Fleur DeForce

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eh maybe but she must have gone off that day as the whole restaurant probably heard her tirade against the server or whole staff, based on the other comment by someone unrelated weeks later. They’re all just not on twitter or gossip sites. Have seen previous comments on here confirming that she’s rude to servers etc. in other cases. If it walks like a duck y’know.

Of course maybe she’s grown since River (that was few weeks after anyways) but why would she. There’s no incentive to as people let her do whatever she wants. She doesn't treat Mike any nicer these days, still talks all over him & puts him down but gets red-eyed when he ‘ribs’ back like she does him. That’s also despite people calling her out on it for years in her videos. She’s not that nice of a person. There’s a reason why her YT friendships never last. Or even her real ones like Becky, who is a weirdo but they were allegedly fast friends. Anyway just my $.02 about Saint Fleur. Back to the rave thread.

• Angry
Reactions: 5
I agree that her vlogs are much better and as much as they want me to think she is a nicer person (in regards to the comments of now she speaks to people in restaurants/shops etc) now I just don't think so.

I think it's just that the bar has gotten so low for influencers these days and her content is currently better than most. I think the fact she does have money and seems to do YouTube as she wants a career/hobby makes a big difference as she isn't always begging and hinting for products. The rest of her content besides the vlogs is pretty stale though.

Reactions: 4
I totally forgot about that flat, wondering about that too. Did she even use it, or was it just for tax proposes:unsure:

I agree that her vlogs are much better and as much as they want me to think she is a nicer person (in regards to the comments of now she speaks to people in restaurants/shops etc) now I just don't think so.

I think it's just that the bar has gotten so low for influencers these days and her content is currently better than most. I think the fact she does have money and seems to do YouTube as she wants a career/hobby makes a big difference as she isn't always begging and hinting for products. The rest of her content besides the vlogs is pretty stale though.
This is why I won’t be the one to set up a rave thread for her 🤣😂

I’m not a fan of fleur, I doubt I will be in 6 months time,
but I am enjoying the lockdown series and I’m finding it hard to pick faults when you compare it to so many others vlogging their lockdown lives!

This is why I won’t be the one to set up a rave thread for her 🤣😂

I’m not a fan of fleur, I doubt I will be in 6 months time,
but I am enjoying the lockdown series and I’m finding it hard to pick faults when you compare it to so many others vlogging their lockdown lives!
I feel the same. Her donations to the NHS, the fact she actually gets up and washes and interacts with her child (I'm looking at you Hannah Gale), and that she doesnt beg for freebies (*cough* inthefrow/Lily pebbles) is currently making her a breath of fresh air compared to other influencers at the moment. I definitely don't think she's perfect but I am surprised I actually have some pleasant things to say about her atm :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 11
Does she still have the flat in London?
I think she mentioned it in one of her lockdown or reno vlogs that they do still have the flat, but don't quote me! I imagine they rent it out as its not somewhere they exactly need to be everyday and a very good investment that will only increase in equity due to location.

Fleur doesn't need to rent out the flat in London. I reckon she does, she was talking about some baby toy in her Q&A and said there was one in London

Reactions: 3
She said in a comment on her recent Instagram that Mike lied to River and said that Fleur had gone away for a few days, because she was sick and didn’t want River near her. Imagine having a house so big you can pretend that you’ve gone away for a few days!!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I seen that comment too! Can you imagine?! My children would hear me cough, move and probably breathe!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She said in a comment on her recent Instagram that Mike lied to River and said that Fleur had gone away for a few days, because she was sick and didn’t want River near her. Imagine having a house so big you can pretend that you’ve gone away for a few days!!
Hahaha, we could prob do that as we have a basement where one of us could "live" and three bathrooms so wouldn't have to see one another. A friend of ours husbands returned from China in January and he isolated away from the family for two weeks in the basement... His wife pre-cooked his meals and he could heat them on the stove there. Houses here in Canada are bigger than the UK in general.

the bleeping dream 🤣😂

Reactions: 2
I don’t see an issue with her wealth. It seems both families have worked hard with their businesses and have earned it. Fleur also never seems to flaunt her money around and I feel out of most ‘influencers’ she’s remained the most grounded. Doesn’t flog any old shite to her followers and even when she’s talking about expensive brands she will make it clear how expensive it is and I have seen her rave about more affordable things too. I still love watching her all these years later :)

