Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ingognito.Queen

VIP Member
I really missed them, there is such a space for them in the Irish female podcasting world imo - they are less toxic than Itgalz/Lipstick Lessons, more intelligent than Charleen and Ellie, more relatable than Vogue & Joanne and have better rapport/likability than Jen & Karla.

I'm thrilled they're back.

• Heart
Reactions: 23

xteeny

Gutted about this. It’s a really good pod.
Good luck to Brid with the #momcon and being stuck in Wexford for the rest of her life.
What a nasty comment. If she wants to be close to her family when having a baby. The podcast worked remotely during covid so I wouldn't say that's the reason. Seems like Fionnuala was the one who pulled the carpet from under brid.

Wexford is beautiful and not everyone wants to be stuck in Dublin forever.

Reactions: 22

Emilyinparis20

I see Brid was posting about Fionnuala’s new show - first time I’ve seen them interact in about a year! Hope they’re still friends in some capacity! And fair play to fionnuala, happy to see her do well

Reactions: 18

Ratsout

VIP Member
Jesus does she ever post anything that’s not an AD/PR? Then she recommends it. Babe you didn’t pay for it….? How would you know it it’s worth it? Gross
Don’t think that’s a fair observation. Her nightly chats after love island aren’t paid, are quite entertaining and most of all she donates money to charity for money she’s raised from the chats. Last year she raised 30k for Afghanistan

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Ellamay87

VIP Member
Right! 🙈 I am 27 and so behind her, her and her bf seem to have been on the mortgage grind for years though, it’s only this year I fully realised what a mortgage entails and actually thought shit I need to save!
While it's important to start saving etc there is no such thing as 'behind'. Everyone is at a different phase in life and do not get caught into the trap of keeping up with the Jones.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Ratsout

VIP Member
I agree.
Fionnuala has consistently been herself throughout the years too, hasn't changed with the fame she has gained etc
Just love her honesty about life in general and she says it as it is. She was so honest about how fucked the rental market is and how tough it was buying unlike the other Huns who sell a few white label products and are buying mansions in malahide

Last edited:
Reactions: 12

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Delighted! I have great time for her, think shes one of the few thats as sound as she seems if that makes sense.

Say her wedding would be a good sesh too!!

Reactions: 12

Emilyinparis20

I know this thread is dead and for Fionnuala but I guess I view it as a bandwagons/fionnuala thread, but I am still shook seeing Brid put up the happy one year post and being nine months pregnancy! I knew she got pregnant early on but didn’t realise how quick! Not that there is something wrong with that, I’m just a similar age so thinking of myself in that situation 😅😅 at times like this I miss the pod, would love to hear them discuss her whole journey. Do we think they’re still friends? I know not everything has to be online but they don’t seem to interact anymore, it’s sad

Reactions: 10

danteluv

Id be very surprised. Think they are outfits they wore for a live show back then
Yea they are the outfits from the live show but find it weird that they would create a new “logo” for a show that doesn’t make new episodes anymore. But maybe just getting hopes up 🤣

Sooz

Chatty Member
No her style is ATROCIOUS. She's certainly no advertisement for shopping vintage as everything she wears is ill fitting, has serious 1980s Auntie vibes, and looks a bit whiffy.

Mind you, I find that vintage shopping in Ireland is a disaster if you're over a size 12. You're left with the secondhand dregs from Penneys and Dunnes with the odd mother of the bride outfit thrown in.

Ratsout

VIP Member
It’s actually nice to see a young fresh face having a go rather than the usual carousel of has beens 🤣

LMPhun

Shame that we wouldn’t get one last episode explaining/saying goodbye, it seems like a cut and run thing. I know Brid mentioned she’d be moving home in one of the latest podcasts (now we know why) so I guess that may have also strained things podcast wise. Hope the two girls have plenty of good things ahead of them, but I’ll really miss the banter between the two of them.

Reactions: 9

Mooordgirl

VIP Member
Have to say, fair play to Fionnuala with the fundraiser for Afghanistan through her Kofi account. Seeing her cry at how many people were donating and how much it raised in the first 12 hours alone made me teary too I'll be honest.
100% - she is so decent and self aware, two qualities that so many instagrammers with big followings do not possess. She always does little giveaways from press bits AND gives them away using a question box to enter rather than expecting tags, comments, a vital organ and story shares. Literally doing it to be sound rather than gain follwers.

Shes a dote 😍

• Heart

Ratsout

VIP Member
She doesn’t fit the RTE mould. She’s not a Nepo baby and shes actually interesting and talented. Shame

Sooz

Chatty Member
I am so looking forward to the nightly LI chats, she has me howling with them.