Fleur De Force #9 has an aversion to truffles since getting pregnant

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Enzo is very popular where I live.
it just reminds me of a Sesame Street or Muppets character even though it’s not 🤣

Reactions: 10
While I'm nowhere near as wealthy as the Bells (we rent a small apartment), I chose to pay multiple grand extra from our savings for my delivery so I could have a private room and my husband staying with me. Personally, this is so much more justifiable than buying a 400$ over a 80$ carrier, because I feel like I was so much more relaxed and able to bond with my baby, recover more easily etc. Obviously, many people can't afford this, but I'm just saying that in my opinion, Fleur has her priorities right.
I was in a public ward, and somehow still managed to bond with my baby 🤯

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
I just had my baby at an NHS hospital and can confirm the tea and toast after was 10/10.
Don’t think I’d have managed an afternoon tea 😂

Reactions: 14

I mean I personally feel the priority over paying that is owning a home. Renting a small apartment with a child is not ideal. Obv not knocking that if it's all you can afford but I wouldn't then take thousands from savings for the birth. It's like another thread on here. Prioritising 1000s on a holiday rather than their home.

ETA sorry I quoted the wrong poster.

Reactions: 9
Haha sorry, maybe I should have phrased that differently, and I obviously agree. What I meant was that having my husband there and no one else in the room made this time so much more comfortable and that it was worth spending this money (because we could, I know that's a privileged position) over "fancier" material things like a carrier where a "cheap" one works just as well.

I mean I personally feel the priority over paying that is owning a home. Renting a small apartment with a child is not ideal. Obv not knocking that if it's all you can afford but I wouldn't then take thousands from savings for the birth. It's like another thread on here. Prioritising 1000s on a holiday rather than their home.

ETA sorry I quoted the wrong poster.
I just mentioned the renting fact to put us into relation to Fleur. However, in my country, renting is very common and most people with children I know live in apartments as well. People who own a house here (even a "normal" house, not like the Bell family 🤣) usually inherited, are very well off or buy in their 40s/50s if at all. So we're not actively saving for a house and I'm not weighing buying a house vs. paying for a more comfortable birth.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Haha sorry, maybe I should have phrased that differently, and I obviously agree. What I meant was that having my husband there and no one else in the room made this time so much more comfortable and that it was worth spending this money (because we could, I know that's a privileged position) over "fancier" material things like a carrier where a "cheap" one works just as well.

I just mentioned the renting fact to put us into relation to Fleur. However, in my country, renting is very common and most people with children I know live in apartments as well. People who own a house here (even a "normal" house, not like the Bell family 🤣) usually inherited, are very well off or buy in their 40s/50s if at all. So we're not actively saving for a house and I'm not weighing buying a house vs. paying for a more comfortable birth.

Fair enough. Just in the UK it is a strange priority unless you have wealth like Fleur's.

Reactions: 4
I’m not sure how I feel about the name 🤔 it’s a good name but not really unique. Most in the U.S. probably still associate it with the vampire diaries show.

Reactions: 7
I come from a different country and here the name Enzo is more used by lower class and redneck-y people that want to sound exotic and are very much French with no tastes. You usually hear that name a lot in the bad neighbourhoods, whenever you see kids riding scooters wearing Lacoste tracksuits and fanny packs and smoking joints you can be sure that they are named Enzo 😅 So to me I hate that name with a passion and was very surprised when I saw that as in France it is possibly the least classy and posh name possible.

As for paying so much be in your own room, have pastries and be able to have your husband there is also very alien because you can have that here for free if you go to a good clinic and not the over crowded hospitals. You just need to pick an OBGYN that delivers in the clinic you want that's it. Sounds like such a waste of money but I also perfectly get the wanting to be alone in a room after giving birth, I know I would.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Haha I kind of guessed as much, I was just being pedantic🤣 I've friends who would also prioritise private rooms etc, in my head it was 2 or 3 days that's id have had to pay 3000+ for the privilege, it wasn't worth that to me, especially because I had my baby during the pandemic, and people who paid private weren't offered private rooms as these were kept for covid positive moms to isolate in!

