Fleur DeForce #4 Fleur De Farce, she only apologised cos she got caught on holiday

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I personally don’t think she’ll lose any work from brands. People like molly mae with five million followers went to Dubai, Zanna van dijk went to the Maldives and so did tally rye who definitely hid doing so. I think the reason there is backlash with fleur is because of the amount of followers she has, the contrast in this behaviour to her usual handling of pandemic protocol and the fact she uploaded that video which mentioned cancelling their south east trip without alluding to the Dubai one.
Lots of people who work at these brands will be other posh and entitled/dumwitted people who won’t see anything wrong with her actions or will ignore it anyway. Think of all the other wealthy/privileged people who get away with tit, including people in the government and journalists
Not that I agree with it and still think regardless of what stage we were at in the pandemic last year, people shouldn’t have travelled. But Zanna didn’t hide it and pretended to be in the UK and also didn’t go when the whole UK basically went into tier 4

Reactions: 2
This anti cancel culture does seem to be used more and more as an excuse to not have accountability.

There's a world of difference retweeting a joke when you're a teen to knowing something you're doing as an adult is wrong - to the extent you try to deceive so people don't know the truth.

Imagine if politicians were saying they shouldn't have careers ended because cancle culture is bad, we all make mistakes, people have made worse mistakes band we're all human & bla bla bla.

Like it or not influencers are a part of society and they suddenly can't turn it off and say "I'm doing this as a private person, think of me as your friend not an influencer" - as Madison Sarah did when she was outed for her covid breaking Nye party.
Yes!! I wish I could like this twice!

The only problem I have with cancel culture is the direct trolling and doxing behaviours that come with it. If a brand chooses not to work with an influencer who has tarnished their reputation by their own doing, well that's their prerogative. That's not cancel culture, it's the free market in action.

If people choose not shop with a brand because they've supported X influencers that's also their right.

What I find incredible about the "she apologised, let it go" brigade, is their fundamental misunderstanding of what an apology is. An apology is an expression of your personal remorse. An acknowledgement of your guilt. You are not owed forgiveness post apology nor are you inoculated from the consequences of your actions. I'm disappointed that her fanbase are imposing this aggressive attitude on other less enthralled followers.

Reactions: 29
Interesting that she unfollowed 100 accounts on Wed, despite claiming she hadn't been checking her IG account as she was on a break. I presume this is when she unfollowed the Dubai hotel.
Could be as a result of blocking 100 people that followed her

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Fleur de false claims of being at home during a pandemic

The financial hit of losing out on brand work may not make a dent in their bank balance.

The emotional hit of not getting the pure admiration and likes on posts may make a dent in her ego.

Reactions: 28
This anti cancel culture does seem to be used more and more as an excuse to not have accountability.

There's a world of difference retweeting a joke when you're a teen to knowing something you're doing as an adult is wrong - to the extent you try to deceive so people don't know the truth.

Imagine if politicians were saying they shouldn't have careers ended because cancle culture is bad, we all make mistakes, people have made worse mistakes band we're all human & bla bla bla.

Like it or not influencers are a part of society and they suddenly can't turn it off and say "I'm doing this as a private person, think of me as your friend not an influencer" - as Madison Sarah did when she was outed for her covid breaking Nye party.
Came to vent about this very thing. She isn't "cancelled" because of some trivial whatever, and I dare say she isn't cancelled at all because as we can clearly see in her comments and in the correspondence of some businesses who work with these influencers; people do not give a damn. She'll be absolutely fine whether people stop working with her or not. I am tired of these privileged ridiculous people getting away with every questionable or sometimes downright illegal actioms just because they have some amount of adoring fans online. I don't understand why people are so averse to the concept of consequence.

Reactions: 22

The financial hit of losing out on brand work may not make a dent in their bank balance.

The emotional hit of not getting the pure admiration and likes on posts may make a dent in her ego.
I don’t see how she won’t read the comments on her YouTube and Instagram and not feel utterly ashamed and embarrassed about her behaviour, let alone the ego dent she will feel knowing how many loyal and long standing followers she has disappointed. You’d need a very thick skin not to be bothered by what people are saying but who knows. She’s not the person we thought she was so perhaps she really doesn’t care about anybody but herself after all.

Reactions: 19
Hasn’t been mentioned in a while, so don’t want it to get buried. Her husband furloughed his staff during all of this and still felt entitled to a vacation.

Let’s be 100% honest with ourselves. Fleur would have insisted on a vacation even if she didn’t have a “hard” year with miscarriages or whatever else she says. She’s always felt entitled to get away. She was giddy in that London vlog staying away from home, yet she claims she wants more kids.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 47

I think she does it for the freebies. I am sure her kitchen was heavily subsidized by the company and she got top notch service as well.

Reactions: 7
Exactly this. She doesn’t care about the YouTube money, she cares about the YouTube “fame”

Reactions: 11
Hasn’t been mentioned in a while, so don’t want it to get buried. Her husband furloughed his staff during all of this and still felt entitled to a vacation.

Let’s be 100% honest with ourselves. Fleur would have insisted on a vacation even if she didn’t have a “hard” year with miscarriages or whatever else she says. She’s always felt entitled to get away. She was giddy in that London vlog staying away from home, yet she claims she wants more kids.
Apparently they've made 300 staff redundant, which I think is about half the workforce.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
Yep it's the loss of people's respect that will annoy her the most. Along with the possibility of less freebies, as even those well off love a freebie!

Fyi Fleur
IMG_20210110_141524.jpg

Reactions: 26
Yep it's the loss of people's respect that will annoy her the most. Along with the possibility of less freebies, as even those well off love a freebie!

Fyi Fleur
View attachment 381646
*Especially* those well off love a freebie. I mean, despite the multiple car dealerships among them, she was still accepting loaner cars for ads. Couldn’t pass up getting the sponsorship or the free mileage.

Even her 3 year old daughter is being raised the same. The way she grabs greedily at PR packages is not cute to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
OT but has there been any social media activity from Fleur since her apology (stories etc.)? Wonder how long she'll go into hiding...

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.