First Love

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My first love was my first real girlfriend, when I was sixteen and she was seventeen. We met online so I suppose it wasn’t a ‘real’ relationship but it was the only time I genuinely felt loved and happy and like I wasn’t so much of a screw up. We were together for about a year and she split up with me because she ”would rather suck dick” 🥴, she went to uni and found a boyfriend straight away. We don’t speak now because every time she’s gotten in touch with me she starts accusing me of trying to steal her away from her boyfriend and interfere with her relationship (even though she’s the one contacting me?) - although it doesn’t take away from how happy I was then, I only ever remember the positive stuff.

I haven’t dated since then, though, I don’t feel confident enough to try.

Still with him 🤣 started going out Christmas night 1993! I was 14 he was 15 who says romance is dead haha

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I was 13 and she was 14. I had no idea I had lesbian inclinations back then. But OMG she was so clever, and funny and pretty that I was totally besotted by her. So much so that we "dated" for about 4 or 5 months, and despite her age she taught me a great deal!

However, I think she got bored of me and moved on to someone else. I was crushed, but I still remember with great fondness those innocent days.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
My first love was in my class at primary school and I had a little crush on him then 🤣 we went to different secondary schools and bumped into each other when we were sixteen. We sent texts, and chatted over the phone as friends for a while after that but I was falling for him big time. When we met up properly again after school I told him how I felt and he said he felt the same way. He didn't though really, as he had a girlfriend already but forgot to mention that! I was heartbroken, and felt so bad for his girlfriend too.

My “first love”, I was 15 and we started dating in school, i had his time table and he had mine so we would meet after classes etc and it was all very cute and lovely... we stayed together until we were about 21... I’m 30 now. We grew apart, wanted different things in life.. I went to Spain for a summer and he got together with a girl I knew! Was so very weird, as we had all been out at parties together etc so I’ve always wondered did she like him then when she knew he was with me... but it doesn’t really matter, they are married with two kids and I wish them all the best though I never see or talk to them and don’t have them on my social media. I’m with my boyfriend now 3 years, have a house and a wee cat. I wouldn’t be attracted to my first love at all now, and no feelings whatsoever even though we went through a miscarriage. I guess it was just young love, we grew up and grew apart.

My first love just crossed my mind so I came to see if there was a thread - loved reading your stories!

Mine was when I was 15/16, we were together about 2 years and I know at that age it gets written off as puppy love but I do believe it was real love.

My dad passed away which was really tough and we ended up breaking up but stayed friends. Eventually lost touch. I'm 29 now he is 30.

I've had boyfriends since who I don't think of in the same way now - e.g. for them it's no hard feelings, wish you well, door closed. However I do still have a soft spot for my first love. He crosses my mind once in a while and I wonder what if. It's an odd feeling as obviously I am over it now it's been so long, and I'm not sat here pining for him. But we had a connection that I haven't really felt since - sounds so cheesy I know. :ROFLMAO:

I guess you can always have a soft spot for your first love. But who knows what he's like now, I have no intention of contacting him as the last I heard he is married now.

Taking this as my first proper head over heels in love, who was never actually my boyfriend.

Met at school, he knew I had a crush on him and he played that a bit if I'm honest. Would come round to my house to use Sky, Internet etc. (this was the late 90s so Very Cool). We'd watch movies and chat a lot, mainly about girls he fancied (yes, I know....). He kept telling me that I had a great personality but it's a shame my looks didn't match. Then I got a bit fed up waiting for him I suppose and ended up getting a boyfriend. One day he tried to kiss me but I'm quite a loyal person and refused to as I was dating another guy. This happened towards the end of school and things looked like they might happen then....nothing. We both ended up at the same college but hardly saw each.

He's since emigrated but on a visit home about ten years ago he asked to meet up. By then I had been with now DH for about 4 years so met up. It was nice, we caught up with each other and he did offer an apology for how he had treated me. We're friends on Facebook but hardly interact beyond liking a few "life" posts.

He's now married to quite a plain looking girl and seems happy. I must admit I did feel a bit odd when he got married but nothing more. DH is bloody brilliant and there's absolutely no-one I'd consider leaving him for (perhaps Cillian Murphy but like that will ever happen, haha!).

It's been nice to write this down actually.

Reactions: 5
Married him, still together. I knew him all my life ( our mothers were friends ). I wasn't really keen on him because he hung around with a group I had nothing in common with but we lived near each other so knew one another fairly well. I went through a tough time in my teens and out of everyone he was the one person who was there for me through it all. I saw a completely different side to him and fell head over heels. We've been together 25 years next Saturday ( we still celebrate that every year ) and I'm still pinching myself I got so lucky.

• Heart
On holiday when I was 16 and he was 19. It didn’t last, he lived abroad and I had an eating disorder and shut him out completely. I ended things and it was a really sad breakup because nobody had done anything wrong we both loved each other very much. He was a really genuine and nice guy.
I’d love to see him again, I hope he is happy.