Reactions: 2
While I'm nowhere near as wealthy as the Bells (we rent a small apartment), I chose to pay multiple grand extra from our savings for my delivery so I could have a private room and my husband staying with me. Personally, this is so much more justifiable than buying a 400$ over a 80$ carrier, because I feel like I was so much more relaxed and able to bond with my baby, recover more easily etc. Obviously, many people can't afford this, but I'm just saying that in my opinion, Fleur has her priorities right.
If I had her money I would 100% have private healthcare too, as I don’t necessarily think it’s a waste of money, but I also wouldn’t be begging companies for free tit on social media, and saying how I can’t justify the amount of buying things I wanted, when I was spending over £10k to give birth, which is obviously a massive luxury

Fair enough. Just in the UK it is a strange priority unless you have wealth like Fleur's.
I agree, prioritising a private room over owning a home in the UK is abit extreme to me personally, especially when the NHS provides fantastic care for free 🤷‍♀️
Also you can pay for private rooms in most NHS hospitals, the rate is around £100 a night where I live. Sometimes your circumstances will get you one for free even. Also most NHS hospitals let partners stay overnight pre-covid, not sure if they have gone back to that now or not though

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It is a basic private hospital room, very common all over Western Europe and the rates are the same (at least for birth package) I’m not at all at Fleur wealth level but I do have a private health insurance paid by my employer which allows me to choose private hospitals also for birth. It is not a must to be flinty rich to go there.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Would never have guessed Enzo. Really weird choice. Think she will regret it, big time. Shocked Mike approved it! But suspect middle name is Michael and he may go by that name when he is older. And am also curious about nickname situation as she can’t manage two syllable names without abbreviating. En? Zo? Zo-ey. Bizarre choice. Lindo wing C section is more like 20k btw. I had natural births there which were cheaper, but still 15k each around 5 -7 years ago. They charge you to breath in that place. Worth it? Depends what your priorities are- for Fleur it’s spare change and she wouldn’t have to think twice about it so why not? Her penny-pinching grabbiness when it comes to freebies is what irks me. I feel as though she is penny wise, pound foolish

Reactions: 15
I'm calling it, someone buys this kid a mini ferrari that he won't be able to use for years.

Don't love the name, don't hate it. I had assumed that River Wren would be followed by an equally English countrysidey name. I would reckon Mike had a big hand picking this one out ( couldn't believe how grey his hairs gotten in the instagram photos).

When she was pregnant with River, I was sure I had it sussed, I can't remember what was the clue but I remember thinking I had nailed it, I had predicted she would call her Fleuve, the french for river and also kind of a combination of Fleur's name and love. So I was right but just the completely wrong language

Reactions: 9
Very surprised with the name, maybe is not as popular in the UK but in Spain is very trendy at the moment, I thought she would go for something more whimsical 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I like the name Enzo but not for some rich white twats with no logical connection. It just doesn't fit. Especially not with Bell 💀

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
"It was you we were waiting for all along"... Ouch, poor River. I imagine she means it in terms of how she had a hard time surrounding pregnancies, but if I saw my parents had written that about my brother I'd be like "great, thanks, glad to be the first pancake" 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 34
"It was you we were waiting for all along"... Ouch, poor River. I imagine she means it in terms of how she had a hard time surrounding pregnancies, but if I saw my parents had written that about my brother I'd be like "great, thanks, glad to be the first pancake" 😂
It’s very clear what Fleur means, after the secondary infertility this boy means everything to them. River is obviously adored too!

Reactions: 25
I can't take the name seriously at all 😂😂😂 (no offence to any Enzo's who might be reading here). He's very cute though! Also I can't believe how grey Mike is.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.