Fleur DeForce #3 aka Fleur Du-Bye! She's on holiday in Dubai and faked being at home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I always thought, that fleur was one of the few youtubers that had some kind of integrity šŸ˜… but her shady behaviour shows, that she isnā€™t any better than all the others šŸ™Š
And as some of you already said, her apology is just da dumb excuse. If she had gotten away with it, she wouldnā€™t have ever addressed it and just acted as if nothing happend.

Reactions: 26
With the fact that there are now 1300 deaths a day and rising in the U.K., I think the people who decided to travel out of the U.K. should stay where they are!

You wanted to go to Dubai so much Fleur you can bloody well stay there! Enjoy living in a misogynistic country where you need Mikeā€™s permission to leave the country and if you ever separated you would lose the right to your child to your husband!!
Sorry the anger over Fleur aside this is a pretty ignorant and actually quite racist comment. I am a professional and lived and worked in Dubai for many years. Women have rights and are treated with complete respect. I felt safer and often more respected in Dubai than I do in the UK. Perhaps you are referring to outher Middle Eastern countries like Saudi in your comments but again that just confirms your ignorance to me.

Reactions: 21
What gets me after all of this - is where are the repercussions? We need to actually hold these people accountable. Her credibility and therefore business should be affected. Thereā€™s lots of criticism now but it shouldnā€™t just die off, although my cynical nature says it will.

Reactions: 23
As others have said, Dubai isnt really her style so im suspicious at the claim that this wasnt a sponsored trip. Also influencers have been flooding to Dubai so it was even more likely she'd get recognised or even end up in the background of someones story or something.

Its a half decent apology, she did make a huge error of judgement.. im disappointed and have unfollowed on IG.

Whats everyone elses thoughts on this - it annoys me a bit that a much bigger deal is happening about this with Fleur (someone who has appeared (??) to be careful with restrictions all year -and has had to deal with 2 miscarriages in that time) when there are people like Helen Anderson who has been breaking rules almost every day from day one with all her dumbass mates who are slipping just under the radar for it being a scandal because its not 1 big incident.
I really wish people (other than tattle) were getting wind of people like Helen who have literally continued life as normal which for Helen is going to shops every single day and see her mates/having them round/having parties constantly. Fleur rightfully should be called out on this but people like Helen are much worse and have put more people at risk so deserves more longlasting damage to her brand.

But, i suppose thats exactly why Fleur is a bigger deal as this incident really sticks out against how she has (appeared to) handle the pandemic.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Fleur, unlike her comment suggests, is not stupid. She's been supposedly diligent and aware through the pandemic since spring. She knows it wouldn't be the smart thing to travel, she knows it was unessential, she knows she would have faced backlash, she knows what needs to be done in order to be cautious and reduce the risk for others and for themselves. Her apology, for this reason, looks like an attempt to come off as sincere and regretful but I doubt she actually feels this way. Liking the messages of people who tell the ciriticizing lot to get a grip was obvious enough. And this can't really have been a spur of the moment last minute vacation. She very clearly said they cancelled a trip to Kent and to Cornwall and she was gutted that the holiday plans were ruined, all the while conveniently leaving out the upcoming Dubai trip. It is not poor judgement, it's calculated lying. She may have planned to stay offline through this period whether she was in the UK or abroad but this doesn't changed the fact that she very clearly knew what she was doing and chose to go ahead anyway. I do not have sympathy for her and now I wonder if she actually has been that cautious or whether there were other cheeky trips this year that she somehow got away with.

Those who can excuse her actions in those comments are either doing the same or looking for justification for their own terrible judgement. Deserving something doesn't always mean you get to have it. Plenty of people deserve better through the pandemic and other times but they have to work with what they have. The stupidy on social media makes my head go numb, it's so frustrating.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Itā€™s the sneaky behaviour for me.
Regardless of the rules she wanted to go and keep it under the radar to stop any backlash. A lot of influencers jetted off to various places in December (like Dubai and the Maldives) and they received a lot of grief for it in the comments on photos they uploaded. So, she uploaded photos as if she were home and uploaded a video as if she were home - thatā€™s very sneaky and obviously planned way in advance on her part which suggests regardless, she was going on this holiday and was determined to not let anyone find out about it.
I donā€™t really care whether she ā€˜deservesā€™ a holiday, yeah, maybe she does but I think we all bloody do. Itā€™s been tough for everyone. That doesnā€™t justify someone being selfish, sneaky and choosing to interpret the rules the way they want to to make them feel better about their actions.

