Finch Bakery

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
And now the thread comes full circle: first a rave thread then an Instagrammer’s thread and back to a rave thread.

Just a shame it’s raving about everyone (including Lidl) except Finch (and the £35 for five small defrosted and sweated upon baked goods guy).

🤷‍♀️

Bloody hell everyone, I was TRYING to lose weight but some of the suggestions look soo good!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Long time lurker, long time cake lover too 😂 love all the suggestions made so far. We tried George's Bakery last year and we got ill later that day (might have been a total coincidence but coupled with his sweaty up close videos it's put me right off), wtfudge are amazing but so hard to get hold of?! Also tried urban fudge cos I got sick of waiting and that was really good. The Hedgehog Bakery are good for postal brownies and blondies etc and so is Bake for the soul if there's anyone with dietary requirements (my husband is gf so we can order a mix from there).

Oh and FB annoy the hell out of me, ended up unfollowing, I don't really like pages that show too much personal tit like kids and whatever. Each to their own I guess.
My partner had a bad stomach after George's. Ive always been fine.
He thinks it's purely the amount of sugar in all his bakes. They're so sweet and sickly, it's too much

• Wow
Reactions: 5
I like following the girls and saw this thread when it all originally kicked off.

I don't follow Tessa but I hope she is still fulfilling her Dentistry dream.

I haven't ordered from FB because most thing seem to have bloody nutella or some sort of hazelnut spread in it.

I order a oh.my.cakery movie box... it was nice but the popcorn chocolate bar had too much popcorn crumbs in. I felt like I was picking out bits from my teeth for days! Scoop dog was lovely. Cookie had too much baking soda in it.

Just recently ordered from Doe... oh dear so greasy. Hardly any filling. Disappointed. Maybe fresh on the day rather than postal is better.

Finally got a George Bakery two weeks ago. I also had a stomach ache after!! I mean what are the chances?!?! I think his cakes look amazing but the postal just seems to make him money hungry (story last night saying how he doesn't freeze his goods yet it was mentionedhere beforehand)

If you do the Maths with him..
Approximately 900ish boxes a week, average price £30. Making £27k every sunday night. I admire his long hours and starting from from his small market stall, but getting a bit too big now. For example, 1 minute too busy to make videos. Now is realises about creator fund on TikTok, many videos being uploaded there!

Reactions: 7
I like following the girls and saw this thread when it all originally kicked off.

I haven't ordered from FB because most thing seem to have bloody nutella or some sort of hazelnut spread in it.

I order a oh.my.cakery movie box... it was nice but the popcorn chocolate bar had too much popcorn crumbs in. I felt like I was picking out bits from my teeth for days! Scoop dog was lovely. Cookie had too much baking soda in it.

Just recently ordered from Doe... oh dear so greasy. Hardly any filling. Disappointed. Maybe fresh on the day rather than postal is better.

Finally got a George Bakery two weeks ago. I also had a stomach ache after!! I mean what are the chances?!?! I think his cakes look amazing but the postal just seems to make him money hungry (story last night saying how he doesn't freeze his goods yet it was mentionedhere beforehand)

Approximately 900ish boxes a week, average price £30. Making £27k every sunday night. I admire his long hours and starting from from his small market stall, but getting a bit too big now. For example, 1 minute too busy to make videos. Now is realises about creator fund on TikTok, many videos being uploaded there!
He really does freeze he can't make that much so early in the week and doesn't freeze it is why so many people are sick afterwards

Reactions: 4
I don’t think George freezes his bakes, he has a cooling room and He once posted a video of all the bakes in that room in massive plastic containers. I use to live for his videos I found him a breath of fresh air now I just skip through them. I won’t order from him cause I can’t justify ghat price and especially for things that’s where made a week prior, don’t know why he doesn’t just do regular postal drops through the week instead of baking all week for one big drop of things that’s are no longer fresh regardless of been sat in a air tight container, fresh to me is made that day or the day before.

Reactions: 6

I will say George's cakes are the same as FB in my opinion, dry af

Reactions: 8

I got a bakes box from doe.... Literally thrown in a box. They aren't even wrapped in a paper bag or plastic and just aren't packaged well at all! They are literally flying all over a box with a bit of paper over. And all 4 tasted the exact same lol I wouldn't order again put it that way.

• Wow
The oh my god, oh my god, oh my god from his great af mouth is annoying

Go take a shower and sort out your face

Reactions: 4
I got a bakes box from doe.... Literally thrown in a box. They aren't even wrapped in a paper bag or plastic and just aren't packaged well at all! They are literally flying all over a box with a bit of paper over. And all 4 tasted the exact same lol I wouldn't order again put it that way.
That’s what finches have been like when I’ve got a mixed box. Bits of orange on the raspberry ones and white chocolate curls on others that shouldn’t be on there

Reactions: 3
That’s what finches have been like when I’ve got a mixed box. Bits of orange on the raspberry ones and white chocolate curls on others that shouldn’t be on there
This is such a pet hate of mine.. really gives me the ick no matter where they’re from!

Reactions: 6
I think a lot of people jumped on the postal brownies last year because of lockdown. If it was my business I’d probably send them in air tight bags to help keep them fresh/separate flavours especially as there were postal delays

They have acrylic nails on as well before pandemic obvs which you’re not meant to have in catering

• Wow
I think you’re allowed if you wear gloves
No not even then. I used to be a chef and definitely wasn’t allowed. They are seen as unhygienic. It could be at the managers discretion ( which would be themselves ) as
That’s what the rules were on hats . But they always take pics holding things with their nails on display is what I meant

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I don't think I've ever seen them wear gloves. Might be mistaken though.
They wear gloves, I’ve seen loads of pics with gloves I think recently there are lots of pics without as they’re experimenting new recipes.
@Flossy2019 I think you are right in saying it’s managers discretion

Reactions: 2
Will anyone be buying their book? Why pay through the nose for their products if you can make them yourself?
I‘ve pre-ordered the book written by Peter who won GBBO so I think I’ll give their book a miss.

Will anyone be buying their book? Why pay through the nose for their products if you can make them yourself?
I‘ve pre-ordered the book written by Peter who won GBBO so I think I’ll give their book a miss.
I can't see them giving away their brownie recipe and their cakes are the standard basic cake recipe.
So I can't see there being much of a point to the books?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.