Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
It wasn’t the same but I still enjoyed most episodes and I’ll miss it in my rotation! ☹ in fairness it’s obvious the last few eps there is no real direction or research done, maybe they decided to pause it now rather than let it get messier and have resentment build.

Personally I think they should put the time in Bandwagons rather than the flop culture thing as I think it’s more successful. I don’t really know anyone who likes Flop Culture…
Flop Culture is a total flop.
Fionnuala is so much better than that. She literally just needs to do a chatty/celeb goss/reality tv podcast. She would shine.

Reactions: 6

Lana.lee

Chatty Member
Yeah there hasn't been any new episodes since the pregnancy announcement.

I dunno...I'm actually devastated😂 I'm a Patreon and they are so easy to listen to and were great as a twosome.
I used to listen to Itgalz (totally different vibe) and found myself always looking forward to Bandwagons more as it was just an easier listen and not so in your face.

Hope Fionnula is ok.

Lana.lee

Chatty Member
What a nasty comment. If she wants to be close to her family when having a baby. The podcast worked remotely during covid so I wouldn't say that's the reason. Seems like Fionnuala was the one who pulled the carpet from under brid.

Wexford is beautiful and not everyone wants to be stuck in Dublin forever.
Agreed. I know this is Tattle but that was just a bit randomly harsh..?

newaccount2022

Chatty Member
I just think Bandwagons was such a great little niche and it’ll be hard to live up 🙈 like someone said above I will definitely listen because Fionnuala in all fairness is great at what she does and I’m sure it’ll be a laugh…. I just wish it was bandwagons!!!!

manpyj89

Chatty Member
I’m looking forward to this but I just hope it’s not the same pool of ‘gas’ guests that every other Irish podcast pick from. Karla K, James Kav, Rob Kenny, holly carpenter etc

Emilyinparis20

I wonder has fionnuala met brid’s baby? Of course they could have off camera/insta but it seems they have zero interaction now… really sad to see! I do miss them and their podcast! I tried to listen to their old eps recently but none would work for me - not sure if they’ve deleted them or what

sazwaz84

Doesn't sound good... Felt like it had been coming a long time... I was a patron for a while but stopped because it didn't feel like they cared all that much about it anymore, or at least didn't have the time to put a lot of effort into it. Still occasionally listened it and enjoyed it but I had assumed they both had full time jobs and did this for a laugh? They talked about having jobs before. If they're both working, Brid's going off having a baby and moving back to Wexford then I can see it just being more hassle than it's worth if their heart isn't in it.

Brid seems to be implying she didn't know until Fionnuala posted on insta? Very bad if she didn't but kinda feel like that wouldn't be something Fionnuala would do... Hope they're both ok and don't totally fall out over it.

I am as surprised and as saddened as anyone that Bandwagons is coming to an end. This has always been a joint venture and with Fionnuala stepping away I just don’t feel like I could do it justice on my own…
I want to say a huge thank you to our listeners, to anyone who has supported or followed the podcast over the last 3 years. We’ve had an incredible run and it’s opened so many doors for us. We truly couldn’t have done any of it without you.
We created something really special and I’m so sad it’s over. Love you all ❤ B x

Seems like Bridjust doesn't want to continue it by herself but is trying something new. Still no tags for each other though which is a bit sad...

Last edited:

Ratsout

VIP Member
She’s hosting the 6 o clock show tomorrow. Dare I say very excited to watch? I think she’ll be good

Lana.lee

Chatty Member
Literally so glad LI is back purely for Fionnualas nightly chats and the My Pod on Paper podcast 🎉🎉🎉

polarbearninja

I didn't make any of the live shows but surely if it wasn't a falling out then they would have made a joint announcement before the live shows and used the live shows as a going out with a bang thing. Did anyone go to the live shows? Was there even a hint?

I'd say Fionnuala found out about the pregnancy during the live shows (I'd imagine shed notice her not drinking). I think the bf was mentioned earlier this year but she did mention that she'd known of him for a while maybe? Still a short enough relationship.

They either fell out over something or something serious happened in Fionnuala's personal life. It's kind of unprofessional to announce it the way they have without a final episode so it wouldn't make sense if it was just an innocent parting of ways.

As for Fionnualas work, I think she works full time for 98fm as a social media exec. 6 o clock show and podcast were on top of that so kinda fair enough that she's busy.

Emilyinparis20

Crazy to see brid post about her three year anniversary and her little girl due to turn two next month!! The speed of their relationship still has my head spinning! But each to their own, etc! Has been a hectic three years for her when you think of it - between relationship, baby, career ups and downs and her poor dad!

ancupantae

Brid has announced it on Patreon. The way she's phrased it looks like Fionnuala landed it on her?
Capture.PNG

Emilyinparis20

Awwwh didn’t realise she had the baby! Lovely picture and name ( although I don’t get why Nora has a fade but sure look!) and yes, i also was shocked when she posted the year anniversary pic and was nine months pregnant! Not a prude but am her age and just spooked me as I can’t imagine being in that situation but I know no two people are the same!

Has fionnuala liked/commented/referenced it? Not that she has to but assumed she might post a congrats! They don’t seem to interact at all though so I think they did fall out, which is very sad

Giz the goss

No, they haven't released any new material since Brid announced her pregnancy. I was hoping they would talk about it. I wonder has this news soured the friendship?

Reactions: 5

newcomer

I know this thread is for fio nua la, and anyone who wants to support will, but paying a subscription for Bríds ONE podcast a month… seems outrageous..
I was curious so paid the €4 to listen to it. It really wasn’t great. She was trying to be relatable but her and the partner were just giving out about the doctors. It does seem like she just wants to make money off it but put very little work into it or make it something it’s not.

I miss Bandwagons so much, it was such a great podcast. I met Fionnula in person and she is sooo nice and funny. It’s a pity the two of them aren’t friends.

Reactions: 5