Fleur DeForce #4 Fleur De Farce, she only apologised cos she got caught on holiday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just because they got pre tested and it was negative it does not mean they or those around them are safe. The incubation period of COVID - from the time of getting exposed and onset of symptoms can take as long as 14 days. In addition, no one knows whether they followed rules or how careful they were when in Dubai.
Plus, all employees working on her holiday move around too. They don’t get tested each time they take the bus to work.

Reactions: 27
I personally don’t think she’ll lose any work from brands. People like molly mae with five million followers went to Dubai, Zanna van dijk went to the Maldives and so did tally rye who definitely hid doing so. I think the reason there is backlash with fleur is because of the amount of followers she has, the contrast in this behaviour to her usual handling of pandemic protocol and the fact she uploaded that video which mentioned cancelling their south east trip without alluding to the Dubai one.
Lots of people who work at these brands will be other posh and entitled/dumwitted people who won’t see anything wrong with her actions or will ignore it anyway. Think of all the other wealthy/privileged people who get away with tit, including people in the government and journalists

Reactions: 18
While disappointing because England currently has the highest number of Covid cases in Europe, it's Fleur's business if she wanted to travel over the holidays. She and her family got pre tested and followed the rules and didn't do anything illegal. As many have pointed out, vlogging seems to be more of a hobby than a full time job for her. She doesn't need our approval or money.
Also get the feeling the Mike doesn't like the camera in his face much anymore. Now that he's in a higher profile position at his families company and Fleur has mentioned a few times that he is working more than ever, he probably doesn't want parts of his personal life out there for general consumption.
vlogging is a hobby?
ok let me say this, YouTube is a hobby, a very lucrative “hobby”

Sure writing is a hobby, so do we excuse all authors of their questionable behaviour when they mess up?
because really, that best sellers book that made said author into a millionaire is just the fruits of a “hobby”.
They have no responsibility when it comes to their actions
😐

fleur has a very successful Instagram account, they income from that alone would set a “normal” person up for life (and that’s excluding her sponsored content on blogs or YouTube)
She is a billboard, in the same way people object to advertising in problematic mainstream media (certain newspapers for example) why do we not have the right to object to this? Our billboard

She doesn't need our approval or money”

need vrs want,
I haven’t seen her turn down her gifted items because she doesn’t “need” them.
How much is a Theromix these days? A grand? £1200?
Pocket change...... still in her pocket 😐

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I personally don’t think she’ll lose any work from brands. People like molly mae with five million followers went to Dubai, Zanna van dijk went to the Maldives and so did tally rye who definitely hid doing so. I think the reason there is backlash with fleur is because of the amount of followers she has, the contrast in this behaviour to her usual handling of pandemic protocol and the fact she uploaded that video which mentioned cancelling their south east trip without alluding to the Dubai one.
Lots of people who work at these brands will be other posh and entitled/dumwitted people who won’t see anything wrong with her actions or will ignore it anyway. Think of all the other wealthy/privileged people who get away with tit, including people in the government and journalists
I don’t think she’ll loose work either.

This anti cancel culture does seem to be used more and more as an excuse to not have accountability.

There's a world of difference retweeting a joke when you're a teen to knowing something you're doing as an adult is wrong - to the extent you try to deceive so people don't know the truth.

Imagine if politicians were saying they shouldn't have careers ended because cancle culture is bad, we all make mistakes, people have made worse mistakes band we're all human & bla bla bla.

Like it or not influencers are a part of society and they suddenly can't turn it off and say "I'm doing this as a private person, think of me as your friend not an influencer" - as Madison Sarah did when she was outed for her covid breaking Nye party.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
which is exactly why I’m glad sites like this exist. Because so many, for SO MANY YEARS have had to take no accountability for their shady actions

Reactions: 36
People like molly mae with five million followers went to Dubai, Zanna van dijk went to the Maldives
I think it will affect them differently. Someone from love Island like Molly is known for mainly for fast fashion stuff and most of her followers probably don't even care if slave labour is used.

