Fleur DeForce #4 Fleur De Farce, she only apologised cos she got caught on holiday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She absolutely deserves to lose work and brand relationships over this. Otherwise, there are no consequences for her behaviour.

If brands continue to work with her I will only come to the conclusion that they also support this blatant disregard for the health of other people and these brands also think it’s okay for people to go on holiday during a pandemic (when expressly asked not to do so and travelling through tiers to get to the airport).

Fleur has shown she has no respect for her viewers/followers. We’re just little cash cows that bring her lovely opportunities - but she doesn’t want to hear from us, or respect us enough to tell us the truth.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
Let's add the 120 acres of land, Peloton equipped gym, cinema room, out door swimming pool, tennis courts, 100k kitchen, and staff into that equation for good measure.
to add.....the sheep, the multiple smaller homes on the property, the house for the farmer, the ultra long driveway, wing of the house that most likely hasn't been used in twenty plus years, her and mikes first house, the green house, the barn, the other barn

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
I don't follow Fleur that closely but she has ONE sheep next door with a farmer? Why? One sheep?
:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I absolutely do agree with her losing work,

the relationship between an influencer and the customer is based on trust.
it’s why they can ask for such a huge fee, because the brand knows the emotional connection between the influencer and their viewers will more than likely sell a product better than a main stream media campaign.

this bint has done nothing but prove she is 1) a liar 2)
will try and cover up her own lies
3) she has no problem lying to her audience and manipulating the truth for her own gain
4) she couldn’t give a rats ass what that audience think of her when she’s done this.

I do not want to see her working with any brand or product I buy or support.

her actions have been bad, but pandemic aside her deceit has been worse in this case from an “influencer” point of view. Why would anyone think that’s ok.
Say it again for the sheep in the back 👏👏🙌🙌 100% this should impact her work.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Just want to say there seems to be a fundamental misunderstanding about how healthcare in the U.K. works and taxes and public services from that one person asking about it in the last thread.

First of all, private healthcare is not something used to cover emergency care or treatment, such as becoming very ill with covid. You’ll be treated in a a hospital, whether an nhs hospital or a ‘private’ one working with the nhs, by nhs doctors (all doctors are actually nhs doctors here) and the nhs will foot the bill. In these situations private health insurance simply pays the policyholder a certain amount for being hospitalised. The main benefit of private health care here is quicker access to certain diagnostics and treatments and ‘extra’ treatment (such as pregnancy scans) where desired. This all provided by the same exact doctors working in the nhs, just sometimes at different sites or clinics, so essentially it is queue jumping in many cases.

Second, taxes pay for a lot more than the nhs, and anyway, everyone will still be using the nhs in some way if they become ill so that a argument is moot. It’s not like more taxes=more money for the nhs. The nhs is given a budget by the government that has nothing to do with the amount of tax collected.

So yes, Fleur’s actions put pressure on the nhs both directly and indirectly, regardless of how much tax she pays.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Sorry to distract from the main conversation, but I just had a look on Social Blade and she lost more than two thousand followers on Instagram yesterday!

Screenshot_20210110_105938_com.android.chrome.jpg

Also, as an aside, I kinda wish 'Fleur De Super Spreader' had made it into the thread title 😂 (no shade to the one that was picked though!)

• Wow
  • Haha
I don’t actually know much about her at all, my friends tagged me in some giveaways at Christmas so that’s when I started following. So she comes from money and her husband comes from money?! I know some have said that privilege and wealth doesn’t come into it but I really think it does in this case, she felt she was untouchable and I would imagine in the past she has been. She’s not and I do think that brands should be keeping an eye on this, same with Rita Ora!

Reactions: 18
While disappointing because England currently has the highest number of Covid cases in Europe, it's Fleur's business if she wanted to travel over the holidays. She and her family got pre tested and followed the rules and didn't do anything illegal. As many have pointed out, vlogging seems to be more of a hobby than a full time job for her. She doesn't need our approval or money.
Also get the feeling the Mike doesn't like the camera in his face much anymore. Now that he's in a higher profile position at his families company and Fleur has mentioned a few times that he is working more than ever, he probably doesn't want parts of his personal life out there for general consumption.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
But it’s also about the deceit, not the fact she travelled! The fact she or anyone travelled during a pandemic is crappy but hiding it is shittier!

