Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Yel

Chatty Member
I think the first step would be for her to actually issue an apology, not editing the text on an old photo on insta that not many will see unless told.

The irony of being deceptive and hiding an apology that's about hiding and being deceptive about something else 😆

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 84

CheshireLove

VIP Member
Just got accused of being tone deaf and using her wealth and privilege to go abroad during a pandemic...hops on her £1000+ exercise bike.

great job Fleur

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 84

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I don’t want her to lose work (not that she needs the money) - I don’t agree with that aspect of cancel culture
I absolutely do agree with her losing work,

the relationship between an influencer and the customer is based on trust.
it’s why they can ask for such a huge fee, because the brand knows the emotional connection between the influencer and their viewers will more than likely sell a product better than a main stream media campaign.

this bint has done nothing but prove she is 1) a liar 2)
will try and cover up her own lies
3) she has no problem lying to her audience and manipulating the truth for her own gain
4) she couldn’t give a rats ass what that audience think of her when she’s done this.

I do not want to see her working with any brand or product I buy or support.

her actions have been bad, but pandemic aside her deceit has been worse in this case from an “influencer” point of view. Why would anyone think that’s ok.

• Heart
Reactions: 78

Yel

Chatty Member
Fleur lied about staying at home in her estate, people commented on her grid about seeing her in Dubai and she tried to delete them before anyone saw. Then when too many people saw she edited the caption of a photo of her at home that already had lots of likes and comments to try and backtrack with a ridiculous excuse.

Please add anything I've missed 😅

There was no thread suggestions on the most liked posts, so using a most liked comment.

As you were
IMG_20210110_085217.jpg

IMG_20210110_085325.jpg

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 69

Yel

Chatty Member
It's Fleur's business if she wanted to travel over the holidays. She and her family got pre tested and followed the rules and didn't do anything illegal.
Sorry but nah, her business is selling things on social media. She went out of her way to deceive over the Dubai holiday. It's always the lie.

There's plenty of shitty things you can do that are legal.

Reactions: 68

Vegemite

I hope they do divorce and that Mike meets someone better... Someone who doesn't bring negative publicity to the family business and home (isn't the hall on a farming estate? I assume people's livelihoods are connected to it and probably that other people live there.. I wouldn't want to live there and risk being a target all because of some lying bitch in the big house brings negative press.).who knows what might happen with the current political environment ?.
You make it sound like Mike had no say in the matter. Mike made the decision to go too. He could have used his brain and said it’s not the right time. He put his company in jeopardy by going to Dubai during a pandemic. He’s responsible for his own actions and the potential impact on his family business due to negative press. Where’s his apology?

• Heart
Reactions: 67

CheshireLove

VIP Member
She absolutely deserves to lose work and brand relationships over this. Otherwise, there are no consequences for her behaviour.

If brands continue to work with her I will only come to the conclusion that they also support this blatant disregard for the health of other people and these brands also think it’s okay for people to go on holiday during a pandemic (when expressly asked not to do so and travelling through tiers to get to the airport).

Fleur has shown she has no respect for her viewers/followers. We’re just little cash cows that bring her lovely opportunities - but she doesn’t want to hear from us, or respect us enough to tell us the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
This whole thread has enraged me even more now I have just received news that a THIRD person in my life is about to die of Covid, probably tonight. I don’t write this for pity or sympathy. People like her, and those who stick up for her and say she wasn’t doing anything “””illegal”””” physically disgust me, they have absolutely no regard for others in any shape or form. Where is your HUMANITY?????? Does the fact that thousands of people have died of this fucking terrible disease not make you want to stay at home ENOUGH? WITHOUT there being rules? I hope she reads these threads and sees people like me and so many others who have lost people we love and cherish to COVID. She and so many others are singlehandedly contributing to this entire crisis. And it is a crisis. I hope to god they don’t go through the heartache of feeling how I do right now and how I have felt twice already this year. Fucking abhorrent behaviour - this is a direct shoutout to Fleur and all other people who are flouting the rules on a regular basis. You have to fucking stop.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
Just want to say there seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding about how healthcare in the U.K. works and taxes and public services from that one person asking about it in the last thread.

First of all, private healthcare is not something used to cover emergency care or treatment, such as becoming very ill with covid. You’ll be treated in a a hospital, whether an nhs hospital or a ‘private’ one working with the nhs, by nhs doctors (all doctors are actually nhs doctors here) and the nhs will foot the bill. In these situations private health insurance simply pays the policyholder a certain amount for being hospitalised. The main benefit of private health care here is quicker access to certain diagnostics and treatments and ‘extra’ treatment (such as pregnancy scans) where desired. This all provided by the same exact doctors working in the nhs, just sometimes at different sites or clinics, so essentially it is queue jumping in many cases.

