Finch Bakery #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just had a look at isabakes on instagram, it's like a finch bakery clone?? Surprised they are ok with this.
Not really much they can do.... They hardly invented cakes and brownies. 1000s of people are doing exactly the same things

Reactions: 3
I think they copy isabakes too she started doing hot desserts then they did. They wasn't as imaginative until recently i think isabakes started all the cookie cups and stuff like that before they did

I think they just like their child free time. Do they even bake or serve? I don’t think they do 🤔
They decorate the celebration cakes, they only have 1 other staff member that can do them apart from them two so they probably had to go back

Reactions: 1
They decorate the celebration cakes, they only have 1 other staff member that can do them apart from them two so they probably had to go back
Sure they said they wouldn’t train anyone else on celebration cakes after isabakes set up their own bakery 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sure they said they wouldn’t train anyone else on celebration cakes after isabakes set up their own bakery 😂
They don’t do many celebration cakes anymore. They’ve completely stopped taking wedding bookings

Reactions: 2
Their celebration cakes bore me to tears these days 😴View attachment 1067410
They’re very 2016 standard 🤷🏼‍♀️

They’re biggest problem is they haven’t really evolved, and a lot of their recent things have been copied from isabakes or elsewhere so technically too late to appeal because people have gone elsewhere for that new item. If I was local, I’d go to Isabakes hands down.

Reactions: 5
They’re very 2016 standard 🤷🏼‍♀️

They’re biggest problem is they haven’t really evolved, and a lot of their recent things have been copied from isabakes or elsewhere so technically too late to appeal because people have gone elsewhere for that new item. If I was local, I’d go to Isabakes hands down.
Me too they're very set in their ways and not very imaginative. Most of the stuff in their book they hadn't even made before, they practiced for the book! isabakes is always coming up with new ideas and even makes her own ice cream. I'd be disappointed if I'd of paid £65+ for one of the above cakes

Their celebration cakes bore me to tears these days 😴View attachment 1067410
they are all very samey aren’t they? Like the one on left (is it Paw Patrol?) can’t even tell it’s a theme cake with just a plaque shoved on top

they all have the drips too which I hate, I see no point?

There’s no interesting pipe work etc just shove as many sweets etc on as possible

they are all very samey aren’t they? Like the one on left (is it Paw Patrol?) can’t even tell it’s a theme cake with just a plaque shoved on top

There’s no interesting pipe work etc just shove as many sweets etc on as possible
It's the drip with all the sprinkles stuck on for me 🤢 they just look like

I know colours don't even match the paw patrol topper and Malteser bunnies on it? Sure they've just used random choc left over. They're definitely resting on their laurels now they're "famous"

It's the drip with all the sprinkles stuck on for me 🤢 they just look like

I know colours don't even match the paw patrol topper and Malteser bunnies on it? Sure they've just used random choc left over. They're definitely resting on their laurels now they're "famous"
I didn’t even notice the bunnies! How random!?
Yes agree the colours are all wrong- the main plaque colour is a much deeper pink but it’s not used on the cake at all- looks like a random cake they decided to pass off as a birthday one

Am I the only one that thinks that looks like the least appealing thing ever? What’s the obsession with shoving ready baked cakes in to everything? Battenburg and Cookie aren’t really flavours that go together 😬
I saw that earlier. Too far. Theres nothing wrong with normal brownies or blondies.

Eww.. Whats their fake nails doing on a bakery Instagram post? 🤢 It’s obvious they don’t do any work but still.

I stopped going to a local bakery because the women had her gross looking acrylic nails all over my food with no gloves on. It made me feel ill 🥴

Eww.. Whats their fake nails doing on a bakery Instagram post? 🤢 It’s obvious they don’t do any work but still.

I stopped going to a local bakery because the women had her gross looking acrylic nails all over my food with no gloves on. It made me feel ill 🥴
I agree with the nails thing. Having worked in food places before, we've never been allowed even nail varnish of any kind.

However the gloves thing, if they're not changing them regularly then it's less hygienic than just washing their hands regularly. It's a big misconception that gloves are more hygienic.

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.