Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Catt

It just made me feel quite sad to see skylar celebrate his big 40 without Jamie.

Reactions: 1

nahthankx

In some of the recent vlogs when Jamie has the quints she mentions they have all been to church. I think the quints go sometimes maybe, But taking quint preschoolers can’t be that fun either, so doesn’t surprise me she is not insisting!
But it does feel to me that the older boys don’t go. Landon’s new hair doesn’t look very Mormon compatible and Shayden lives with Skylar full time so seems unlikely he goes.
We will know if he does if he goes on a mission or not lol

nahthankx

New video from Jamie. She obviously has not appreciated Skylar's videos.
The comment about the ten acres in Waco and homesteading was so interesting. I know that wasn't the turning point but it seems like Skylar wanted to run off to some place and live this certain lifestyle that she didn't.

Catt

Gosh this is depressing the most recent video- selling their houses etc, why they're divorced. It's really sad.

And Skyler confirmed he's had a 'crisis of faith' and is no longer Mormon. That's got to be a huge part of why they split up.
Yeh I agree i also think that was the reason they split.
The kids seem very good at adapting they have moved so many times

scoobie

VIP Member
errr no!
Did you watch Jamie’s recent vlog about why she choose to divorce? She was quite clear and open and said religion had little to do with it.
I watched it and didn’t think she was particularly believable. Being LDS, your marriage has everything to do with religion. As does your divorce. They sealed an eternal, celestial covenant. When she said they were on different paths in life I’m sure it went far deeper than disagreements about where to live or how to educate your children. I don’t think either of them have been completely transparent about the reasons behind the divorce.

gossipygertie

I do feel like for many women the whole “homesteading” lifestyle would be a massive trap into constant hard work and playing strict traditional gender roles, while being isolated to a large extent on your rural property.

I don’t know if anyone follows fellow Mormon Ballerina Farm, but look at them. Mum constantly pregnant, making bread, butter from scratch, a pack of kids constantly under foot. Constantly cooking food and milking cows. Meanwhile dads off doing proper man farmer stuff, like tending to the hogs.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
Okay, I called it! They are splitting the social media accounts.
It's about time - they are such completely different people now and also the whole sharing a channel even though they were divorced seemed weird. On the surface Skylar seems to have come out of it better getting their youtube and instagram? Youtube particularly must have been their money making channel - I hope that Jamie still has an agreement to get half the money from vlogs up to the agreement of the social media split? Her vlogs as well actually developed over time and some of them were interesting family channel content - Skylar's jump all over the place and lack structure (point in case the most recent one making the announcement). Was it meant to be edgy? It just looked chaotic? He always had someone editing the vlogs for them - perhaps the chaotic is him doing it himself? I really liked one of Jamie's recent vlogs when she talked about the kids all choosing their own outfits and Violet getting a special jersey just for her. Finally! I hated the perfect matchy matchy outfits.

gossipygertie

Holy, now Dana has a new dude, far too soon for her to be in Skylers kids lives. So confusing for them.
She seems to have had 3 different boyfriends in the last year and is pretty flighty, and airy fairy, living in some altered reality. Not the kind to settle down in deep Mormon land with seven kids and a mini bus!

The cynic in me can’t help but think the relationship with Skylar was purely cross promotional with some shagging thrown in on the side as a bonus.

Loouie

So does Skylar have a new girlfriend? I refuse to watch his vlogs lol, but he seems to have a woman in the thumbnail? Hopefully he hasn't rushed into inserting her into his kid's lives like he did with the two minute wonder Dana Montana.
Her name is Michelle and he says she's his friend, they got pedicures today....girlfriend for sure.

Eliza-Ann

Chatty Member
It seems likely, everything is very separate, her with her family, skylar with his. He He has helped with the quints since they were tiny and she's never seen with Jamie now. It's all rather sad if that's the reason for the split... What will happen if one of children come out as gay or something? Would Jamie disown them?
Is Shay, Skylar's brother?

I use to follow them but not so much now, so needed to check.

MrsSlocombe

VIP Member
So does Skylar have a new girlfriend? I refuse to watch his vlogs lol, but he seems to have a woman in the thumbnail? Hopefully he hasn't rushed into inserting her into his kid's lives like he did with the two minute wonder Dana Montana.

Mom2seven

I dont think Skylar is gay at all. My first thoughts were maybe going to far with a fan/fans or Jamie just being so uptight or maybe just rightfully angry and upset.
I always wondered why they constantly had all the help they did and how that had to be affecting their relationship. Up until late last year they constantly had someone with them. I know many other families with multiples that just made it work and seemed to be doing fine, but who really knows. I really think they just grew apart after all of that time away and then all the help. They were prob just getting to a point where they could survive having the kids alone and then split.

I was actually so shocked to hear him say they were separated! Didn't see it coming, although Jamie often seems a bit distant/forced in the vlogs. I wonder if it is a trial or it is a done deal.
My thoughts are the trial was the couple months off youtube and it's a done deal now. I don't think they'd make it public unless they were sure.

Mom2seven

Imagine being a preschooler, falling asleep in the car, being woken up and brought into the house where your Dad now lives, and then having a camera jammed in your face because your father needs to earn some money. I'm going with the assumption that Jamie was fed up with the vlogs and told her husband to get a job yet he refused. Yes, 5 kids plus 2 older ones are a handful but there is no need for both parents to be home 24/7. Why does Skyler need help to redo a playroom? Is there a reason he needs another adult around when he has the kids. I also feel incredibly sorry for the 2nd oldest son who always has a smile on his face and is so helpful to his siblings yet things must be so hard for him watching his parents marriage implode.
I agree I would think it was weird that Whitney was there with him- almost like supervised visitation, but they have spent the quints whole lives like this. They always need help to the point that it seems above and beyond. I bet Jamie has help as well. Maybe Whitney is going back and forth between the two.

nahthankx

Yeah I remember Jamie was looking to rent and then said her parents helped her buy that house.
---
And they had that massive caravan trailer, presumably they sold it.
it seems like the caravan actually goes back and forth with the kids...so whoever has the kids that day, has the van?