Reactions: 1
Still with him 🥰🥰 We were in the same year group at school. We were total opposites, he was a bit of a tearaway and I was the quiet one who never said boo to a goose. We didn't belong to the same friendship groups and if I'm honest, I didn't particularly even like him. He always used to tease me and block corridors so I couldn't get through, make me late to lessons, poke fun at me etc. We went to different colleges and didn't speak for ages, we then randomly got chatting via FB. He sort of became my best friend! He then used to purposely catch a later bus home so that he'd be on the bus when I finished. 🤣 He'd walk me from the bus stop to my house every day, then eventually we sort of just ended up together? There was never any "will you be my girlfriend" sort of thing. Now I look back on it, I'm glad it happened the way it did as it makes it feel like it was just meant to be. We've been together over 7 years now.
We now laugh at the fact I thought he was an idiot at school. He says the teasing me was because he liked me all along and didn't know how else to act 🤣

• Heart
My first girlfriend was called Valerie. Met her as classmates at my local comprehensive school in the early 80s. She was very shy and demure (as was I) given that we were both around 13/14. But she was great at mathematics, and helped me out with my quadratic equations, algebra and geometry!

I actually found the courage to invite her out after one particular lesson, and she said "yes". And for about 6 months we went to the local park, river and fun fair. We only ever kissed at random because we weren't all that sure how to kiss :unsure:

But after 6 months we quickly realised we weren't really made for each other - she was the introvert to my extrovert. Good times though.

School .Age 13 ,together until 21 on and off and hell no.I wasn’t attracted to them then

Married mine! Met at a disco when I was 18 and he was 17. Knew that might he was something special. Together 17 years, married 11 this year and have 2 lovely children ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I met my first love when I was 18 and was involved with him for 5 years.

I’m 30 now and have ended up in a relationship with his best friend... it’s weird sometimes as they can be quite similar and it means I hear a lot about him. He had a baby recently and my boyfriend called me to tell me, then showed me pictures without asking whether I wanted to see them.

It did lead to a bit of a ‘could it have been me’ crisis, especially as my boyfriend doesn’t want children, but the only thing I feel when I think about him is nostalgia. We were so young! We had a lot of good times but there was nothing real about it.

Met on holiday at 14. We were from different parts of the country, after the holiday kept in touch for a couple of years until that fizzled out. Grew up had kids and my relationship with kids dad ended. About a year later by pure chance got in touch on social media with my holiday love. Met up about 12 years after first meeting and fell in absolute love again only for him to have turned into a total psycho. Sometimes these things are best left as a happy memory lol never again!

• Heart
Met at 20, fell in love, we dated casually for a few months and he broke my heart. It's about 15 years ago and I still think about him, I google him occasionally to see what he's up to. I know he's married with kids now. Haven't seen him in about 10 years but would love to. Maybe I'll write a longer post on it here some day when I have time and feel able.

I loved those few months at the time, but the memories are very tainted looking back now and I wince at it. I was very immature and naive too.

Reactions: 3
My first love was when I was 20.. Met on a night out, I had just broken up with a boyfriend I was with for 2 years and as soon as I met this new guy he opened my eyes and made me realise that I wasn't in love with the person I just broke up with at all. I felt completely different and I fell so hard for this guy, it wasn't serious though.. We were never in a relationship it was just a casual thing but he would pick and chose when he would speak to me and when he wanted to see me, but because I was so head over heals in to love with him I would do it... I would let him treat me like rubbish lol. I was young.. he was about 6 years older than me.. anyway, he broke my heart.. ripped it out of my chest and stamped on it 🙃 His birthday was on 1st January so I was drunk on new years morning and tried to call him.. His ex answered the phone and completely mugged me off.. laughed at me and told me he doesn't care about me and never has and then hung up. I left it, was devastated but left it and then a few days in to the new year in 2014 he texted me and broke it off.

Luckily enough now I am with someone who treats me like a princess and would do anything for me.. So I am lucky. We've been together 4 years now and there's been no doubts in our relationship at all. I feel secure and that's all I've ever wanted 🥰

We were both 14, part of the same friendship group. He was popular and very funny, whereas I was much quieter and a bit of a goody goody. We were together 6 months until he dumped me and got with a friend. That didn’t last and for the next ten years, we had an on and off type relationship which was very toxic and one-sided as I adored him whereas he would drop me like hot coals whenever something better came along.

I spent many nights crying over him. It wasn’t until I was about 25, and he moved away I was able to reflect on what an awful toxic situation it was. We haven’t spoken now for nearly 10 years and I think that’s for the best. I am now in a long term relationship as is he, but from what I hear from friends is that he doesn’t treat her well either. This leopard clearly didn’t change its spots.

Reactions: 1
I broke up with my first love a few years ago, I pushed him away unknowingly. I didn’t know that I was developing an eating disorder and ruined a lot of relationships around me.
He has moved on, he’s had a few new girlfriends since me.
On the other hand, I’m still desperately in love with him all these years on. I’ve not been near anybody since. I still cry about him most nights, it sounds crazy but even in my dreams , he’s in them and I wake up in the night crying.
i don’t think it’ll ever get easier, I don’t think I’ll ever move on from him.

I broke up with my first love a few years ago, I pushed him away unknowingly. I didn’t know that I was developing an eating disorder and ruined a lot of relationships around me.
He has moved on, he’s had a few new girlfriends since me.
On the other hand, I’m still desperately in love with him all these years on. I’ve not been near anybody since. I still cry about him most nights, it sounds crazy but even in my dreams , he’s in them and I wake up in the night crying.
i don’t think it’ll ever get easier, I don’t think I’ll ever move on from him.
Add on, he was very emotionally manipulative . It was a toxic relationship but it was my first and only. My family hate him for what he’s done, but I can’t fall out of love with him, no matter how much it hurts me everyday.

• Heart
  • Sad