Reactions: 13
I don’t see an issue with her wealth. It seems both families have worked hard with their businesses and have earned it. Fleur also never seems to flaunt her money around and I feel out of most ‘influencers’ she’s remained the most grounded. Doesn’t flog any old shite to her followers and even when she’s talking about expensive brands she will make it clear how expensive it is and I have seen her rave about more affordable things too. I still love watching her all these years later :)
This is generally the difference between new and old money. Fleur was raised wealthy, she never knew any differently and I get the sense from her parents that they raised their children with poise and class (and basically not to be brats). I seem to remember both Fleur and her sister say at one point or another that they think something is "too expensive" or "not worth it", even though they've got nice things and always have. In stark contrast, look at Zoe Sugg (and her gormless boyfriend). Endless, mindless spending, always having to prove something. Fleur was over the moon about her eyelure collection and you could tell she was genuinely proud of it. While Zoe peddles endless lines of her crap, low quality products every year without fail... Another obvious difference, I think, is that Fleur is intelligent. She went to a top University, she's well spoken and she surrounds herself with people of the same calibre. On the other hand, we have people like Zoe who lucked into their wealth because they were pretty and in the right place at the right time. Not to bag on Zoe so much, but it's the truth.

Don't get me wrong, Fleur definitely has her eye roll moments and she can be a brat, but it doesn't come off as a "because I'm wealthy" kind of bratty. It's just her personality. I'm not judging her because I also have bratty princess moments and I was raised in a lower middle class household. I actually enjoy Fleurs vlogs of her property and home life (even her trips into London) because I LIKE seeing all the things she has, because she's not "ta da!" about it all. Anyway, that was massively long.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I agree that Fleur has more class and doesn't flaunt her wealth. This is probably because she grew up in a wealthy family - I don't really know her family background. Her vlogs are easier to digest and less generic - I don't think she owns a thermamix!! I used to begrudgingly like Victoria with her sing song voice and the fact she hasn't tried to change her accent (like Lydia and Josie). She has become quite irritating though recently with her puerile tik tok videos. Tik tok is definitely a brain cell destroyer.

I don't think she owns a thermamix!!
Haha she actually does own one! Not sure if it was gifted or she bought it though. She showed it a handful of times in her vlogs making tomato sauce/baking etc. I mean at least she and Mike cook compared to some of the others that get cooking related free tat. I bet Lily Pebbles would hugely beg for one and then never use it, saying she's got a baby and no time and go back to HelloFresh.

The only thing that really put me off Fleur was always the amount of clothes she was buying and we'd never see most of it worn, or worn once and never again. I know in the current times she definitely wouldn't show big clothing hauls but I wonder if she's actually tried to deal with her shopping addiction? She always purchased unnecessarily huge amounts of clothes and I don't think it was just for videos and then returned after either.

Reactions: 2
Haha she actually does own one! Not sure if it was gifted or she bought it though. She showed it a handful of times in her vlogs making tomato sauce/baking etc. I mean at least she and Mike cook compared to some of the others that get cooking related free tat. I bet Lily Pebbles would hugely beg for one and then never use it, saying she's got a baby and no time and go back to HelloFresh.

The only thing that really put me off Fleur was always the amount of clothes she was buying and we'd never see most of it worn, or worn once and never again. I know in the current times she definitely wouldn't show big clothing hauls but I wonder if she's actually tried to deal with her shopping addiction? She always purchased unnecessarily huge amounts of clothes and I don't think it was just for videos and then returned after either.
In fairness she has tried to make a steer towards a more sustainable shopping habit. She did a wardrobe rehaul last summer of clothes she already had that she'd had altered to suit better, which was a video I really enjoyed. She has mentioned recently not shopping in Zara for herself anymore and how it's hard cos she loves their stuff but can't get on board with their ethos anymore. There are definitely fewer shopping hauls on her channel and she's done hauls off Depop for River, mentioned getting hand me downs from her sister etc. In comparison to Zoe who is a horrific consumer of cheap fashion Fleur seems pretty angelic in that regard!

Reactions: 6
Anyone who shops in Zara frequently & watches her videos (especially vlogs) will see that she's quite clearly still shopping in Zara.

I agree that Fleur has more class and doesn't flaunt her wealth. This is probably because she grew up in a wealthy family - I don't really know her family background. Her vlogs are easier to digest and less generic - I don't think she owns a thermamix!! I used to begrudgingly like Victoria with her sing song voice and the fact she hasn't tried to change her accent (like Lydia and Josie). She has become quite irritating though recently with her puerile tik tok videos. Tik tok is definitely a brain cell destroyer.
Does Fleur have TikTok??

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.