Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hahahaha. I absolutely love that Fleur has gone abroad twice now and had to deal with drama on her phone while she wanted to relax by the pool. She will probably get some money from them for the breach of copy right. She can add that to all the other money she has. What a life.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
It's not a translation of "flower power", it's a play on words of "tour de force" which is a display of skill. "Pouvoir des fleurs" is flower power.

Reactions: 19
Oh it annoyed her that a magazine used "her" phrase for another Fleur? Good. No, in this case I don't care about her royal highness' rights or whatever. She should laugh it off and not have added the second story about her being annoyed. You're not Taylor Swift, sweetie. Oh, and nobody will confuse Fleur East with you.

OMG, she actually commented underneath Fleur East's post, what a passive-aggressive thing to do. What do you want Fleur, an apology from a black woman for having the audacity for having the same name?? I doubt SHE came up with the cover title.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
She tagged Fleur East in her IG stories in order that her band of sycophants would jump on Fleur East -which they did. What a witch move! Fleur East has nothing to do with the wording on the cover of the magazine. If Fleur is that bothered about it, she could have contacted the magazine privately or via her lawyers, instead of throwing a teenage strop about it on Instagram. I'm guessing she wanted a grovelling apology from Fleur East - and I'm glad (that as far as I can see) she didn't get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
She tagged Fleur East in her IG stories in order that her band of sycophants would jump on Fleur East -which they did. What a witch move! Fleur East has nothing to do with the wording on the cover of the magazine. If Fleur is that bothered about it, she could have contacted the magazine privately or via her lawyers, instead of throwing a teenage strop about it on Instagram. I'm guessing she wanted a grovelling apology from Fleur East - and I'm glad (that as far as I can see) she didn't get it.
This is absolutely what she wants and she won't stop until she gets it. That's why she tagged Fleur East, knowing full well that her followers would go attack her. She must be fuming that so far she's got nothing from Fleur E but a "Hey girl" :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It's disgusting that she's gone after Fleur and not the magazine. There are only about 15 comments on the magazine's post showing the front cover and loads on FE's.

Also - it's in print now, you absolute moron. What are they gonna do, sharpie out all the cover lines?

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She's so massively over-estimating her own fame and influence. Sweetie, you're not even on Zoella levels of fading fame and never were. She truly expected the magazine to contact her beforehand. And yes, she's awful for going after Fleur E. I'm sure if this had been Taylor Swift (I know, not possible due to the name) she would have seen it as a massive honor.

Reactions: 23
I just looked up this Fleur East situation and offffffff - not a good look for a white, upper-class woman gatekeeping the French language (not her native language) from a black woman and setting her audience off on the black woman.

Talk about total white privilege oppression that poor FE has to go up against all the time - white woman entitlement.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
I've just started following Fleur East, just because of this haha :-D And I'm glad to see she's still re-posting the cover in her stories (from other accounts). She can be proud of getting a cover like that and I hope Fleur won't succeed in bullying her into an apology. Fleur E literally just posted a video snippet of the interview, where she talks about her struggles as a black woman in the industry. But hey, let's all weep for Fleur because HER trademark was used on a cover. My God.

Reactions: 12
I just looked up this Fleur East situation and offffffff - not a good look for a white, upper-class woman gatekeeping the French language (not her native language) from a black woman and setting her audience off on the black woman.

Talk about total white privilege oppression that poor FE has to go up against all the time - white woman entitlement.
What's does her race have to do with it? I don't like Fleur at all, but 'fleurdeforce' has been her trademark for more than a decade at this point. She's well within her rights to be annoyed by this and where else is she going to complain but on Instagram?

Also, I think Fleur East's response on Instagram was a bit rude to be honest – but no one will call out a black woman for that, will they?

