Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Puppet

VIP Member
I thought the exact same as you. That it was Skylar pushing it all. But Jamie just seems to want perfect cookie cutter children, it seriously creeps me out.
Although separations are difficult, especially in the public eye. I think this could be the making of Skyler. He's been able to show a completely different side to himself, and is giving the quints the chance to express their personalities. I still don't like the exploitation of their children, but the split has definitely shown me that Jamie wasn't opposed to it, like I first thought.

Reactions: 5
Yes I saw that as well, and maybe Skylar left the church as well? I applaud his brother and family for leaving and speaking out about it. With Skylar it would make sense for the split with his wife Jamie(?) if he also left.

NightAndDay

I always thought the house Jamie is in that they actually bought that house. I remember their previous house was rented for a short time but I really thought they bought the house Jamie lives in.

taychica2009

I made an account here just to write how shocked I am by this news. I’ve never seen two people who seemed so in love, so sweet to one another, so gentle. This truly breaks my heart for them and their kids.
I don’t think Skylar is gay, although I can see why you might think that.
I wonder if it’s a secret addiction of some kind.

Courtleigh

I hate speculating about people’s lives. But this is so wild because of what they’ve shown us about their attentiveness to each other and to their family. They’re clearly functional and loving. I have a feeling that this is a heart breaking situation for both of them relating to their intimate life. Jamie was pregnant, on bed rest, recovering, had a hysterectomy, surgery for diastesis recti, was there one also for prolapse? That’s a really long time for their intimacy to be strained on top of everything else. Whatever it is... I hope they’re both able to find peace with the situation.

Tobi

I was looking at the photos Jamie posted on Instagram of coloring Easter eggs. That's was so posed, it was painful to look at. All white dresses and clean white cups on a spotless counter top, with her in her Dorothy dress. I suspect life at dad's will be like a breath of fresh air.

Loouie

So the newest update, he's got a very pretty new young girlfriend. Who has never been married and no children. Also a vlogger, God it's awful.... I guess there's potential there to keep the money flowing in from not actually working. New wife, more babies, more circus.
Still find it appalling making a,living off sharing every intimate detail.

• Wow

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
Good to see Jamie back with little grandma.

seems to be okay with the vlogging after all.
Vlogging is income. Shame on both her and Skylar for keeping on doing it - even if their separation has been amicable, it is still a traumatic situation for the kids to process and get used to. It makes them using their kids for income still, even more unacceptable.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
As much as I really don't want to support their channel, I'm also curious to see where he goes with things. I hated the old fashioned matching outfits, so it is refreshing to see them look like more normal 4 year olds with him. When they were together they seemed to have a really strict routine even as the kids got older (down to ridiculous stuff like outdoor play only being at scheduled times), but there were also elements of their parenting that was really slack - particularly pulling them up on bad behaviour e.g. the boys destroying their room, and ripping books. Maybe both of them are better parenting separately - if things are poles apart though it may be a hard adjustment for the kids (and I still hugely object to them being used for income). When I watched their channel I had a soft spot for Violet - she is very intelligent and seems more individual than the two boys and her two sisters.

Sooey706

I wi
I wonder if Jamie gave Skylar and ultimatum that if he stayed in contact and supported shay then it would bring shame up on their family within the Mormon community? And they have a big disagreement and he left and they split up
It seems likely, everything is very separate, her with her family, skylar with his. He He has helped with the quints since they were tiny and she's never seen with Jamie now. It's all rather sad if that's the reason for the split... What will happen if one of children come out as gay or something? Would Jamie disown them?

gossipygertie

Hmmm……looking like we won’t be seeing Jamie anytime soon - if ever.

At the very least I always through this couple was a bit of a personality mismatch. He seems very outgoing, chatty, studied drama, she seems like and introvert and more conservative. When you get together very young, I know these differences can become more of an issue as you get older.

Greyhound girl

In my opinion Jamie was flirting with the camera/crowd a little much in the last video I watched with her buying flowers

Reactions: 4

Dori82

I understand your view Mrs S but I think they are better and more respectful than a lot of vloggers out there, they don’t ram a videocamera in their kids face 24/7 and it’s just a small snippet of a day.