Reactions: 43
How dumb does she have to be in the first place to think she’d get away with it?!
Yeah she’s no celebrity but she has over a million followers on YouTube - someone was BOUND to see her in Dubai.
What an absolute bell end 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 39
I’m waiting for the “it’s been a hard year and we’ve experienced so much loss” excuses soon.
And I have great sympathy when it comes to her struggles to conceive and hold onto a pregnancy, always said that and I’ve applauded how open she’s now being about that struggle.

but I’m shutting this narrative down before it’s used as an excuse.
We’ve all suffered loss, this year especially, and as someone who’s putting her hopes of having another baby into the hands of the medics and consultants every time she’s experienced complications how in gods name did she think it’s appropriate to put pressure on a health system that is there to assist her and her daughter/future children,
when we are facing a healthcare crisis we’ve never experienced before.

and yes, even pre new lockdown rules or tiers were changed, even that full 24 hours before they kicked into place! we all knew what the U.K. was facing into come winter.

What an absolute bell end 😂
Fleur Bell.......end

• Haha
  • Heart
So frustrated & disappointed. Are influencers so entitled they can’t wait for nice things like holiday like the rest of us?

Reactions: 18
There's nothing wrong with facing consequences for your choices. If brands decide not to work with Fleur going forwards based on the fact that she behaved shadily and tried to deceive her audience, that's on her. I know there's a real backlash against 'cancel culture' at the moment and sometimes it undoubtedly goes too far, but ultimately if you're an 'influencer' your worth to brands is purely based on your reach and reputation, so if you damage either or both of those, why on earth would any decent brand not take that into account? For what it's worth, I'm quite sure she'll face almost zero consequences. Even if she did and was never able to earn another penny again her family wealth means she will face zero financial hardship ever.

Also, can I just point out to anybody new to Fleur through this scandal, or those who are upset that anybody would mention her wealth and privilege, she's usually very well liked and one of the few criticisms that she's had in recent years on forums like these is that we wish she'd show more of her wealth, and be a bit more real about her lifestyle. I'm of course envious of her life, but not in a bitter, twisted way - I'd love to see more content about living in a grand country estate over some gifted beauty products. Her wealth and privilege is relevant to this scandal, though, because although the (hopefully temporary) loss of our personal freedoms can be difficult for us all regardless of our circumstances, she should have the decency to realise that her home situation is better than most of us could ever dream of. She should understand that in some ways it unfortunately does make it harder to forgive that she couldn't just 'endure' being at home for a bit longer, for the benefit of all of us.

Last edited:
Reactions: 43
It's Fleur's business if she wanted to travel over the holidays. She and her family got pre tested and followed the rules and didn't do anything illegal.
Sorry but nah, her business is selling things on social media. She went out of her way to deceive over the Dubai holiday. It's always the lie.

There's plenty of crappy things you can do that are legal.

Reactions: 68
I think it’s a little different to apply cancel culture to someone who has worded something badly or when people dug up photos from a teenage stupidity. I’m not saying Fleur needs to be cancelled, but this is not the same.

Plus, brands have often moved away from traditional advertising to using influencers instead, because it’s more relatable, trustworthy and they are better at reaching a target audience. The downside is that as a brand, actions of an influencer also reflect on the brand if they continue to work with the influencer as if nothing has happened. Similarly, influencers are also expected to take a stand when a brand does something that’s not right (Bon Appetit, Jo Malone, etc.).

I’m waiting for the “it’s been a hard year and we’ve experienced so much loss” excuses soon.
And I have great sympathy when it comes to her struggles to conceive and hold onto a pregnancy, always said that and I’ve applauded how open she’s now being about that struggle.
I doubt she’ll use that as an excuse. She knows she’ll be digging herself an even deeper hole.

Reactions: 8
While disappointing because England currently has the highest number of Covid cases in Europe, it's Fleur's business if she wanted to travel over the holidays. She and her family got pre tested and followed the rules and didn't do anything illegal. As many have pointed out, vlogging seems to be more of a hobby than a full time job for her. She doesn't need our approval or money.
Also get the feeling the Mike doesn't like the camera in his face much anymore. Now that he's in a higher profile position at his families company and Fleur has mentioned a few times that he is working more than ever, he probably doesn't want parts of his personal life out there for general consumption.
Just because they got pre tested and it was negative it does not mean they or those around them are safe. The incubation period of COVID - from the time of getting exposed and onset of symptoms can take as long as 14 days. In addition, no one knows whether they followed rules or how careful they were when in Dubai.

Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.