Reactions: 38
A white wealthy woman goes after a black woman. Why not after the magazine and leave comments on their instagram? It does have to do with race, trust me. Maybe not consciously, but many white women feel very comfortable ging after black people like this because they know they can get away with it (as your comment proves). Do you honestly think Fleur East created that cover and decided to use the phrase?? Really?
Also, in what way was Fleur East's response rude? Are you talking about her "hey girl" and heart emoji that she used? Sorry, that's reaching so far, it's almost laughable. And Fleur's comment was the epitome of politeness, yes? I'm sorry, but this is another example: when a black woman doesnt fall down on her knees, she's immediately deemed rude and/or aggressive. I'm begging you (and everyone else) to think about these types of thinking, because you CAN unlearn them.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
What's does her race have to do with it? I don't like Fleur at all, but 'fleurdeforce' has been her trademark for more than a decade at this point. She's well within her rights to be annoyed by this and where else is she going to complain but on Instagram?

Also, I think Fleur East's response on Instagram was a bit rude to be honest – but no one will call out a black woman for that, will they?
Race has everything to do with it. Because we're in an industry, a world, where black women are constantly ignored and put down and given fewer opportunities.

Fleur KNEW that by saying "lol, you got the wrong Fleur" that her stans would go over to FE's account and start harassing her. She COULDN'T, like so many white people out there, let a black woman have her moment - she had to piss all over it and remind the black woman that SHE is the original, the OG, the REAL THING.

Anyone with a smidgen of understanding of race relations and what black people have to put up with on a daily basis would know that this is TEXTBOOK knocking down of not just another woman (because internalised misogyny sees other women as competition) but also textbook white privilege - ie. remember, world, I'm BETTER than this person, I'M the real deal. Don't pay attention to this one, don't forget me, the REAL DEAL. It just screams every day racism and it's cringeworthy and shameful.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
What does it have to do with Fleur East really? She won’t have decided the cover. Probably discussed art/editorial direction and they’ll have run the final past her as a courtesy and she might think she signed it off but it’s unlikely she will have had either approval or veto rights. There’s every chance she will not have seen the final cover lines. These things are so prone to last minute tweaks.

FdF needs to take it up with the magazine and leave Fleur East alone or shut up altogether.

Reactions: 24
Fleur's followers shouldn't be attacking Fleur East but what is the point of paying for a trademark if a magazine will just use the phrase regardless. I'm not surprised FDF is annoyed but she should deal with this like an adult and speak to her lawyers before starting drama online.

Reactions: 16
Race has everything to do with it. Because we're in an industry, a world, where black women are constantly ignored and put down and given fewer opportunities.

Fleur KNEW that by saying "lol, you got the wrong Fleur" that her stans would go over to FE's account and start harassing her. She COULDN'T, like so many white people out there, let a black woman have her moment - she had to piss all over it and remind the black woman that SHE is the original, the OG, the REAL THING.

Anyone with a smidgen of understanding of race relations and what black people have to put up with on a daily basis would know that this is TEXTBOOK knocking down of not just another woman (because internalised misogyny sees other women as competition) but also textbook white privilege - ie. remember, world, I'm BETTER than this person, I'M the real deal. Don't pay attention to this one, don't forget me, the REAL DEAL. It just screams every day racism and it's cringeworthy and shameful.
THANK YOU. The fact that people react immediately hurt when pointing this out shows what a LONG way we all have to go until racial equality and overcoming everyday racism. And people ask why black people BEG for their lives to matter.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

But the magazine effectively stole Fleur's trademark...is she supposed to ignore that because it happened to be used on a cover that featured a black woman? Would it have been OK for her to call out a white woman? I have a pretty good understanding of race relations as a close member of my family is mixed race and I've seen first-hand the racism she has, and continues, to experience. I still don't see how bringing race into this situation is relevant. It sounds like you're just looking for a reason for Fleur to be racist (I know some people were going for that angle a few pages back...it seems that Fleur simply existing as a white woman makes her racist). There are a LOT of issues with Fleur, but her defending her legally protected trademark isn't one of them.

Reactions: 25
Again it's not a French phrase, as a few actual French people have said in the comments. It's a pun Fleur came up with replacing "tour". So the magazine probably is in the wrong. If it'd been the cover of Gardening Weekly and a bunch of flowers saying "fleur de force" would she have given 2 shits?

My issue is with her sarcy comment on Fleur's page instead of the magazine.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She wouldnt have gone after a white artist like that, I can guarantee you that. And again, why do you think she didn't go after magazine that publicly?

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.