Fleur DeForce #3 aka Fleur Du-Bye! She's on holiday in Dubai and faked being at home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didnt know what tier she was in YEAH RIGHT! she isnt dumb she knows damn well what tier she is in or if she wasnt sure she could have googled it!

Reactions: 22
Some of the comments on Mike’s company page re redundancy. And a press article from last July: https://www.am-online.com/independe...tes-to-workforce-about-potential-redundencies
Jesus. I'd be so pissed about them going to Dubai if I had got made redundant by Available Car. It's like another slap in the face and super disappointing since Mike also comes across as so likeable (arguably more so than Fleur at times!). Honestly can't believe the audacity. I'm tempted to go to the Daily Mail but it wouldn't feel right, despite how crappy they've been.

Reactions: 17
Lets face it, this was a rave thread before this happened, which is very rare on Gossip sites.

I have no doubt that she is sorry, now. Sorry that people spotted her and she got caught pretending that she was at home. She chose to delete nice comments from fans that had seen them to keep up the charade. She's not sorry they traveled as shown by her rambly excuses.

She appeared to be so careful which was relatable to so many of us and how we are feeling during the pandemic. I loved that she was vlogging again and loved her lockdown vlogs. It was refreshing to see an influencer seeming to take the situation seriously instead of pretending nothing was happening and trying to distract their viewers by selling products.

You can see from her apology though that she isn't truly sorry. Leaving it sloppily under an old post? Feigning ignorance of the tiers and covid? Nope. Fess up and actually apologize or don't bother. They knew what they were doing and just wish others didn't. She was being very calculated and selling us a lie.

I'm very disappointed as she was the only OG vlogger left that I still liked. I can no longer trust Fleur and it was very naive of me to think that I could. Very disappointed.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I am too so disappointed in Fleur I really like her and was so shocked and disgusted when I read her pathetic apology caption under a photo of her pretending to be at home. It really annoys me that people think they can still do this during a pandemic which is getting worse by the day.

Reactions: 9
Hi new poster on this thread! Tbh I don’t really keep up with her any more, but I did come across her post today about her trip to Dubai, which honestly really shocked me. From what I did see of her this year, they seemed to be acting quite sensibly, as they should. What I was confused about from her caption was, how did people find out she was on holiday? And how did they find out it was Dubai?? Fleur seemed to make it seem as though she was posting absolutely no clues so I’m just interested into how she got busted. :)

Reactions: 4
It’s just been pointed out in sunbeamsjess thread that she liked Fleur’s post. In Jess’ case, she definitely liked the post before it was changed to an apology post. Makes me wonder how many people, including those with reputations to protect, might be annoyed that they’re now showing as having ‘liked’ the apology post!

Reactions: 13
It’s just been pointed out in sunbeamsjess thread that she liked Fleur’s post. In Jess’ case, she definitely liked the post before it was changed to an apology post. Makes me wonder how many people, including those with reputations to protect, might be annoyed that they’re now showing as having ‘liked’ the apology post!
Sunbeamjess has a bit of a history when it comes to Covid trips.

I know it makes me shallow as a puddle but I was looking forward to more lockdown vlogs from Fleur. I’m guessing she won’t do them now.

Reactions: 4
Hi new poster on this thread! Tbh I don’t really keep up with her any more, but I did come across her post today about her trip to Dubai, which honestly really shocked me. From what I did see of her this year, they seemed to be acting quite sensibly, as they should. What I was confused about from her caption was, how did people find out she was on holiday? And how did they find out it was Dubai?? Fleur seemed to make it seem as though she was posting absolutely no clues so I’m just interested into how she got busted. :)
She deleted a couple of comments from people who had spotted her in Dubai and she also followed and then unfollowed a Dubai hotel which is how the rumours started.

She's only sorry she got caught, her apology is a load of empty words! Makes you wonder if any other influencers went off on a jolly to Dubai during Christmas 🤔

Reactions: 12
Just for clarity sake - are people more upset that Fleur has lied than her actually going?

I just find it so interesting how many other celebs/influencers have gone away and got no stick for it. Rochelle Humes took her two young girls and 12 week old baby to Dubai in December and hasn’t had any blow back from it. Same with many others I can think off (Amelia Liana, Molly Mae and Tommy, Saffron Barker to name a few) All in the same privileged position and wanting a holiday from their massive houses and flash lifestyles.

Is it that we all collectively expected more of Fleur?

