Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Sooz

Chatty Member
Really hope she does Love Island podcast this year but I suspect not. I used to absolutely love it, so funny. I hope at least she does IG Stories about it.

I will never be a supporter of her Krystal Carrington Colby fashion sense though. Jesus Take the Wheel!

Reactions: 7

trudyjudy007

Chatty Member
It wasn’t the same but I still enjoyed most episodes and I’ll miss it in my rotation! ☹ in fairness it’s obvious the last few eps there is no real direction or research done, maybe they decided to pause it now rather than let it get messier and have resentment build.

Personally I think they should put the time in Bandwagons rather than the flop culture thing as I think it’s more successful. I don’t really know anyone who likes Flop Culture…

The fact that fionnula just put it up and it wasn't a joint statement with a last episode makes it look like a fall out for sure, disappointing because they seemed like really good pals.

danteluv

Find that really hard to believe seeing as their lives are polar opposite atm....then again fionnuala has gone into full time content creating and her recent podcast isn't making any impact all it seems, so it could be done out of necessity?
Yea that could be true.. as someone pointed out above too Brid has only recently started interacting with Fionnuala again on instagram. It was kinda obvious that Brid was unhappy with the show ending- so fionnuala agreeing to go back to it could be the reason they are interacting again.

But yea, speculation!

brandambassador

VIP Member
I do hope she is ok. I like her.
The most annoying thing about the pod was the lack of research from brid a lot
Of the time. And then they went off on tangents. But I certainly laughed at every episode and I definitely will miss them, especially the ones where listeners texted in their experiences they were hilarious especially the first date, drunk stories and renting ones!

happycamper68

I think you can tell they still hold a grudge. Particularly Bríd… she isn’t coming across very well.
Have you picked this up from a mainstream or patreon episode? Like is there an example of what was said that makes you say this 🤔 genuinely interested, I listened to an old episode the other day and you can definitely see the difference in comfort levels slagging each other pre and post fall out. But I didn’t pick up on a bitter grudgey feeling ?

polarbearninja

If I had to make a complete guess as to what happened without any evidence I would say that I think something happened on the tour that really pissed Fionualla off and that was the end of the podcast and the friendship for her.

I don't think Fionualla ever really got to know Brid's partner so she was wary of him and I'd also say Brid told Fionualla she was pregnant while they were on tour (she would have to with drinks around) and that threw her for a loop. They were really close friends once from what I can gather, so I guess getting pregnant with your basically brand new boyfriend and not telling your friend until a high-stress time probably put a strain. I don't want to say that Fionnuala judged Brid for her decisions with the boyfriend and the baby but she may have just felt like they just weren't going to work as friends or working partners anymore.

lodgequeen

Chatty Member
She posted on insta a couple of weeks ago that she was finding this year really tough work wise. She was flying high last year and things seem to have dried up this year and she was struggling. I think she deleted them soon after. I’d say her confidence has taken a real knock.
I’m sure she’s feeling the pressure with having a whopper mortgage to pay. Hopefully things turn around for her soon.

• Heart

Lavendergreendillydilly

Literally makes no sense. Also, I'm sorry I know she is supposed to be a 'normal girl' but she could scrub herself up once in a while - I'd be mortified going on Insta in my jammies
I'd rather that than see people casually sitting around their houses in tracksuits with make up you'd wear on your wedding day, but I see your point. Especially since it's considered work.

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
I do think shes gas! Her spon con is thought through and funny rather than 'get this,so good, swipe up'

She will probably come into her own a bit when love island comes back. Enjoy bandwagons too.

I hope she has great success!

Actually i've messaged her a couple of times and always gotten a response which is v uncommon and appreciated!

