Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Lewlew

Heather? Do you mean Whitney and Landon. Shayden is the oldest brother

I was always doubtful that Jamie would be posting on Wednesdays. She just seems like she has wanted privacy for her family and certainly not set them up for scrutiny. Did anyone else find it strange that Skylar seemed so nervous in his last post and that he also had Heather AND Shay with him? Heather seemed nervous, too. My heart goes out to Jamie.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
There was a new vlog, they've come out and have had facial feminisation surgery. She/they said they are comfortable with all pronouns.
Just went and watched their latest couple of vlogs. Don't slam me for saying this, but I think that Shaye is clinging onto Amanda for support at the moment, but when Shaye becomes more comfortable and confident in who they are, Amanda will get dumped for a guy.

nahthankx

Jamie does these live videos every week and around the 35 minute mark on the newest she starts answering questions about Skylar and Shaye's transition etc...
you can tell she's soooo anti skylar and his family now.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
@MrsSlocombe yeah I agree, I think he is exploring his sexuality and identity and can do so fully now he has left the church, but is just at the beginning and very confused. I think he probably will land on being gay.

It makes total sense that Skylar is there for him. I think I remember him saying he is the oldest child and then Shay is one of the youngest, and they had always been very close.

I do get the vibe that Jamie’s family is pretty devout.
I guess at the moment that as much as having gender dysphoria is huge for his marriage, it would potentially be more salvagable that coming out as gay - his wife is now married to someone who is non-binary (which is still obviously huge to get her head around), rather than she is actually married to a man who is gay. Whatever happened with Skylar and Jamie's marriage, if it ended because he wanted to support his brother, then I respect him for doing that (As much as I totally disagree with him using the novelty of quintuplets for income). I hope that Shay's wife (can't remember her name) is getting good support - the whole non-binary thing is a bit trendy these days (don't slam me lol) and there is a big focus on support for people living with their true identity and transitioning (as there should be), however there is also a wife whose life has been torn apart. He has to be whoever he is, and he shouldn't have to pretend to be someone he isn't, but there are as many impacts on her as there are him. Not to mention their three kids.

gossipygertie

I agree he didn’t really think that through properly. Hopefully he has learnt something for next time. I got the impression from Dana’s vid that she was angry with “that person!”

gossipygertie

Yeah it is going to be fascinating to see how they all evolve over the next few years - Skylar, Shay, Amanda, Jamie and even Shayden.

gossipygertie

Jamie’s sister Katie is a single mother too. I guess statistically speaking she is probably divorced too as apposed to widowed.

LNDR

It really is a fascinating religion.

Mormon marriages are different from most marriages because they are considered eternal. If a husband and wife are sealed together in the temple, they can be together on into the celestial kingdom. However, the church does have a process for annulment and sees divorce as an unfortunately necessary evil.

I do wonder what this means for Jamie going forward. Will she be shunned by her community? It is so rare to hear mormons divorce.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
Yeah it is going to be fascinating to see how they all evolve over the next few years - Skylar, Shay, Amanda, Jamie and even Shayden.
I hope that we don't get to find out. Skylar and Jamie need to stop using the quints for income - they need to stop vlogging. Surely they both have other jobs now - one vlog a week each can't fully support two households? I also think that Skylar and Jamie are going to have huge problems with the quints once they get old enough to realise that the novelty of their multiple birth was used to support their family for years. They have been sold out by their parents.

gossipygertie

And who would want to take 5 five year olds into a church to hope they sit quite for a whole ceremony. Not fair to the bride and groom.

The special undies always amazes me!

mfch

I hope he's up to something worthwhile- not that I think reassimilation would be- poor Jamie is doing an awful lot on her own and doesn't seem to have much money. Meanwhile Skylar was taking that awful Danna woman on holidays and is now apparently in Costa Rica.

I wasn't a Jamie fan but Skylar is seeming pretty deadbeat.

Hers

It might also be some family issues as we have rarely seen Skylar's parents or other family members around except for Whitney..

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
Yeah, Dana was clearly a rebound relationship for Skylar. So common for people to split from their long term partner and go on a shag fest. I mean good on him, I just wish he did it privately (but then we wouldn’t know!). Apparently on her channel she was filming them in bed, just napping or something (didn’t watch myself saw comments to that effect) - but yuk!!!!
If I was one of the older boys I would want to poke my eyes out! But I guess they seem close!?
---
Meanwhile in Jamie’s latest YouTube vid, she is wearing a gingham overall type dress with red head band and the girls have the matching gingham dresses with red bows and they have all just got home from Church.
It is very apparent that she and Skylar are chalk and cheese, very different people. Makes total sense they are not together!

(BTW- I say this with no judgement of Jamie, she seems like a lovely person who would make a solid friend. I love how she has been doing all the home renos lately).
I think that the shag fest was totally expected - even more so given that he used to be a conservative Mormon who probably never had sex until he got married. It was just unacceptable that he introduced her into his kid's lives so quickly.

gossipygertie

I still think the divorce was to do with him standing by his Brother, now Sister Shay. He left the church and stood by Shay and because Jamie could never accept it divorce was the only option.
errr no!
Did you watch Jamie’s recent vlog about why she choose to divorce? She was quite clear and open and said religion had little to do with it.

Sooey706

He is on a whole “eat pray love” type phase, of discovering personal growth and alternative modalities, that I find many people go through in their 30s, but I have been there and done that myself about 14 years ago and I find listening to other people’s experiences now boring.

I think it’s unfair he kept all the five to love YouTube subscribers and in the future the quints will have to scroll through tones of his vids about his drug trippin’ navel gazing to see the vids of when they were babies.

I wonder if he is working in his previous profession again?

I believe he has taken all the old videos of the kids off his channel. Maybe he's realised how much those kids have been exploited. Jamie needs to do the same, talking about the kids having headlice, her in her swimming costumes and now advertising hearing aids. It's boring, bet their views are rapidly declining.

Loouie

It really is a fascinating religion.

Mormon marriages are different from most marriages because they are considered eternal. If a husband and wife are sealed together in the temple, they can be together on into the celestial kingdom. However, the church does have a process for annulment and sees divorce as an unfortunately necessary evil.

I do wonder what this means for Jamie going forward. Will she be shunned by her community? It is so rare to hear mormons divorce.
How does that work if they want to remarry if it's eternal?