Finch Bakery #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Kit seems so hard work. Did anyone see the post they put on of wren with a bruise on her face from him 🥺
Oh no. Poor baby. I have 2 children with exactly the same ages gap and it’s actually gone really well. I can imagine the stress if the oldest hasn’t taken to the baby 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 4
My brother used to hate me when I was born used to try drag me out of my bouncer with my feet 😳😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I always find their posts so manic, can’t make head nor tail of half of them. Maybe because both twins are posting at the same time so there’s no consistency!

Reactions: 5
Of course alba went as them for world book day 😂 she is cute though
I don’t blame them doing this. I think World Book day has got totally out of hand and there’s far too much pressure on parents to spend lots on outfits.

Reactions: 5
I don’t blame them doing this. I think World Book day has got totally out of hand and there’s far too much pressure on parents to spend lots on outfits.
Oh don't get me wrong I 100% agree! It's madness isn't it! Was book day today and red nose day in a couple of weeks my sons school want them dressed as superheros 🙄

Oh don't get me wrong I 100% agree! It's madness isn't it! Was book day today and red nose day in a couple of weeks my sons school want them dressed as superheros 🙄
I didn‘t mean to be rude to you, sorry if it came across like that. A colleague posted on FB that she paid £17 for a costume and I guess many would pay a lot more. It’s crazy to pay that for something that will be worn once. Times are tough and for many families there won’t be that kind of money available after paying for essentials.

Reactions: 2
Just my opinion as a small time baker, some of their occasion cakes are awful regarding decoration! Not sure on taste? But bet they cost a fortune. Probs get much better cakes from a home baker for a quatre of the price?

Just my opinion as a small time baker, some of their occasion cakes are awful regarding decoration! Not sure on taste? But bet they cost a fortune. Probs get much better cakes from a home baker for a quatre of the price?
so many reviews say they’re dry and over sweet. I think they have reviews on trip advisor

I’ve made 2 of their recipes from the book now and they’ve both been dry AF. They don’t put baking powder in though, which seems so bizarre but then again I’m not a professional baker 🤷🏻‍♀️

I’ve made 2 of their recipes from the book now and they’ve both been dry AF. They don’t put baking powder in though, which seems so bizarre but then again I’m not a professional baker 🤷🏻‍♀️
As far as I'm aware.. Baking powder is only needed when it's plain flower.
It's not needed with SR flour.
Not 100% sure on that though

Reactions: 3
Definitely follow lots of other bakers who still use baking powder in their recipe with self raising flour 🤷🏻‍♀️ Mary Berry definitely does 😂

Definitely follow lots of other bakers who still use baking powder in their recipe with self raising flour 🤷🏻‍♀️ Mary Berry definitely does 😂
It helps make a more light sponge etc, but it's not absolutely necessary as srf should rise alone.

I ordered brownies during the first lockdown (was seriously over excited looking back) . They were definitely old. Very dry and stale - I was gutted!!

Dry cakes are over baked ( usually)
this definitely could be the reason too - the timings they gave left me with a still very uncooked cake for the size (they say 8inch and specify amount of batter so it’s not that I used the wrong pan/amount!)

making a wedding cake soon (not using their recipe 😂) so if anyone has any tips/recipes - I clearly need all the help I can get 🤦🏻‍♀️

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.