Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

gossipygertie

The latest vlog from Jamie is titled something like “getting the house ready to sell”.
Split must be very final.

Reactions: 3

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
Imho it was his crisis of faith and breaking away from the church
I think this as well. When they split up like a lot of other people if I had to pick a team I was more team Skylar than team Jamie - I didn't like her matchy matchy outfits and perfect looking world stuff, but Skylar lost me at the relationship with that Danna Montana. It was full on way too fast, and he introduced her into his kid's lives way too fast. It was icky putting stuff about it on their family channels. Jamie seems to have relaxed things and now seems to be more intentional about the kid's being individual - which she needed to do. Overall I also think that he is also only supposedly talking about the divorce because it's click bait and money. Both of them need to get real jobs.

Yes I 100% think the same, Skylar supported his brother and Jamie and her family called the shots. So very sad but in a way I'm happy for Skylar not to have to live in Jamie's shadow, having to walk on eggshells to placate her.

I actually thought it was a very well made video by Shay and his wife. They were respectful of the LDS church while equally getting their point across and maintaining an element of family privacy. I think this will have an impact on lots of viewers in a positive way.

lucylab

2 unemployed parents with 2 homes and household expenses. Where are they getting their money from other then youtube? I thought Jamie was possibly over the video taping (hence divorce) but she seems to have revved it up lately. They disgust me .

I suspect that skylar is gay
I didn't dare to write that, but I'm pretty sure he is too... That's not easy, when you are Mormon. Poor boy.

I hate speculating about people’s lives. But this is so wild because of what they’ve shown us about their attentiveness to each other and to their family. They’re clearly functional and loving. I have a feeling that this is a heart breaking situation for both of them relating to their intimate life. Jamie was pregnant, on bed rest, recovering, had a hysterectomy, surgery for diastesis recti, was there one also for prolapse? That’s a really long time for their intimacy to be strained on top of everything else. Whatever it is... I hope they’re both able to find peace with the situation.
I have a feeling you are right.. who can blame them.. I'm sure sex have very little room in a busy life like they have.. and after hearing more and more about Mormon upbringing, and purety culture.. a lot of couples have big problems in that department.. I sure it's tempting to go elsewhere to get what you don't get at home.. not that that's ok.. but I can understand him..
I'm speculating offcourse.. I say all this in general really, cos I love them.. .. if your sex life isn't good, or worse, non existing.. you almost should be allowed to find that some other place. I think would tell my husband to go out and get it somewhere,if I wasn't interested to give him sex at all.. I wouldn't deny him a sex life.
But who knows this is not of our business 🙈 . Maybe she is an sex addict too.. we can't know!
It's just sad if this is the end of a beautiful couple. They seems so loving to one another too..

Last edited:

katemess

I’ve never followed this family closely, but I appreciate the announcement they’ve made with such little fanfare and no clickbaiting. I hope for their sake that they are able to work it out, but I think that if they are at the stage of announcing it after a several month hiatus, it is likely to be a done deal.

gossipygertie

I think it says a lot that the split must be pretty acrimonious if they need to have separate birthday parties for the quints. Must be bad vibes.

Even when my ex and I split, there was some not great times but despite this we still had one birthday party for each kid and we both came and were adults who got along and made a special occasion for our kid with both of us there.

I still cant get over how these two constantly need someone with them helping with the little ones.
the older the quints get the more it stands out. If anything I think it’s good for kids to learn to wait there turn and just have patience if mum or dad is busy doing something else.

Alf

I was completely shocked by the news!! Never expected it, but just shows that what appears on the screen is never always the truth behind the scenes 🤷‍♀️ wish them all the best though.

gossipygertie

I sometimes watch Jamie, but she is hard to relate to because she tries too hard to project a perfect persona.
I am glad the kids have Skylar and will have the non-Mormon experience and views to balance out their time with Jamie.

Catt

It’s interesting reading people’s perspectives on this, I personally don’t see anything strange with Whitney being there as she has been a big help all the way through plus it was Skylar’s birthday and she is his niece after all.

I don’t think they exploit their kids, especially not like a certain autism father who is constantly filming. At least the Scott’s vlogs are only twice a week.

gossipygertie

Skylar has announced he is going to stop vlogging and his final one will be this Sunday.
Maybe he has a real job now.

• Wow

nahthankx

Iam confused by what shay was trying to tell us. Is he saying he is gay? Or trans? Or non binerary?

I mean what has actually changed for shay? What was it that he was hiding all these years? His life appears exactly the same as before.. He dresses the same and is still
married. So what is better for him now..
I think he's trying to claim he has gender dysphoria? Because he was a little bit more feminine when he was a kid? I'm not toally sure. I think it's a baby step in to something bigger. and they wanted to leave the church, so it's a way to do that.

I think in a short time, more will come out and they will separate.
Or it's all bullshit and he's trying to claim he's something he's not?

I just read that on his page, I think he has done the right thing for the kids. Wish him all the best. I don't really watch Jaime.
Me either I find her very judgemental and needy . Plus the LDS stuff is WAY TOO WEIRD for my liking . I'm glad Skyler escaped and is able to heal from his life of indoctrination

Puppet

VIP Member
I love how when they're with their dad they just look like 'normal' kids. There is something weird about dressing them all in identikit prarie outfits. Its really quite creepy to make them all so squeaky clean and perfect, they're 4 for goodness sake! They should already have found their own little identities and their likes and dislikes with clothing now. I know I had some very strong opinions about what I wore at their age!
I agree. I always thought the social media stuff was more Skyler's decision, and Jamie just wanted to be a mum. But having watched since they seperated it seems like although he enjoys filming and sharing their life he actually wants them to be normal children, where as Jamie wants perfect children who pose for instagram photos and always look perfect. Look at the difference here. They're just spending time in their back gardens, there's no need for the matching white outfits, it's ridiculous.

1649946060117.png

1649946228327.png

Meisify2

VIP Member
I never thought they fitted together as a couple anyway. She’s very prim and proper and is very strict with the kids routines and looks and is calm and quiet (not saying that’s a bad thing, I actually admire they way she bought up 5 babies) but slyer is hyper and loud and less into routines and more laid back. I think the difference in personality just tore them apart in the end

scoobie

VIP Member
What a complicated divorce that's going to be. And their older boys have already had such tumultuous changes in their lives since Jamie's pregnancy.

It's probably poor taste for me to speculate but still, I'm so intrigued about the circumstances of the separation. After the shock of the Gardner Quad Squad scandal it does have me wondering about the things they don't show.

nahthankx

So I watched the latest vlog and saw aforementioned tatt but then wondered how Mormon the two older boys are or if they are checking out too? I mean dad does make life seem more fun.
Shayden is coming up on Missionary age. It'll be interesting if he chooses to go on a mission or not.

nahthankx

New vlog out from the Great Scotts (Shay and Amanda). Interesting (and somewhat odd) that Skylar is mentioned twice as a father/ single parent of quintuplets rather than a father of 7 kids? Amanda to her credit did mention Jamie - but Shay did not. I think that we've all guessed that Jamie wouldn't be on board with the whole transgender thing giving that she has stayed in the Mormon faith - that's her right to do so though. (Oh and I still think that Shay will get to a point where she wants to be in a relationship with a man and will dump an incredibly heart broken Amanda at that point - Amanda is Shay's comfort blanket at the moment)
Shaye could be a transgender female who is lesbian...just because she's female doesn't mean she will automatically want to be with men. If anything it's Amanda who has outwardly expressed herself as "straight" so maybe she wont want to be with a woman?
It's complicated I'm sure.

• Wow