Can't believe there are people so naive to believe and defend her. Fleur is not sorry for her mistake she is sorry that she got caught, she tried to deny it and hide it but soon she realised many people had the receipts to expose her so she had no choice but address it but right after she lied so badly in everybody face. Her apology still has no fundaments tier 2 or 4, leaving the government incompetence aside the pandemic was already pretty bad in the country there is no bleeping excuse and Fleur knew it but yes this year she didn't have all her events and free press trips, she obviously needed a holiday abroad, it wasn't 2019 she went with Nars to Dubai when her Chanel collection got stolen?

Reactions: 15
Just for clarity sake - are people more upset that Fleur has lied than her actually going?
Yes, and the amount of lying in quite a crafty way.

If she'd said she was going on holiday I personally would have thought she was a d*ck and be a bit disappointed, but not be irked. I think a lot of people feel deceived because we've all been enjoying her vlogs and said it's weird how relatable she appears despite being so wealthy. But this feels like she's just playing everyone.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Nobody who goes on holiday right now has ever again the right to complain about the pandemic and the restrictions we all live under. Never ever again. Neither do people who still throw and/or attend parties. Living like this pandemic isn't real just makes things worse. Anyone who then still claims how hard things have been because of all this needs a slap or two.

Reactions: 36

I just find it so interesting how many other celebs/influencers have gone away and got no stick for it. Rochelle Humes took her two young girls and 12 week old baby to Dubai in December and hasn’t had any blow back from it. Same with many others I can think off (Amelia Liana, Molly Mae and Tommy, Saffron Barker to name a few) All in the same privileged position and wanting a holiday from their massive houses and flash lifestyles.

I think that's it. She put forth this image of her being very worried about the virus, staying at home, not seeing anyone. And I thought thank goodness someone is taking it seriously, given the absolute idiots running around doing what they want, acting like over 1 million people haven't died or it's not a big deal?

She's clearly intelligent and understood that we all have to make a collective effort. So at this point does she just no longer care or does she feel entitled to a holiday, cost to human life be damned? That's what's baffling me - was she pretending to take it seriously before?

Reactions: 23
Nobody who goes on holiday right now has ever again the right to complain about the pandemic and the restrictions we all live under. Never ever again. Neither do people who still throw and/or attend parties. Living like this pandemic isn't real just makes things worse. Anyone who then still claims how hard things have been because of all this needs a slap or two.
I think she was mostly refering to the miscarriages and the thyroid issues, but that does mean you then 'deserve' to go on holiday during a pandemic. I think most of us are fed up, and would love a change of scenery, but we have to suck it up and stay home, to protect others and ourselves (in that order). She just pulled a big FU to her followers and those who have no idea who she is.

Reactions: 10
What difference does it even make if it’s tier 3 or 4?? We’re in a global pandemic. My jaw dropped when I read what she wrote, which basically said something along the line our flight was at 10pm, tier 4 wasn’t supposed to start until midnight!! Like is she obtuse or what.

Reactions: 32

I think for me it's definitely the lying - she has really deceived her audience by having videos and photos of herself that imply she's at home when she isn't. I don't agree with her decision to go abroad but if she had said it was happening, I would at least respect her for being upfront, and maybe even understand a little. With this, it's like another poster said - how can we be sure that what she's saying in her vlogs about cancelling holidays is true? She's really damaged the trust a lot of people give her, and I do think that's because I tend to expect more of her.

With regards to other influencers, I do think they're horrendously selfish and deceitful but I don't have any trust in them in the first place. For me Fleur is different, because she didn't start off as an influencer, and because she has been so outspoken about keeping safe. It's really disappointing.

I'm so, so, disappointed in Fleur and Mike. She has been the only vlogger/YouTuber I have consistently watched and supported this last decade. I'm just baffled and she was the last "influencer" I expected this from, you know? She's always seemed like she's got her sh*t together and is responsible but this has just floored me tbh. I appreciate her actually writing an apology and owning up to her actions - other influencers haven't bothered *cough* Niomi Smart *cough*. The content of it though, wasn't good enough for me. A mistake is something small abs trivial, not knowingly stepping on a plane and travelling to another country during a pandemic. Yes, what she did was legal but any decent person would know it's dangerous and selfish.

Reactions: 15

A bit of both, of all the OG influencers she came across as really sensible during this pandemic. I'm actually shocked she would even go abroad, not mum shaming but I have a toddler and have cancelled two holidays during this pandemic as I would never want to put my child in danger (also don't want to add to the pandemic). With other influencers you can sort of expect it, I did with Rochelle for example and unfollowed shortly after she decided to show what an entitled brat she was by jetting of on holiday.

Reactions: 8

I would disagree that we expect more from her. I don’t personally watch any of those other people, but if I did, I would be criticizing them too. I don’t believe this narrative that we hold her to a higher standard so she’s getting it harsher than others.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.