FionnualaJay

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Shame that we wouldn’t get one last episode explaining/saying goodbye, it seems like a cut and run thing. I know Brid mentioned she’d be moving home in one of the latest podcasts (now we know why) so I guess that may have also strained things podcast wise. Hope the two girls have plenty of good things ahead of them, but I’ll really miss the banter between the two of them.

Reactions: 9
I’m devo 😭 they are such a comfort pod for me. Might have to sub to the patreon for a while to listen to the back catalog.

I don’t think this was necessarily planned in advance by Fionnuala but could feel it coming, if that makes sense? I even said it to my friend just yesterday when the weekly pod was yet another old Patreon ep that I wasn’t sure they would ever record again. I don’t really believe that she has that much work-wise that she absolutely cannot do the pod, but I think she lost the Grá for it and the two are not as close any more so it’s not a priority to her to make it work. It’s a pity because some episodes were viciously funny and I’d be roaring laughing on my walks.

I do find it weird that there’s been no mention/‘goodbye’ to Fionnuala on Bríds page or the BW insta, I don’t know whether to put that down to a bit of icyness between them or not wanting to draw attention to it on social media because the It Galz end has been so fantastically awful.

I think Bríd is so so funny but it’ll be a big change and will take time to settle into a new co-host or weekly guests… personally I’m not a fan of random guests on pod week to week and I’ll definitely miss them as a duo!!

Reactions: 5
I was never really a fan of the podcast but it all points to a falling out, even if Brid was moving home plenty of podcasts work with presenters/guests in different locations. My Therapist Ghosted Me, Table Manners…and I don’t get how Fionnuala would be too busy. Is she doing a lot more freelance stuff that we don’t see?

Reactions: 3
I hope Brid gets a co-host and manages the split better than Lindsay. I would hate to see another enjoyable pod go. At this rate Ill have nothing to listen to.

Reactions: 1
I’m devo 😭 they are such a comfort pod for me. Might have to sub to the patreon for a while to listen to the back catalog.

I don’t think this was necessarily planned in advance by Fionnuala but could feel it coming, if that makes sense? I even said it to my friend just yesterday when the weekly pod was yet another old Patreon ep that I wasn’t sure they would ever record again. I don’t really believe that she has that much work-wise that she absolutely cannot do the pod, but I think she lost the Grá for it and the two are not as close any more so it’s not a priority to her to make it work. It’s a pity because some episodes were viciously funny and I’d be roaring laughing on my walks.

I do find it weird that there’s been no mention/‘goodbye’ to Fionnuala on Bríds page or the BW insta, I don’t know whether to put that down to a bit of icyness between them or not wanting to draw attention to it on social media because the It Galz end has been so fantastically awful.

I think Bríd is so so funny but it’ll be a big change and will take time to settle into a new co-host or weekly guests… personally I’m not a fan of random guests on pod week to week and I’ll definitely miss them as a duo!!
That's exactly it! - it was such a 'comfort pod.' The girls were so easy to listen to. I would often have it on when I was cleaning etc and it was just like listening in to two friends having a chat. It was a break from the scathing OTT nature of itgalz etc (who admittedly I was a fan of)

Bandwagons Patreon was great - looking back at films like 'The Lizzie Maguire Movie' was so nostalgic ❤ I will really miss them. I've unsubscribed to the Patreon though it would have been nice if there had been a statement on there to their paying subscribers.

That's exactly it! - it was such a 'comfort pod.' The girls were so easy to listen to. I would often have it on when I was cleaning etc and it was just like listening in to two friends having a chat. It was a break from the scathing OTT nature of itgalz etc (who admittedly I was a fan of)

Bandwagons Patreon was great - looking back at films like 'The Lizzie Maguire Movie' was so nostalgic ❤ I will really miss them. I've unsubscribed to the Patreon though it would have been nice if there had been a statement on there to their paying subscribers.
Its very fishy.no update on the patreon or bandwagons insta. Dont think fionnuala even tagged brid in her statement. They seemed to be very successful with shows and patreon too

Reactions: 1
The fact that there was no joint announcement on the pod, or even tagging Brid as someone mentioned above.. makes it all look like it ended on bad terms. Which is such a shame as they are such close friends and it would be a shame for this to come between them. It very much looks like Fionnuala has ended things prematurely.

Reactions: 2
Brid has announced it on Patreon. The way she's phrased it looks like Fionnuala landed it on her?
Capture.PNG

Reactions: 6
'I'm as shocked and saddened as anyone that it's ending like this'

💔

Doesn't sound good... Felt like it had been coming a long time... I was a patron for a while but stopped because it didn't feel like they cared all that much about it anymore, or at least didn't have the time to put a lot of effort into it. Still occasionally listened it and enjoyed it but I had assumed they both had full time jobs and did this for a laugh? They talked about having jobs before. If they're both working, Brid's going off having a baby and moving back to Wexford then I can see it just being more hassle than it's worth if their heart isn't in it.

Brid seems to be implying she didn't know until Fionnuala posted on insta? Very bad if she didn't but kinda feel like that wouldn't be something Fionnuala would do... Hope they're both ok and don't totally fall out over it.

I am as surprised and as saddened as anyone that Bandwagons is coming to an end. This has always been a joint venture and with Fionnuala stepping away I just don’t feel like I could do it justice on my own…
I want to say a huge thank you to our listeners, to anyone who has supported or followed the podcast over the last 3 years. We’ve had an incredible run and it’s opened so many doors for us. We truly couldn’t have done any of it without you.
We created something really special and I’m so sad it’s over. Love you all ❤ B x

Seems like Bridjust doesn't want to continue it by herself but is trying something new. Still no tags for each other though which is a bit sad...

Last edited:
Female duo podcasts are pretty oversaturated, but this one definitely had good production and comedy value. The timing of some of the topics - renting etc. was voicing the youth for sure.

Both still very young so can go on to do great things. Fionnuala deffo has a good broadcasting and journalistic career ahead.

Gutted about this. It’s a really good pod.
Good luck to Brid with the #momcon and being stuck in Wexford for the rest of her life.
What a nasty comment. If she wants to be close to her family when having a baby. The podcast worked remotely during covid so I wouldn't say that's the reason. Seems like Fionnuala was the one who pulled the carpet from under brid.

Wexford is beautiful and not everyone wants to be stuck in Dublin forever.

Reactions: 22
What a nasty comment. If she wants to be close to her family when having a baby. The podcast worked remotely during covid so I wouldn't say that's the reason. Seems like Fionnuala was the one who pulled the carpet from under brid.

I agree.. can’t think of anywhere worse to be stuck than Dublin actually! 😂 life’s not all about where you live. Bríd is funny, personable and seems to have a great family and extended network in Wexford.. why wouldn’t she want to be there!

Reactions: 5

Agreed. I know this is Tattle but that was just a bit randomly harsh..?

Agreed. I know this is Tattle but that was just a bit randomly harsh..?
I dont know if the poster meant to be so harsh. While i'd phrase it a bit more gently, i kinda agree with the sentiment. I unfollowed brid as soon as she said she was pregnant. I have no interest in buggy chat, hospital bag chat, birth stories etc etc

Reactions: 2