• Heart

secretlondoner

VIP Member
Worked in Cork and still live close by - I know what you're saying but it's not that, it's something else entirely and I find it so hard to listen to
It's definitely a cork thing. I've lived in London longer than I care to admit and I still go up at the end of my sentences. But the way she does it is more stop and starty so it seems more of an American way of doing it, and sliiiiightly sarky. So I get you. It can be offputting.
Or, and this is my backgrounds in media training and linguistics coming into play, but it could be that she appears to be not very comfortable in her own skin right now
She seems to be under pressure (external or internal) to be a bit of an insta hun or a mini Muireann O'Connell or the louise girl who used to be on RTE radio with the blonde hair. Sorry I can't think of her name. Like the posing and the long long nails, and the blonde moneypiece (blonde doesn't suit her, sorry, it doesn't suit everyone. I've been there) and the thong swimsuits just don't seem to suit her personality or her style at all. It seems She's trying to be something she's not and that lack of confidence can often translate into the vocals- she's unsure of herself so the upflexion in tone becomes more pronounced and stilted.
She's doing incredible though, I hope she doesn't wear herself out by trying to fit into a box.

Ratsout

VIP Member
Brid had her baby girl the day Love Island started back, the timing 😂
So weird. Did you see her anniversary post to him. They were only “cohabiting” 4 days and she was 9 months pregnant. Only together a year. Basically they were together longer with her pregnant then they weren’t. I’m not a Pearl clutching catholic but surely you’d wanna be with someone a bit longer and living together before you have a baby

Emilyinparis20

I think it's fairy obvious since F is launching a new podcast that there was some kind of falling out with Brid. Fionnuala left first, ifrc, leaving Brid sort of in shock. Brid would have been pregnant at the time and has since upsticks and moved to Wexford so I'd imagine the shtick she feed about being too busy was a lie and she just didn't want to run the podcast remotely with Brid and perhaps there was a falling out. I always forget how young fionnuala is and maybe her pal having a baby and such a big change in lifestyle was too much for her and it didn't fit the image she's trying to create for herself. She might regret it down the line.
I’m the same age as the girls and I would take a guess that brids relationship and the break neck speed at which it’s been progressing definitely put a strain on the friendship/podcast - from the outside it seems like everything happened so quick and that can put a strain on any friendship never mind one which includes a joint venture

And it’s funny how we all read these situations, like looking at it, I would say I hope brid doesn’t regret it down the line. Like maybe she thought the podcast could work remotely and fionnuala didn’t and both povs are fair enough but I would say that brids wording on her post of the end of the podcast would definitely cause friction too - like very much put all the blame on fionnuala which I think is a tad unfair! Ans could alienate her from the content/podcast scene which is so small in Ireland! Regardless of what happened it’s sad to see!

Lana.lee

Chatty Member
Really missing Bandwagons podcast - I think Fionnuala should set up a new podcast - she was brilliant at it, perhaps with a better cohost this time.

Jenna89

Chatty Member
Am I the only person who hates constant guests?!! :( puts me off so much. Not just a Fionnuala thing obviously, nearly every pod is doing this now. I was looking forward to her coming back to podcasting but haven't listened to a single episode because I didn't recognise any of the guest names (except Karla K)
Also, the topics are a little bit too ‘underground’ I think…. I know the whole premise is flops but a podcast about snowflakes and Andrea whatsherface…. Not exactly pulling you in!

Peekaboo1234

VIP Member
Both very young I suppose and sometimes friendships end same as relationships. Took very different paths.

Fionnula has a great career ahead seems to have really catapulted. Could be on the bee bee cee or elsewhere in the future. You’d never know.

Reactions: 6

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
Delighted! I have great time for her, think shes one of the few thats as sound as she seems if that makes sense.

Say her wedding would be a good sesh too!!
I agree.
Fionnuala has consistently been herself throughout the years too, hasn't changed with the fame she has gained etc

tatihegz

Not sure if anyone is stilled a member of the bangwagons patreon but in case ye are, cancel it. I'm only now realising money was still being taken out after any new stuff was posted, just a preview for Brids #momcon on a different patreon. Didn't spot it in Jan and My own fault for not cancelling the second Fionnuala said it was finished but seems very scammy to still be taking €5 a month off people without letting them no no new stuff is coming, even keeping it open seems very dodgy to me.

• Wow