Reactions: 33
I hate the mentality that going on holiday is a right rather than a privilege. So what if you donā€™t manage to jet off somewhere sunny in 2020, or until travel restrictions ease? Itā€™s such a massive sense of entitlement. Most of the country would love to be able to travel down the road to see their family and friends in person, a holiday is the last thing on their minds right now. Just put the money aside and spend it on an amazing trip when you can do it safe in the knowledge you arenā€™t breaking rules or endangering anyone

Reactions: 45
Staff represents the company they work for, that's why companies does sack staff for misconduct. The more important you're, the more responsibilities you have.
A CEO has responsibility far above a normal staff. If Mike's company suffers for this, it is his guilt to carry, unfortunately. I'll say, it sucks to have a fool for a boss.

First time I am disappointed in Fleur. She obviously have always been privileged and all but this tops it all.
She needed a overseas holiday? You won't die not having a holiday but more than a million have died from this virus.
And her daughter is what 3? She needed to expose River to the risk and the risk of losing a/or both parent to covid?

Reactions: 27
Sorry the anger over Fleur aside this is a pretty ignorant and actually quite racist comment. I am a professional and lived and worked in Dubai for many years. Women have rights and are treated with complete respect. I felt safer and often more respected in Dubai than I do in the UK. Perhaps you are referring to outher Middle Eastern countries like Saudi in your comments but again that just confirms your ignorance to me.
Somebody made a point on her ladtezr

Dubai was built by slaves & continues to be run by slaves. Itā€™s not somewhere I would chose to live or holiday in.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Fleur, unlike her comment suggests, is not stupid. She's been supposedly diligent and aware through the pandemic since spring. She knows it wouldn't be the smart thing to travel, she knows it was unessential, she knows she would have faced backlash, she knows what needs to be done in order to be cautious and reduce the risk for others and for themselves. Her apology, for this reason, looks like an attempt to come off as sincere and regretful but I doubt she actually feels this way. Liking the messages of people who tell the ciriticizing lot to get a grip was obvious enough. And this can't really have been a spur of the moment last minute vacation. She very clearly said they cancelled a trip to Kent and to Cornwall and she was gutted that the holiday plans were ruined, all the while conveniently leaving out the upcoming Dubai trip. It is not poor judgement, it's calculated lying. She may have planned to stay offline through this period whether she was in the UK or abroad but this doesn't changed the fact that she very clearly knew what she was doing and chose to go ahead anyway. I do not have sympathy for her and now I wonder if she actually has been that cautious or whether there were other cheeky trips this year that she somehow got away with.

Those who can excuse her actions in those comments are either doing the same or looking for justification for their own terrible judgement. Deserving something doesn't always mean you get to have it. Plenty of people deserve better through the pandemic and other times but they have to work with what they have. The stupidy on social media makes my head go numb, it's so frustrating.
I actually feel a bit sorry for Fleur, because we are rightfully being hard on her because we know SHE SHOULD have done better and we know SHE KNOWS better. But when you look at Amelia Liana for example, she has broken pretty much every COVID/lockdown rule and no one has batted an eyelid. She's had people in her house throughout, she's filmed herself in stores not wearing a mask, she got her nails and eyebrows done when legally she couldn't, she took 3 or 4 international trips over summer and was I believe with her family at a country estate over Christmas when all of them live in tier 4 London in separate homes. No one calls Amelia out on any of it. I am in no way justifying what Fleur did, or saying that it's okay. If anyone has read any of my posts on this you will see I find it completely unacceptable and selfish but because Fleur has an audience that has trusted her we are a lot harder on her than perhaps others we all follow.

Reactions: 25
I actually feel a bit sorry for Fleur, because we are rightfully being hard on her because we know SHE SHOULD have done better and we know SHE KNOWS better. But when you look at Amelia Liana for example, she has broken pretty much every COVID/lockdown rule and no one has batted an eyelid. She's had people in her house throughout, she's filmed herself in stores not wearing a mask, she got her nails and eyebrows done when legally she couldn't, she took 3 or 4 international trips over summer and was I believe with her family at a country estate over Christmas when all of them live in tier 4 London in separate homes. No one calls Amelia out on any of it. I am in no way justifying what Fleur did, or saying that it's okay. If anyone has read any of my posts on this you will see I find it completely unacceptable and selfish but because Fleur has an audience that has trusted her we are a lot harder on her than perhaps others we all follow.
Glad someone else is having the same thoughts as me, i actually forgot about how Amelia has continued her life blissfully unaware! (And deapite the fact her partner is 100% living with her in her flat (so shes not a single person household) has openly shown that she stayed at a huge country house over christmas thats not her parents or grandparents house when London are in tier 4!!