Second, taxes pay for a lot more than the nhs, and anyway, everyone will still be using the nhs in some way if they become ill so that a argument is moot. It’s not like more taxes=more money for the nhs. The nhs is given a budget by the government that has nothing to do with the amount of tax collected.

So yes, Fleur’s actions put pressure on the nhs both directly and indirectly, regardless of how much tax she pays.

• Heart
Reactions: 64

Probablylurking66

Sorry to distract from the main conversation, but I just had a look on Social Blade and she lost more than two thousand followers on Instagram yesterday!

Screenshot_20210110_105938_com.android.chrome.jpg

Also, as an aside, I kinda wish 'Fleur De Super Spreader' had made it into the thread title 😂 (no shade to the one that was picked though!)

• Wow
  • Haha

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
I’m waiting for the “it’s been a hard year and we’ve experienced so much loss” excuses soon.
And I have great sympathy when it comes to her struggles to conceive and hold onto a pregnancy, always said that and I’ve applauded how open she’s now being about that struggle.

but I’m shutting this narrative down before it’s used as an excuse.
We’ve all suffered loss, this year especially, and as someone who’s putting her hopes of having another baby into the hands of the medics and consultants every time she’s experienced complications how in gods name did she think it’s appropriate to put pressure on a health system that is there to assist her and her daughter/future children,
when we are facing a healthcare crisis we’ve never experienced before.

and yes, even pre new lockdown rules or tiers were changed, even that full 24 hours before they kicked into place! we all knew what the U.K. was facing into come winter.

What an absolute bell end 😂
Fleur Bell.......end

• Haha
  • Heart

Truthslayer

VIP Member
I tend to just lurk over on the Lydia Millen Gordon thread but a quick couple of questions. I'm not defending or condemning as I like to say out of shit, hence rarely posting.

For people who are saying her apology isn't good enough, what did you want her apology to say? What did you want in addition to her apology?

People who are saying she doesn't care about the NHS because she doesn't use it, do you realise that she will still be paying towards the NHS via taxes? This puts less pressure on NHS (possibility of covid spread aside).

People do seem to get a real bee in their bonnet about privileged people using private health care and education but they don't seem to acknowledge that those people still pay towards state services despite not using them. If everyone who could afford to not use the NHS stopped using it a lot of NHS pressure would be relieved.

If this was an ordinary family, who lived in a small house and who had scrimped and saved all year for this family hoilday, would you feel differently to now?

Do you think that every influencer should disclose every holiday that they go on?
Well, for a start, I’d have preferred her to tell the truth rather than lie. She broke the law. She said she thought it was coming in a couple of hours after she flew. If that were the case, any reasonable person would check the rules. In any event, ignorance of the law is not an excuse.

Even if she herself doesn’t use the NHS, if she infects someone else, they will likely have to use the NHS, so the point still stands.

Yes I would still feel the same if it were an ordinary family. The law is the law and people have no right to be so selfish at a time when over a thousand people a day are dying of Covid just in this country. She is putting fellow passengers, airline crew, hotel staff etc at risk.

And I don’t necessarily think influencers should disclose all holidays. But nor do I think they should actively mislead followers by making it look like they are still at home, claiming in a video they wouldn’t be going anywhere and then censoring the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 63

Smca53

VIP Member
I love that Fleur used to act like she was above showing her daughter online. And now she’s using River in cutesy Instagram stories to distract from the current PR disaster.

Oh how the mighty have fallen :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 62

Sooz

Chatty Member
This reminds me, a patient was telling me about her mother in law, whose daughter and boyfriend insisted on flying home for a family Christmas from Dubai, where they lived.

The MIL told her she didn't think it would be a good idea, but the daughter insisted. Oh she'll get a test, it'd be fine, blah blah.

So the daughter gets a test before she leaves - negative. She gets there and the boyfriend starts feeling a bit poorly. They get retested - positive.

So they had to be kicked out of the house and put in a adjoining shed type thing and spent Christmas Day eating turkey that was left on the path outside.

And everyone in the main house, including an elderly grandfather, is now in isolation.

So all this bullshit about getting tested before you get on the plane drives me absolutely nuts. It means NOTHING!

Reactions: 61

Yel

Chatty Member
This anti cancel culture does seem to be used more and more as an excuse to not have accountability.

There's a world of difference retweeting a joke when you're a teen to knowing something you're doing as an adult is wrong - to the extent you try to deceive so people don't know the truth.

Imagine if politicians were saying they shouldn't have careers ended because cancle culture is bad, we all make mistakes, people have made worse mistakes band we're all human & bla bla bla.

Like it or not influencers are a part of society and they suddenly can't turn it off and say "I'm doing this as a private person, think of me as your friend not an influencer" - as Madison Sarah did when she was outed for her covid breaking Nye party.

• Heart
Reactions: 60