well attended), steady career.

Yes. Derek Ryan from D Side is one of the top stars on the country music scene in Ireland. He would be making a good living out of it (lots of gigs, well attended), steady career.
Apologies for labelling him a flop then (I don't remember D Side having huge UK success) the question is......did Dane ever recover from Jodie ?!? 🥴

Apologies for labelling him a flop then (I don't remember D Side having huge UK success) the question is......did Dane ever recover from Jodie ?!? 🥴
I had to google Dane and I now remember him to see, now to find out whatever happened to him...

It says he also bedded Alicia Douvall, bloody hell, hardly an achievement, she used to bed as many celebs as possible and sell kiss and tells

D Side were a huge flop in the UK, I read that Derek went back to doing small pub gigs, starting from scratch all over again... Fair play to him, I hate Irish country music but it has a big following and the top acts do well in Ireland.

Reactions: 4
I wouldn’t class them as a flop act. They had 3 number ones, one of which was one of the biggest selling singles of 1997, selling over 1 million copies in the UK with Barbie Girl. They had 2 further top ten hits and 2 further Top 30 hits

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
A few more Irish ones:

Zoo - boyband with another one of the Kaneswaren brothers

Six - created from the Irish version of Popstars tv show, only lasted 2 singles

Fifth Avenue - mixed gender group around 2002, they had a song called Spanish Eyes, I don't recall them being launched in the UK

Reactions: 2
A few more Irish ones:

Zoo - boyband with another one of the Kaneswaren brothers

Six - created from the Irish version of Popstars tv show, only lasted 2 singles

Fifth Avenue - mixed gender group around 2002, they had a song called Spanish Eyes, I don't recall them being launched in the UK
I always wonder if Six would have done better if they hadn't sent Nadine Coyle home bawling in the back of her taxi

• Haha
I always wonder if Six would have done better if they hadn't sent Nadine Coyle home bawling in the back of her taxi
She was too good for them. I vaguely remember them being launched in the UK, I'm sure they were on CD UK?

Zobbel.de is a good source if you're looking for obscure chart positions from the 90s-00s. Just checked for Six and both singles failed to reach the top 100.

Matt Willis from busted had a bit of a crap solo career. He was tipped to be the next Robbie Williams bit released an album and a few singles which weren't massively successful

Matt Willis from busted had a bit of a crap solo career. He was tipped to be the next Robbie Williams bit released an album and a few singles which weren't massively successful
I really used to love Don't Let It Go To Waste but other than that the album was a bit pants, I think he was lead by a lot of industry sharks who were more focused on making £££ than good music/getting him the help he needed.

Reactions: 1