Do you know what really makes my blood boil? I only watched her vlogmas part 3 recently where they go to Blenheim palace to see the lights. They talk about all of the mask wearing and socially distanced tables at the afternoon tea because it affected the experience. She also ends the vlog saying they are expecting to go into tier 3 next week when the vlog was published 13th December...the biggest joke of all is how she says ā€œweā€™re going to be extra careful and Covid safeā€. REALLY? Seriously??? But flying to Dubai is doing those?
She is a liar and is only sorry she got caught. The sooner the rest of her subscribers wake up to the truth the better. Sick of these people doing as they want when the numbers of cases and deaths are spiralling, the nhs is not going to cope and weā€™ll stay in this hell until everyone pulls together and does the right thing to stop the virus spreading.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I just had a look through the comments on Fleur's post and most people - dozens of people - are defending her and telling her there is no need to apologise. What is wrong with these people?! Fleur lied, she deceived, she is only sorry that she got caught!

• Sad
in all honesty i donā€™t know what else Fleur can do, sheā€™s apologised and explained the situation and I canā€™t see why she canā€™t use this as a learning experience, lose the followers thatā€™re angered by it and continue to live her life. Some may disagree with this but if she decided to donate to hospitals now, it would be viewed as a pr stunt and a flash of her wealth, if she continued to make apologies there would be an influx of comments, I mean for christā€™s sake do you really have to go to her FAMILYā€™S instagram pages to spread news that they probably already know? Yes this was a crappy thing to do on Fleurs part but she didnā€™t technically break any rules, she didnā€™t outright deceive her followers because she just didnā€™t mention anything about the trip (she didnā€™t do anything other than imply that she was still in the UK) and letā€™s be real, weā€™d all be going at it about her privilege if she had decided to share the trip. Not a justification, just airing thoughts

Reactions: 18
Didnt she have a miscarriage this year? Is that maybe what the commenters are referring to when they say sheā€™s had a tough year?
Sheā€™s had two miscarriages and a lot of issues with fertility - thatā€™s a lot for anyone let alone in a pandemic with limited support.

Reactions: 7
They never had any intention of not going on this trip, expect of course if there had been a general travel ban and no opportunity to fly. But other than that, Fleur had done everything to hide what they were up to and knew about it well in advance. Everything was calculated, from her Insta posts to the Christmas gifts video...they knew all the time it would attract criticism, because Fleur had seen it happen to others. But that still didn't stop her or Mike. It's the entitlement of it all.

Itā€™s the fact she says ā€œif you feel let downā€.

Feel? We are let down. How hard is it for her to say ā€œIā€™m sorry I let you down.ā€

The rules werenā€™t difficult to understand. Rapidly changing, yes, so go online and check the government website. Also, as the tiers were rapidly changing it was clear tit was hitting the fan.

She went abroad because she thought she could fly out unnoticed. She couldnā€™t drive to a holiday in the U.K. as the car might be stopped etc. Sneaky.

Why is she so desperate for a holiday? What makes her more entitled to one than other people?

And shame on her for editing the original post.

Last edited:
I haven't even finished reading her whole apology, but she's already saying she thought they were in Tier 2 when they were in Tier 3? Who the duck hops on a plane to travel with their whole family in the middle of a pandemic without even checking what tier you're in and therefore what the government advice is? And either way, even if they were in Tier 2, non-essential travel has been discouraged this whole time? I'm already not buying it

Reactions: 18
I haven't even finished reading her whole apology, but she's already saying she thought they were in Tier 2 when they were in Tier 3? Who the duck hops on a plane to travel with their whole family in the middle of a pandemic without even checking what tier you're in and therefore what the government advice is? And either way, even if they were in Tier 2, non-essential travel has been discouraged this whole time? I'm already not buying it
It's total BS from her. Just more lies. Lies upon lies. Unfortunately people are buying it.

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.