Finch Bakery

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Usually the hyped up places on Instagram are awful and most of the time they have copied a recipe and not bother to alter it

I had george bakery stuff and it was awful and actually made me feel sick for a few days

I find lesser known Instagram's much better they put way more effort into things
I enjoy George's but I feel there's just too much sugar in it all.

Yep like I said he thinks he is worth it and his stuff is better than everyone else's

He slags off other bakeries and is sly about it I don't like his attitude at all
I posted on here before about his attitude! I feel hes so sarcastic in the q&a or gives stupid replies and I just think... why did you bother asking people to ask you something?! Most people ask him because they have a genuine q about baking and obviously follow him for inspiration and then get a stupid response. It also really annoys me when he goes... omg so omg, omg. I don’t know why it triggers me so much but it will be about the most mundane things.. you had lunch today? Omg so omg right...

Reactions: 3
I posted on here before about his attitude! I feel hes so sarcastic in the q&a or gives stupid replies and I just think... why did you bother asking people to ask you something?! Most people ask him because they have a genuine q about baking and obviously follow him for inspiration and then get a stupid response. It also really annoys me when he goes... omg so omg, omg. I don’t know why it triggers me so much but it will be about the most mundane things.. you had lunch today? Omg so omg right...
I'm really not surprised someone wanted his stall removed I'm guessing he is very obnoxious

Reactions: 1
Some of the boxes were nearly 40 quid 😂
I have been to his stall many times and each of the items are £3 which is roughly normal price for things like that.
Which means that in a box such as one that is £36, the items are £21 of you bought from his stall. Surely £15 isn't p&p.
I know the boxes are heavy... But not £15 heavy...

Reactions: 2
I order from George’s quite often and SOME things are very very sweet but hands up - I actually don’t like cake - the crevices are UNREAL as are the loaded brownies. Amazing. I don’t like cookie dough either but as they go they aren’t bad..
I think his sense of humour is super sarcastic, I personally find him hilarious but I can see how when it’s typed it’s hard to know what’s in jest and what isn’t..

Finch I never tried but I very almost ordered my sister a scraper from their website for Christmas and they’re so expensive ??? Ended up ordering from an online bakery store and got 6 scrapers for the price I was going to spend on two. They work well too she’s baked plenty with them 🤷🏽‍♀️ Now I personally think the finch girls are really rude on Instagram 🙃

Yeah he thinks he is worth the price thats the problem
He said that on Sunday night they sold over 800 boxes in a minute and everything sold out in an hour so plenty of people must think they are worth it. While I would like to try some of his products I think the prices are crazy.

Reactions: 4
Those geo hearts they make look good but duck am I paying £11 when I can get the same for half the price on eBay 😋

If anyone wants a brownie fix but doesn’t want to pay £30 😬 Bearhut brownies are amazing (ps this is not my biz but her brownies are delish and are cheap)

Reactions: 1
Just all go to Lidl. The chocolate donuts and brownies are the best and are around 60p each 👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽

Reactions: 7
Just all go to Lidl. The chocolate donuts and brownies are the best and are around 60p each 👌🏽👌🏽👌🏽
100% this !
the doughnuts are 29p... pre lockdown I bought a bunch to take to work for colleagues - piled them high on a cake stand and they were amazed the whole thing has cost me less than a fiver aka the price you pay for one at some of these joints.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My thing with that George is how far in advance he does his bakes. I get he needs to have them done to post on the Monday BUT I wouldn't wanna spend over £30 on items that were made nearer a week prior. Maybe that's just me because I'm funny with things like that.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.