As their split had shown, who knows what happens behind closed doors they may have to go back to work and i am sure there will come a day where the kids will say the don’t want to be filmed
Curious to know why you think they are not exploiting their children for an income. If the children were not in the vlog do they still have content and a vlog????? No is the answer so therefore thats very clear that the children are being used as an income and they have done for nearly 4yrs now. That is simply exploiting their children. I respect you opinion but sadly they are just as bad as another other family vlogger.

The Mormon church and the mass exodus of said church absolutely fascinating to me, coming from the Church of England, where faith is very low key and private... mormons blow my mind.

I think that's a very distinct possibility. If Skylar is gay, and has left the church... that's a nail in the coffin. From what I could tell, it seems like his family is 'less' mormon that Jamies'. Jamie's grandma is younger than mine by over a decade, and I'm only 23. So evidently their family has done the 'get married early, have babies - repeat cycle', or her grandmother would not be in her 80s. That's a very mormon thing to do, from what I can tell. It's just a theory... but I think it makes sense.
I feel this has something to do with Mormonism and faith crises ...
And it is strange to see his side of the family now is in the vlogs.." He he" has been there alot, but not so much anyone else... And Jamie's family is now back in the vlogs too.. maybe it's just a coincidence, but I don't think so. Some conflict must have been there, between their families.
I feel so bad for all those children... But if Skylar has left the cult, I'm all in , then he do open up the children's life to a better future... It's strange though, cos they just keep smiling to their camera, but must go through a really hard time, all if them.
They should stop vlogging their children now, they can both work at least 50% now..and maybe do something with their channel that doesn't show the kids.
They don't seems to like it very much eighter.
But He have bought this new beautiful home now . And she lives in the "old" one.. there must be other income in the mix here too, I think. ... Cos their vlogs doesn't make them that much money?
What do you think?

lucylab

Did anyone else notice how the lady from the church who was constantly at their house helping with the kids (she used to do sing and sign with the kids) suddenly disappeared and was never mentioned again? Wonder if something happened with her and Skylar?
Hmm...good point. I get the vibe that Jamie is fine with how things are now . She doesn’t seem upset or depressed. No wedding ring in sight yet Skyler is still wearing his. My bet is that she wanted out and that could have been because of his unfaithfulness or his desire to never go back to a real job.
I find it so fascinating that all their videos portrayed a couple in a strong marriage and very much in love when behind the scenes it was all a bunch of b.s. And those poor kids , especially the older sons, being on camera and forced to act like everything was perfect when in reality it was anything but.

mfch

She did not say religion had nothing to do with it. It absolutely did. He had a crisis of faith and is no longer Mormon. That would be a big deal for Jamie regardless.
He also supported his sister transitioning. That's a massive deal. LDS aren't exactly trans positive!!!

I do not think Skylar is gay and I think it's really problematic to speculate about people's sexuality anyway. I also think he's been absolutely inappropriate with what he has shared and how he has behaved, the fast relationship, all of it. He is not blameless at all.

Ultimately they are incompatible. Neither is a bad person for that. The only thing that makes them 'bad' is monetizing their children on the internet.

twinzmom

I don’t know how to say this but I’ll try. I can’t imagine what is so unbearable to split up with 7 kids to raise. Im not saying in a callous way but life isn’t easy together let alone apart. I wish them all the best in their journey to find the right answers.

Campervanfan

I love how when they're with their dad they just look like 'normal' kids. There is something weird about dressing them all in identikit prarie outfits. Its really quite creepy to make them all so squeaky clean and perfect, they're 4 for goodness sake! They should already have found their own little identities and their likes and dislikes with clothing now. I know I had some very strong opinions about what I wore at their age!

I also don't quite understand why they've kept Violets hair short? This has been bugging me for quite some time. Why let the other two grow it out and leave her with a bob? It seems rather alienating, especially since Vivi has dark hair, she fully looks like the odd one out.
Violet looks like her dad the most,all the others resemble mom.

gossipygertie

It has always struck me that Jamie gets overwhelmed quite quickly and easily, and constantly needs back up.
I think it will be the best thing for those kids to have their parents not together, they will get to choose what life they want to lead more freely.