Fleur De Force #6 To Buy or not Dubai

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes, I can see why it sounds... Different 😅

However, in my opinion, gender is a social construct. What you see in a scan are genitals, and whilst they will probably dictate the way the baby is brought up (clothes, pronouns, etc.) and define them as boy or girl for their whole life or for their first few years, they do not equate gender.
River could very well identify as a boy as she grows up.
This is my view on the subject and I wrote my comment according to it and life experience. I understand it is a very much debated subject and opinions differ on it.
I respect you have a different view but IMO society is putting far too much emphasis on sex & gender being different. I 100% agree that in some cases they are different but I really struggle with confusing young & vulnerable people. Sometimes tomboys are just tomboys. The age at which some children are undergoing medical intervention horrifies me.

Or dear lord can we not go down this road. It was a gender reveal, it revealed the gender, River is a girl. Now let’s all move along.
This a thousand times. Life doesn’t have to be more complicated than it already is.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I respect you have a different view but IMO society is putting far too much emphasis on sex & gender being different. I 100% agree that in some cases they are different but I really struggle with confusing young & vulnerable people. Sometimes tomboys are just tomboys. The age at which some children are undergoing medical intervention horrifies me.

This a thousand times. Life doesn’t have to be more complicated than it already is.
Gender identity is a complex topic and this isn't the place to discuss it. I only expanded on it because some questioned my wording.
I am very happy to move on from it as that wasn't even the main point of my original post.

Reactions: 13
Or dear lord can we not go down this road. It was a gender reveal, it revealed the gender, River is a girl. Now let’s all move along.
Absolutely agree. That’s a whole other can of worms if we’re going down the road of pronouns and gender vs sex. She’s a girl. Most of all she’s a child who will have no concept of anything other than enjoying her childhood.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I thought she wasn't actually trying to have a baby at the moment? She mentioned not that long ago that she was having blood tests to monitor her thyroid problem and it would only be once that was stabilised that she could start trying as until then there would be too much of a risk that she would miscarry again. I remember that she was disappointed in the video because her most recent results weren't as good as she had been hoping for and she wasn't given the go-ahead to try getting pregnant at that point. Thyroid issues are complicated and can take a long time to sort out, so there's not much point in her changing her lifestyle right now.

She did update quite a get times on the testing etc, each tine saying it wasn't going well but the last update I saw was where she said she had finally had some "good news" with her results.

Reactions: 3
She did update quite a get times on the testing etc, each tine saying it wasn't going well but the last update I saw was where she said she had finally had some "good news" with her results.
Oh, I didn't know that – I haven't been able to watch her at all since Dubai. Can't even hate-watch at this point!

Reactions: 9
Oh, I didn't know that – I haven't been able to watch her at all since Dubai. Can't even hate-watch at this point!

I am not sure how long ago it was. She hasn't updated again in a good while to my knowledge but I don't see all her stories.

So happy for Fleur that she can finally get away. It's been *such* a long time since she was on holiday. She's been stuck on that pokey little estate for months now without a break.

Screenshot_2021-06-03-09-34-40.png

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 34
Wow, off to a holiday they go!
What does she need to rest from now, choosing curtains or floors?

So happy for Fleur that she can finally get away. It's been *such* a long time since she was on holiday. She's been stuck on that pokey little estate for months now without a break.

View attachment 600996
She should really reconsider using so many anti-ageing products, they obviously don't work on her under-eye area.

Reactions: 7

View attachment 600996
Wow, I wonder if she will vlog it. Is it acceptable in the UK to travel again or is this another Dubai situation? Where I'm from there are still really strict rules regarding travel and not many people are vaccinated yet, so I hope she is going to stay in the UK.

Reactions: 6
I’d imagine they’re likely going to her family’s place in Portugal which I believe is on the UK’s green list meaning we can travel there freely (perhaps with a negative covid test Before flying but someone probs knows for sure and can confirm!)

• Wow
Reactions: 11
I’d imagine they’re likely going to her family’s place in Portugal which I believe is on the UK’s green list meaning we can travel there freely (perhaps with a negative covid test Before flying but someone probs knows for sure and can confirm!)
Don't know the requirements exactly but we can definetly travel to Portugal now.

Reactions: 4
Just because you can do something, doesn’t mean you (morally) should...

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I wonder whether she thought about whether to tell people or not, because its only recently that the Dubai drama has settled down, and most people (at least who I know) aren’t off on holiday yet, I guess I wonder if she’s expecting any criticism..? Or if she thought about not telling 🤣 but then imagine getting caught out twice!

I wonder if they've left already ? If it is Portugal then it 's rumoured Portugal is going to be taken off the 'green list' today !

• Wow
Reactions: 15
Anyone with an ounce of self awareness would realise it might be best to avoid holidays for a while after what she did.

Reactions: 14
They‘re driving so my guess is Cornwall
I wouldn’t be surprised if they drive to Portugal, I think they sometimes drive to Europe for skiing?

But equally I think going to Cornwall etc would be a good PR move in terms of looking relatable. And then going to Portugal sneakily and making sure she keeps a low profile at airports etc hahaha

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.