FionnualaJay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't listen to the podcast but absolutely howled at her Love Island stuff last year. She's hilarious.

Also appreciate how she generally doesn't have any make-up on. She's very normal. I watch her stories most days. I like her social conscience too.

But on my God Fionnuala your taste in clothes is CAT. Maybe I'm just an old fart but whenever she shows any clothes she's bought I turn into my mother, because everything is either too boxy, or tight, or too tight on some bits but boxy on others and is this what THE YOUTH is wearing now??!

Reactions: 5
I love that she's so ordinary as well. I know what you mean about her style.
I think a lot of young people her age are big into buying secondhand and therefore find it hard to form a style as such, so maybe that's it. I saw someone tweeting much the same the other day. I can't remember who, it was just a liked tweet by someone I follow, but it pretty much said "I feel like I've forgotten how to dress to suit myself because I try really hard to buy second hand". Maybe at 25 she's just finding her look. I actually always forget she's so young!!

Just found this thread by chance! I think Fionnuala is genuinely hilarious, especially in regards to Love Island. A lot of classic and pretty influencers are struggling to come up with content this year, while she is just naturally funny and can generate good content no matter what. I do agree about her style though, it's awful.....

started following her a few years ago when she 1st started commenting on love island and only had a small following, delighted she has had such success and she is still the same on insta despite the huge following. shes very cool I think! Also love Whiskey :)

Reactions: 2
She's so deserving of her following. There are too many people who just post narcissistic, awkwardly posed photos of their fast fashion outfits or just post videos of themselves doing yoga or eating every day that higher follower numbers and you'd wonder why when you actually get nothing out of them except ads! Even the ads Fionnuala does are entertaining 😆

Reactions: 3
Not doing a swerve on FJ or anything but I'm a bit tired of the spon con at this stage. I can't remember the last time I saw her posting something genuine and it seems like her heart isn't really in it. Like she's putting on the spon con mask but you can see there's something unfulfilling about it for her. I know she needs the money but I hope she finds herself in a place where she doesn't have to rely on shilling so much. I miss her old content!

Not doing a swerve on FJ or anything but I'm a bit tired of the spon con at this stage. I can't remember the last time I saw her posting something genuine and it seems like her heart isn't really in it. Like she's putting on the spon con mask but you can see there's something unfulfilling about it for her. I know she needs the money but I hope she finds herself in a place where she doesn't have to rely on shilling so much. I miss her old content!
Totally agree...every time I see her stories now it's just spon after spon. I appreciate that she tries to make them funny, but it wears thin after a while. I know she worked in journalism before and I hope she gets another shot at it (which I know is tough in this climate!!)

I hope she does too. She was great on the Daily Edge. I totally understand that she is probably relying on the sponsorship fees but I tend to unfollow people who * only * advertise, whether it's paid for content or not, because I'm sick of the consumerist attitude. and I really don't want to unfollow her. If I wanted ads I'd ditch my Netflix account and Sky Plus!

Reactions: 1
I came on here to see if anyone was talking about this. Everything she posts these days is PR or an Ad. So boring. I'm really sick of people on instagram selling to us. It's not content. I understand they need to earn money but if this is their job could they not make the time to share more interesting stuff? I don't want to watch people doing their exercises or selling stuff to me. Her content has slipped big time i can't remember the last time I've found the stuff she posts interesting. It's such a shame. She's in danger of becoming an instaclone and it's not true to herself at all. Come on, gal!

Have Brid and Fionnuala moved in together?
I was thinking the same because of the pictures of them sitting beside each other that Brid posted and the Christmas sponcon about the cocktails. They shouldn't be sitting that close together or going to each other's houses otherwise

Last edited:
Oh now HOW is a woman in a 4 year relationship doing ads for a dating app?! Ridiculous
Literally makes no sense. Also, I'm sorry I know she is supposed to be a 'normal girl' but she could scrub herself up once in a while - I'd be mortified going on Insta in my jammies

Literally makes no sense. Also, I'm sorry I know she is supposed to be a 'normal girl' but she could scrub herself up once in a while - I'd be mortified going on Insta in my jammies
I'd rather that than see people casually sitting around their houses in tracksuits with make up you'd wear on your wedding day, but I see your point. Especially since it's considered work.

Reactions: 7
I do think shes gas! Her spon con is thought through and funny rather than 'get this,so good, swipe up'

She will probably come into her own a bit when love island comes back. Enjoy bandwagons too.

I hope she has great success!

Actually i've messaged her a couple of times and always gotten a response which is v uncommon and appreciated!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Why is she not using the automatic captions on Instagram? Considering her stories are very talk heavy at the moment with Love Island, she really sticks out for not using them and I just tap right past them now especially if I’m on my lunch break with others have my phone on mute

Why is she not using the automatic captions on Instagram? Considering her stories are very talk heavy at the moment with Love Island, she really sticks out for not using them and I just tap right past them now especially if I’m on my lunch break with others have my phone on mute
Ive noticed they seem to glitch a lot of the time so the same 10 second story will upload multiple times. Could be something to do with that? I think she has used them in the past

I could have sworn I saw captions this morning, but they go off and on.

I think it's half her just forgetting to do them and half them being a pain in the arse.