Fleur was seen as one of the good ones. But she's outed herself as doing something she thought is wrong, lying about, showing disrespect to her followers and issuing a terrible not even half half-assed apology. Highlights how some people see the world and couldn't go without some winter sun regardless of the knock on affects to public health.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Not caught up on here but just wanted a rant. Like most, we’ve been cooped up at home following the rules & the reason the numbers are still increasing is due to to people thinking they deserve to not follow them or they do not apply to them or they can afford to pay the fines. Even if she didn’t break any rules it was ignorant not to think how her actions could impact others. Just because you can do something doesn’t mean you should. Most of us have all gone through sad times or big birthdays & celebrations but if everyone who experiences losses or miscarriages or loss of loved ones used their pain to justify going out into public places when it’s not essential & contributing to spreading a virus the hospitals would not cope. This is how it spreads. This is how people are DYING by the hundreds everyday. The NHS staff are are stressed and overworked and tired and are seeing terrible deaths every day. People dying all alone without their loved ones holding their hand saying their last goodbyes. I really like Fleur but I’m disappointed at her ignorance. Her personal issues for going are irrelevant. We are all responsible for each other at the moment & every time we venture out into a public place we are increasing the spread. If we all did what Fleur did the NHS would not be able to cope. Everyone is affected by this & if everyone stays at home we will all be out of it sooner with less deaths. Hospital operations & appointments have been cancelled, people are really suffering with their mental health & the waiting lists are months long. People like Fleur can afford to go private for counselling and other treatments to jump the line and get the best treatment available. For everyone else relying on the NHS our appointments are on hold. She doesn’t have to worry about money or putting food on the table and she didn’t think about the impact her actions would have on others. The more people going on non essential holidays, the more chances that person who works at the airport has of catching the virus and passing it on to a vulnerable family member who doesn’t have the option to stay at home because he has to work to feed his family and for what? So a spoilt rich girl and her family can enjoy a holiday? The airport would be less busy without people like her who’s travel was non essential. Less people, less contact, less transmission. My Mom lost her husband and is on her own, at the same time she developed cataracts in both eyes, she’s been waiting for an operation for over 6 months. Her eyesight is now so bad she doesn’t feel safe walking as she cannot see who is approaching her. She can no longer drive, cannot work and has lost her independence as well as her husband. She is just one of many, she cannot afford private treatment & relies on the nhs. People are furloughed from their jobs, not knowing if they have a job to come back to. People who have lost their jobs are struggling to feed their families. People are killing themselves & the reason it’s going on so long is because people refuse to stay at home and are only thinking of themselves and what is best for them. If there was a possibility I had HIV and I went around having unsafe sex how would people feel? We need to take care of one another by following the rules and staying home. She knew it was wrong and she did it anyway. We all make mistakes but I’m afraid when she’s knowingly contributing to spreading a virus plus taking a new variant to another country she has to deal with the consequences. People are angry and worried and we are all in this together and need to think more of others instead of ourselves.

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Fleur can probably find £200 in a couch cushion, wish we did more income-based fines. For rich people, that type of money is nothing.
Totally agree (though not sure how they'd do it). It's like parking fines. Rich people don't see it as you shouldn't park in a certain place or stay longer, they see it more as "it'll cost £50 to park here" as the fines are just spare change to them.

Reactions: 33
Fleur can probably find £200 in a couch cushion, wish we did more income-based fines. For rich people, that type of money is nothing.
Good point. Wasn’t Ant‘s (of Ant & Dec) drink-driving fine something like £90k because it’s income based?

Reactions: 20
Fleur was seen as one of the good ones. But she's outed herself as doing something she thought is wrong, lying about, showing disrespect to her followers and issuing a terrible not even half half-assed apology. Highlights how some people see the world and couldn't go without some winter sun regardless of the knock on affects to public health.
Ive been active on the Madison Knowles thread and for sure I was annoyed at her New Year’s Eve party in her Manchester flat.

but with fleur I’m angry!
Im ashamed I bought into her bullshit concerns and care packages for her parents, the lies she spun about keeping within restrictions and her struggle with it all, but the cherry on the cake is her premeditated lie,
her social media posts to back up that lie,

her attempts to shut down and remove anyone who’s outed her (and then play dumb in her pretence that the original poster was actually the one who deleted the thread about her rule break, therefore removing all comments there after, and not her)

and her 4 day old “apology” edit,
I won’t eat a pizza that’s been left out 4 days and I’m for sure not excepting an apology hidden in that take out box. 🤐 Ain’t nobody got time for congealed cheese.

Reactions: 55
Fleur doesn’t need YouTube for the money but we all know she loves feeling like the popular kid at school on their! She loves the fame

Reactions: 14
There is a difference between what Fleur did and what Tally / Zanna did though. Zanna (although an absolute head), at least just owned it. Tally, I don't follow but didn't she just avoid talking about it? I don't think she actively made up lies about it and I actually think she even posted a photo of a book under a palm tree etc. Fleur has outright lied, deleted comments to hide it and then her 'apology' is half-arsed. I think that's why she's getting so much tit for it.

Reactions: 13
I don’t understand the ‘oh well they got a negative test so it’s ok’ brigade. Does getting a negative test mean you can do whatever the duck you like then?
First of all there have been so many cases of people testing too early it’s a false negative, then surprise! Symptoms appear and you had it all along as you were mixing and thinking you were covid free. Whoops.
Also you can catch the virus at any time. You could be negative but walk out of the test and catch it moments later. Just because you were negative at that exact second doesn’t mean that’s a permanent state. And if you go abroad you could pick it up there and pass it on. The more places you do and activities you do the more chance of you catching it and spreading it - and going abroad - sitting on a plane and mixing with duck knows how many people is just one way.

So no a negative test isn’t a get out of jail free card to do whatever you like and think you’re safe. You’re not. And it’s selfish to think of it in any other way.

Reactions: 55
Another thing, if Fleur is so desperate for another baby, and has health problems which have made it difficult for her to conceive, and caused miscarriages, why has she endangered her health by travelling in the pandemic ? Doesn't make sense

Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.